evanese and mark of necromancer

does anyone know if evanesce forces the game to think mark has been removed (even if it wasnt) and splits the mark when the mage applies evanesce? TIA
    Last edited by morksdork; 2015-10-15 at 03:13 AM.

It doesn't remove it that I know of.

I use evanesce on that fight to immune reaps and drop them in the same spot every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YZY5sM1aO4 evidence

thnx. the mages in my group use it and there typically hadnt been an issue, that i noticed, with mark splitting when they evanese. evanese doesnt dispel the debuff from the mage. but on 1 attempt i noticed a new set of marks popped up exactly when they used it. i just thought maybe someone else had this issue pop up at some point or maybe had some insight. but if mages are not seeing an issue with evanese i guess ill have to find another culprit. i wish i could post the log/short clip of what im talking about but alas i dont have enough posts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morksdork View Post
    does anyone know if evanesce forces the game to think mark has been removed (even if it wasnt) and splits the mark when the mage applies evanesce? TIA
    Evanesce, Ice Block and Greater Invis don't remove MoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Evanesce, Ice Block and Greater Invis don't remove MoN.
    thnx for taking the time to reply to my question! However, as i mentioned, i said the marks were not dispelled by evanese when a new set of marks went out. the only commonality i saw the 2 times when new marks went out was that the mages used evanese on their red mark a few seconds before reap. i was asking if there were any other ppl noticing a new set of Marks going out when mages used evanese on their red Mark. i always thought that dia only cast mark once per cycle. can she cast more than 1 set of marks before reap?

i'll ask this question in the Raiding forum as this might not necessarily be a mage specific issue. is there any way for this post to be moved to the Raiding forums or will i need to start a new thread? thnx for your help
    Last edited by morksdork; 2015-10-15 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I use evanesce on that fight to immune reaps and drop them in the same spot every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YZY5sM1aO4 evidence

I thought you meant you remove them and I went what. You seem to mean you only avoid their ticks. That's a bit predictable but I guess useful.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-15 at 05:08 PM.