Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    The Quake esque/TF2 clone/whatever Overwatch isn't really competing with Halo, which is a of a completely different genre of FPS along with CoD. Furthermore, Halo is an Xbox exclusive, while OW is computer exclusive, so there's pretty much no overlap. OW isn't even selling anything ATM so really it boils down to who's going to get the most streams, and I think it's pretty obvious which of the two will.
    Is it? Im not sure.

UPDATE (October 23, 2015): We were able to complete setup and testing of our beta servers for Europe sooner than anticipated. As a result, we're happy to report that we will be launching the Overwatch Closed Beta in both the Americas and Europe gameplay regions on October 27.

http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/19919176/

Well played Blizzard.

Deleted
    Will give soul and nudes for beta xoxo#believe

/begs for beta invite, I'm so keen to try out the game after seeing gameplay videos..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any streamers with some actual FPS skills? I would like to see some skilled Overwatch gameplay, not some newby one.

Deleted
    Here's what will happen...

They will give the big streamers and Youtubers (and some lucky randoms to make the queue times shorter) beta access on the 27th to build hype, and then they'll announce at blizzcon that if you preorder Legion you will get a beta code to Overwatch.

Just watch, Overwatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    UPDATE (October 23, 2015): We were able to complete setup and testing of our beta servers for Europe sooner than anticipated. As a result, we're happy to report that we will be launching the Overwatch Closed Beta in both the Americas and Europe gameplay regions on October 27.

Yeeeeeeeeeees! #InBlizzardITrust! Give me a damn key!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post

Now that's nice. I guess I'll have to take couple days off sooner than I thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Now that's nice. I guess I'll have to take couple days off sooner than I thought....
    That makes two of us (if I am lucky enough to get an invite)!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got into Hearthstone beta and Heroes alpha, so i'm hopeful my lucky streak continues!
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

When do they normally begin sending out beta invitations? I remember usually being fairly early in the morning the day of launch.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually hoping to get a beta invite. Managed to get one for Heroes Alpha and the Hearthstone beta as well, also got one for WoD but that was from a giveaway on Facebook. Hoping to get to beta test this monster of a game!

I wonder if they'll bother with an NDA. If they're just flagging accounts, probably not. Has Blizzard ever done an NDA for their betas in recent memory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I remember. Mostly because their games are like 70% finished coming out of alpha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait so have these invites gone out yet or just for tomorrow?

From @BlizzardCS:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    @jonatha59011785 Invites have not yet gone out. Keep an eye on your email for updates, or contact your F&F Referrer. ^GX

From @BlizzardCS:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    @Rombaart The first wave of invites will go out tomorrow. We don't have a time frame. Follow @PlayOverwatch & the website for updates. ^JH
    The last reply was 6 hours ago, so presumably they mean tomorrow?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    Wait so have these invites gone out yet or just for tomorrow?
    Depends where you live I guess. European ones going out only in the evening
    https://twitter.com/OverwatchEU/stat...48551968452608

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I wonder if they'll bother with an NDA. If they're just flagging accounts, probably not. Has Blizzard ever done an NDA for their betas in recent memory?
    No, Heroes alpha was also available to stream, on twitter multiple people already talking about streaming it the moment the servers are live
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Not that I remember. Mostly because their games are like 70% finished coming out of alpha.
    more like 90% finished, then 95% finished when released, while the major bugs go unfixed for months during alpha/beta and the extra 5% are usually working cash shops