Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Have you ever found your job to be more fun than WoW?

I recently figured if I play too much and burn out, I may think of my job as something more enjoyable that gaming. That's quite ironic. Does anyone else feel that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    It has in the past, namely when I felt "compelled" to do dailies. Obviously that was entirely my choice, but I felt like I was missing out on improving my character if I didn't do it, and yes, it was less enjoyable and seemed to drag a lot more than my job.

Im in a part time job while being in a night college...

I f***ing hate my job...

But soon, ill be better off

Madness will consume you!!!

I can't unsub from my job, so I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I can't unsub from my job, so I don't know.
    Think your job as like wow tokens, you buy them with your free time and you get real money.

Deleted
    i've always enjoed more a job than playing wow , guess because works i got weren't daily chores infront of a pc that amount to nothing in the long run and dont entertain me

Once when we finished early and where asked to help with demolition... Some thing about smashing a wall down with a sledge hammer never gets old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    smashing a wall down with a sledge hammer never gets old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I recently figured if I play too much and burn out, I may think of my job as something more enjoyable that gaming. That's quite ironic. Does anyone else feel that way?
    Fucking hell. This is actually true.
    I've been with my current employer for 3 years already (I'm a proud jumper otherwise) and I'm staying in godawful city of London because this is where my job is.
    I could already be in Canada or Norway to try a different setting, but no, stinky crowded London it is, because my job is just so nice.

While WoW sucks huge fat brass monkey balls.

I don't work and I spend the same amount of time on a daily basis of one that who work on a daily basis. So I see WoW as my hobby/life/job but at the same time it's not a job for me because I am enjoying it a lot more than any job I could possible have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing the Garrison to shooting things with lasers, x-rays, ionising them in plasma and burning them, to flying UAVs, or just the opportunity to travel to places tourists just don't get to; then no. Science can be way more fun.

Yeah, but I enjoy my job so there are times I legitimately enjoy it more than most things going on in my life - in moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Right now, everything but cancer, aids and death is better than wow.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I currently get to work alongside a good friend. Being able to hang out and have fun at work with her exceeds WoW's fun currently. But then again hanging out with friends I often find more fun than Games I play a lot of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Right now, everything but cancer, aids and death is better than wow.
    God the over-exaggerations on this site are starting to become tiresome. Obviously if everything but those 3 things were better you wouldn't be spending time on this Forum complaining about WoW.

I am a postdoctoral biochemist who works on the structural and mechanistic basis of mitochondrial disorders. My job is way more fun than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I am a postdoctoral biochemist who works on the structural and mechanistic basis of mitochondrial disorders. My job is way more fun than WoW.
    In English my good doctor? does that mean we are all going to die from a cross between ebola and the flu?

Sometimes my work is very rewarding, so yes. (Programmer)
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    In English my good doctor? does that mean we are all going to die from a cross between ebola and the flu?
    I'm a PhD, not a medical doctor. So I can't help you there! Mitochondria are the small bodies inside cells that make energy. They contain a bunch of enzymes that work in sequence to convert glucose into ATP by transporting electrons to oxygen. Sometimes these enzymes go wrong, due to genetic disorders, and people get sick, or die, as a consequence. I study the structure and mechanism of some of these enzymes (cytochrome bc1, if you're really interested, google it) in order to understand the molecular basis of these disorders. So I get to do a lot of interesting spectroscopic work, fast enzyme kinetics and molecular biology.

Deleted
    I like my job more than wow. Don't play wow atm so of course.
    But if i would think about it when i did play i'd still enjoy my work more.

There is nothing better than going to work at 7 on morning and drinking a cup of coffee with ur friends and talking shit for 1 hour until starting to work and than talk shit and have fun all day together when working. Social life and work is life

Tho it's always a relife coming home behind computer, but not for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    fast enzyme kinetics and molecular biology.
    Molecular Biology, today's real men Lego's. I was studying Pancreas Cancer origins between 3 type of epithelial stem cell. I stopped at the beginning of my Doctorate. I had a different point of view as my boss at that time, had enough and quit. (and it turned out a few years later I was right, or closer to the truth then he was).

I now work as a boss in an Analytical Lab, testing cosmetic products. My job is a pain in the ass. Between coordinating other departments, dealing with my employees and taking care of most problems I can say it can drive someone crazy overtime. Its sometime frustrating, but my 12 hours shift goes really fast, and at the end of each day you feel like you've done some good in all this mess. I dont see much difference from when I was Guild Master and Raid Leader, minus the pay. (Im just a player now, retired from 6 years of RL/GM. I was calling it my 2nd job... I had given enough for the community)

WoW is now/still my escape. So of course I like it better then my job. I need to work, but I want to play WoW. Big difference there.