How many targets to start using Reapers Harvest for Unholy?

Just curious, just started playing my DK again and I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    Just curious, just started playing my DK again and I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere
    Depends on what other choices you have, for the bosses in HFC I'd use it for Hellfire High Council, Gorefiend, Shadow Lord Iskar and probably Mannoroth

Deleted
    I only really use it on Mythic Gorefiend.

A lot of it depends on your raids comp/dps. Adds now a days tend to die super fast making RH only viable on Gorfiend where adds and images tend to last a lot longer. If i remember correctly if RH *wandering Plague* makes up a certain percentage of your dmg then its worth taking it. Can't find the post for you though sorry. It could be 9% + but don't quote me on that, maybe some one else can confirm?

You want to average at least 11% of your damage being from RH to say it was 'worth' having it on.

It depends heavily on your raid comp where you will use it, and even more so on kill times, but if you take every fight from a progression PoV you could use it on:
    Assault
    Third boss (totally drawing a blank on his name sorry)
    Council
    Gorefiend - the staple fight for it
    Iskar
    Xhul
    Mannoroth
    Arch

So on a good deal of fights you can use it, but the faster you kill bosses the less likely it is to be worth it, with Gorefiend likely being the only boss that really sticks around as one to use it on during excessive farm. (Xhul and Arch maybe as well but really depends)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You want to average at least 11% of your damage being from RH to say it was 'worth' having it on.
    Are you sure about that 11%?
    Looking through my logs, the only Boss I ever surpass 11% with Wandering Plague is Gorefiend at 12%.
    Mythic Assault and Council are roughly 8%, Iskar about 9,5%. I still have heroic DC, and heroic Pebble at my disposal.
    (Using mythic Socket UeH together with RH), do you think it's better to swap RH on said fights for something else?
    (Current player progression is 9/13 because I had a month-long break from WoW, guild is 11/13 so we'll start with Mannoroth this sunday.)
    Last edited by Clayney0; 2015-10-16 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    Are you sure about that 11%?
    Looking through my logs, the only Boss I ever surpass 11% with Wandering Plague is Gorefiend at 12%.
    Mythic Assault and Council are roughly 8%, Iskar about 9,5%. I still have heroic DC, and heroic Pebble at my disposal.
    (Using mythic Socket UeH together with RH), do you think it's better to swap RH on said fights for something else?
    (Current player progression is 9/13 because I had a month-long break from WoW, guild is 11/13 so we'll start with Mannoroth this sunday.)
    Gorefiend I'm doing 11.8% with WP, 9% on Iskar (I didn't check this so now I'm guna switch it, was doing more on progression on him), Xhul so far it's doing 12.73% and I plan on using it on Mannoroth/Arch likely as well.
    Just seems like your raid vastly outgears it. I mean for Assault I just go Frost cus there's so much down time that the management of NP is well, useless since stuff dies too fast. Though yeah in general 11% is where you wana make the point of "okay it's worth or not worth using here". Likely if you can't hit 11%, it's cus your guild overgears stuff so stuff dies too fast for it.

I thought the threshold was 9%?

Deleted
    Reaper's Harvest is extremely poor on both Mannoroth and Archimonde. It contributes very little meaningful damage to Imps and Infernals/Void Stars, respectively, whilst mostly doing pad damage to Mannoroth's Infernals and the dogs on Archimonde.

Simply put, on the last two bosses, raids at current iLvl kill things too fast for Reaper's Harvest to be worthwhile, and the damage checks on P3 Infernals on Archimonde further disincentivize the trinket. DC/UeH will be better for both fights.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Reaper's Harvest is extremely poor on both Mannoroth and Archimonde. It contributes very little meaningful damage to Imps and Infernals/Void Stars, respectively, whilst mostly doing pad damage to Mannoroth's Infernals and the dogs on Archimonde.

Simply put, on the last two bosses, raids at current iLvl kill things too fast for Reaper's Harvest to be worthwhile, and the damage checks on P3 Infernals on Archimonde further disincentivize the trinket. DC/UeH will be better for both fights.
    100% agreed.
    Noblood US-Illidan Logs

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post

Guess it's a good thing it's clear I haven't gotten to those fights then, as I would find that out for myself once in on them ^^
    Also UeH is the trinket you should likely never swap out. So it replacing RH is a problem as is because of how strong it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobloodz View Post
    100% agreed.
    The thing with RH is that it's deceptive. I don't actually think there's a single fight in the instance where I genuinely think it's the way to go, because the damage it does is almost never useful damage. It might do a lot of damage, but that damage is almost always being done to targets that other specs and classes can kill more efficiently without equipping trinkets that are outright bad.

I mean, who cares if it does 10% of your damage on Iskar? The Outcasts are going to die no matter what you do, and I strongly doubt that you'd do more damage to the Phantasmal Resonance with NP and RH than you would with VoCS and BoS. Gorefiend is literally the only fight where I'd consider using it, and even then at this point in terms of iLvls I think you can get away with just BB'ing and playing BoS so long as you have a little bit of help from your raid.

Am i the only one who was really hyped for the class trinket, then super let down at just how bad they were for our class? FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbattygal View Post
    Am i the only one who was really hyped for the class trinket, then super let down at just how bad they were for our class? FeelsBadMan
    Nope, I felt really let down

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Third boss (totally drawing a blank on his name sorry)

Kromok? If you raid doesn't have a Warrior or a Warlock, then maybe. If not, then get 2 of each, lol.