Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    was just curious why the term was being thrown around like there was some slang i didn't know
    ah my bad, thought you were just messing with him

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-to-death.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-chair-n443251

Protect and serve amiright?

I'm getting real fucking tired of cops thinking they're the ones being victimized. Much more oversight is still needed, and better vetting to not give psychotic monsters guns and authority. Our tax dollars at work...

The video is in both links.
    You do know that this is not the norm right? Only a small percentage of law enforcement personnel are responsible for what you see on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Which would make the jobs of the corrections officers even more difficult. >.>

On Topic: Good thing the video was filmed with the taser. Surprised these screw offs didn't find a way to destroy the evidence. More than likely like me they didn't know a taser could have a camera on it.

The folks that think this isnt a good idea usually have no problem letting some child molester get his punished from the crowd go figure

I got it! Crimstopper-stoppers! Offer gigantic rewards for officers who uncover shit like this!

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Everyone knows that most cops are good people, but they're is also a ludicrously high number of monsters like these wearing badges. That's a huge fucking problem. It took months to indict them, they were on the job the whole time, 9 of them are just being fired, and the rest aren't getting anything close to a murder charge.
    There are not a "ludicrously high number of monsters like these wearing badges." You should stop letting what makes it to the news shape your entire opinion of the law enforcement community.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    You do know that this is not the norm right? Only a small percentage of law enforcement personnel are responsible for what you see on the news.
    And an even smaller part of that group is actually getting to serve time for the CRIMES they do

Involuntary manslaughter? The fuck?

They torture a dude to death and all they get charged with is involuntary manslaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And an even smaller part of that group is actually getting to serve time for the CRIMES they do
    This is a very naive statement. There are far more factors in these cases than, "This looks like a crime so they should be put in jail." There is a reason we have the judicial system. It's so that mobs of angry people don't get to make decisions based solely on what they see on the news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Not sure why I'm bothering in such a hate-mongering thread but; not every police officer is a bad guy, most are not. Just like every black person isn't a criminal and every asian isnt a computer genius.
    This is true. It is also true that there is a problem with corruption in the police force.
    Too many examples where fellow police officers sworn to uphold the law instead are covering up for their fellows.
    It is disturbing, especially considering how much authority and power they are given.

Police have power over life and death. That needs to be fully accountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

This is a very naive statement. There are far more factors in these cases than, "This looks like a crime so they should be put in jail." There is a reason we have the judicial system. It's so that mobs of angry people don't get to make decisions based solely on what they see on the news.
    A judicial system that is calling this involuntary manslaughter.

If some random citizen did this, they'd call it murder and you'd be calling for them to be hung.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Involuntary manslaughter? The fuck?

They torture a dude to death and all they get charged with is involuntary manslaughter?
    Pull your head out of the sand. It comes down to what a prosecutor can prove in court given the evidence of the case. As some random person on the internet, you have no knowledge of the real facts of the case, nor do you seem to know what the differences are between manslaughter, and murder.

Pull your head out of the sand. It comes down to what a prosecutor can prove in court given the evidence of the case. As some random person on the internet, you have no knowledge of the real facts of the case, nor do you seem to know what the differences are between manslaughter, and murder.
    There is fucking video evidence. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    This is true. It is also true that there is a problem with corruption in the police force.
    Too many examples where fellow police officers sworn to uphold the law instead are covering up for their fellows.
    It is disturbing, especially considering how much authority and power they are given.

Police have power over life and death. That needs to be fully accountable.
    There are more than 1.2 million law enforcement persons in the United States. To imply that the incidences you see on the news represent a systemic problem is naive.

Everyone has power over life and death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There is fucking video evidence. Stop.
    And? How does that fact change anything that I said?

There are more than 1.2 million law enforcement persons in the United States. To imply that the incidences you see on the news represent a systemic problem is naive.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes that involuntary manslaughter charge a fucking insult to the family of the deceased.

He could have plugged him in the head and you'd be downplaying his crime.

A judicial system that is calling this involuntary manslaughter.

If some random citizen did this, they'd call it murder and you'd be calling for them to be hung.
    No, I'd call for justice, regardless of whether that means they are found guilty, or innocent. Unless you are intimately involved in the case, you're basing your whole opinion off of incomplete information. That doesn't serve anyone's best interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder how much police brutality happens in the US. I bet it is a lot more than a "few" bad cops. In my experience, they all seem to be a bunch of assholes.

It makes that involuntary manslaughter charge a fucking insult to the family of the deceased.

He could have plugged him in the head and you'd be downplaying his crime.
    I hope you never get on a jury because you've seen one story about this case and you've already decided all of the facts, including what you think the charge should be.

I'm not saying in this specific instance that they aren't guilty of something, but I certainly don't think I have anywhere near the required information to base a logical opinion on what actually happened. And guess what, neither do you.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "To Protect and Serve"

There should be NO percentage of law enforcement personnel on the news for any reason other than protecting and serving.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Power as in authority. Police are given deadly weapons and trained in their use.
    Fully authorized to use them if needed.
    Just because it's not a pandemic does not mean there isn't corruption.
    All police need to be held accountable to the same standards across the board.
    Handwaving away the problem because 'it's only a few bad apples' does not help in solving the issue with the bad apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

I hope you never get on a jury because you've seen one story about this case and you've already decided all of the facts, including what you think the charge should be.

I'm not saying in this specific instance that they aren't guilty of something, but I certainly don't think I have anywhere near the required information to base a logical opinion on what actually happened. And guess what, neither do you.
    Cops have it hard. You can't get mad when they do things like this.

That what you wanted?