Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I only mind long cc chains. RMD is so bloody scary when played by good players, I suffer mild heart attacks every setup :P.

On the other hand, on lower mmr cc is very much avoidable. If you are getting perma cc-ed, it's probably 30% other team's skill and 70% your poor positioning (or your teammates tunneling randomly in Africa forcing you to position poorly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I liked Wildstar's approach to CC where you were given a minigame to play during CC to get out sooner.
    Funny you should say that, I HAAAAAAATED Wildstar PvP. It's the main reason why I quit that game before even reaching max level. if you have .01s lag you're fucked. The aim to shoot is a fun mechanic on paper, and works with FPS games, but it just fails in MMO PvP.

With that said, I liked the PvE portion of it since the Mobs generally don't know how to juke or dive out of the way and aren't affected by server lag.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

CC is boring, if you can't play your character for an extending period of time then in my opinion you're not even playing the game, however without CC there would be no kills against healers because they're almost impossible to kill despite promises of smoother healing and less burst all that shit, game still relies around (and for the most part always will) ccing the healer, blowing cooldowns and bursting someone down, that converts to BGs because apparently everyone needs to have some form of CC so people don't feel left out of the novelty that is MMOPvP

15+ Year Old Account
    So the OP wants PvP to be people standing toe-to-toe performing their PvE rotations. K.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I completely agree with that. Not being able to play your character is not fun for anyone, especially in a game like this. I understand in a Moba where you have precious little stuns and knockbacks and you need to be able to use them very skillfully, but in this game some classes can literally just keep disrupting you every global. Its absurd, and one of two reasons I'll never consider pvp in this game competitive no matter how much money they throw into it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Without CC though the game would be determined by who presses their buttons first, and who has cooldowns available.
    It is easy to criticise CC if you don't want to consider the consequences of not having it.
    There are certainly improvements to be made, but outright removal is an approach too readily suggested by people who didn't think it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I don't think anyone is seriously asking for there to be NO CC. I think what most people want (regardless of their rating / pvp prowess) is for CC to be toned down further and/or simply for not every spec from one class be a practical mirror image as another. There's really no reason why every class/spec needs some sort of combination of a stun, a fear, a disorient, a silence, etc..

CC should be toned down a little, especially stuns.

With CCs like Fear, Polymorph and Cyclone you have a cast time, a chance of getting interrupted, and you need to stand still to cast it. These CCs also have some drawbacks to them
    Fear breaks very easily from damage, and an unlucky fear can fuck up a little for the warlock, like the enemy getting feared into LoS ( ). Affliction can only cast shadow spells, so an interrupt can lock them out for 3-6 secs
    Polymorph - a frost/fire mage don't suffer the same problem with lockouts, due to the different school, but Poly breaks on any damage, and also heals the target
    Cyclone - makes the target immune to damage/healing, and can't be dispelled.

So with these CCs you have a risk and a reward. But with stuns... More so the non-magical, long duration ones. The most frustrating thing is to be chain stunned without a trinket, and let's be fair, if you trinket the 1st stun, and still get 2 more stuns, it doesn't really feel like you've accomplished anything. It feels like stuns have very high reward and little risk, and they are all instant, except cap. totem, and that's not really problematic either, given the long CD.

My idea would be to grant stun immunity for say 15 secs after being stunned, regardless of the first stun's duration - Shadowfury or Hammer of Justice/whatever the 30 sec one is called.

I also think if I enjoyed arena, and did 3s against RMP/RMD, I would break my keyboard and punch my monitor. That has to be really, really frustrating. So ehm, I guess so much for that enjoyment Rogues definitly are the bad guys here, having almost not been touched by the CC pruning, and their CC being in different categories, and they really can lock a motherfucker down.

Just fuck stuns, really.