Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    82% is nearly 100%... ok.
    I don't understand why you put this? Could you please elaborate?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's because we are a nation of badasses.
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    The op got it wrong and he need to back the fuck off my toddlers. My toddlers were clearly defending themselves from the bad toddlers. If you disagree your a racist
    This is America. And in America everyone is free even the toddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't understand why you put this? Could you please elaborate?
    He's stating that toddlers only shoot themselves or others 82% of weeks in the US. This means only .8 shootings per week, not 1 shooting per week as the topic states. Therefore, not an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoover Hog View Post
    He's stating that toddlers only shoot themselves or others 82% of weeks in the US. This means only .8 shootings per week, not 1 shooting per week as the topic states. Therefore, not an issue.
    This is week 42 so it is actually more than 1 per week so far this year

But its 43 shootings so far in 2015 and the date of the article is 40.86 weeks into 2015, which is 1.05 shootings per week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Washington Post reports that 43 incidents of toddlers shooting themselves or someone else in 2015. When will the liberal media stop trying to restrict the rights of the toddler's 2nd Amendment rights?? If only we had a good toddler with a gun they would of stopped these bad toddlers with guns.
    These were probably planted by the liberal gun grabbers trying to take away us honest hard-working not on welfare liberal moochers to take away our guns from our hard-working not on liberal welfare toddlers!

Who's going to stand up to this liberal media smear campign against gun rights with me!

Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/w...ear/?tid=sm_tw
    It's almost like there are shitty parents out there or something.

Weird.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    But its 43 shootings so far in 2015 and the date of the article is 40.86 weeks into 2015, which is 1.05 shootings per week?
    I'm just stating where the logic for that response came from, not that it was correct.

Even the 1 per week is going to be an underestimate by the end of the year because there is a large spike in the numbers of accidental shooting deaths on Christmas every year.
    Last edited by Hoover Hog; 2015-10-15 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it to democrats to crack jokes over toddlers shooting themselves or friends due to irresponsible parents. Real classy, not like I expected any less from the MMO-C crowd though.

I don't understand why everyone is making the "haha look how good of a point we have regarding guns xD" joke, as pointed out earlier in the thread, there are tons of inanimate objects that kill babies, and way more often than guns. (eating laundry detergent packets, T.V.'s falling on them, etc.) and all because parents inadvertently allowed the child to get to them, how is this any different? Stricter access to laundry detergent and T.V.'s?

Why can't people separate their emotions from 1 inanimate mechanical device out of hundreds of thousands? Because you see them in war movies/TV all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure every single one of their parents are in jail for negligent homicide/injury.

Right guys?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    It's the parent's responsibility to ensure a weapon is secure in their home... it's not the government's.
    This. Though something tells me the same people who disagree and think this a gun issue are the people who don't believe in personal accountability and think its up to the government to solve all problems. You cant legislate stupid. I have two children. Neither of them have ever touched my guns, or could get to them if they even wanted to. You can get a cheap gun safe for like $30 buck that will solve the problem. Or store it somewhere a toddler can't reach. Apparently that concept is too difficult for some parents.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    This. Though something tells me the same people who disagree and think this a gun issue are the people who don't believe in personal accountability and think its up to the government to solve all problems. You cant legislate stupid. I have two children. Neither of them have ever touched my guns, or could get to them if they even wanted to. You can get a cheap gun safe for like $30 buck that will solve the problem. Or store it somewhere a toddler can't reach. Apparently that concept is too difficult for some parents.
    And yet these stupid people that can't understand the simplest concept of gun safety and have no personal accountability still have easy access to guns. Personally I'd love it if they weren't having children or buying guns, but one option seems slightly more reasonable to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by thabris View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is making the "haha look how good of a point we have regarding guns xD" joke, as pointed out earlier in the thread, there are tons of inanimate objects that kill babies, and way more often than guns. (eating laundry detergent packets, T.V.'s falling on them, etc.) and all because parents inadvertently allowed the child to get to them, how is this any different? Stricter access to laundry detergent and T.V.'s?

Why can't people separate their emotions from 1 inanimate mechanical device out of hundreds of thousands? Because you see them in war movies/TV all the time?
    To be fair, detergent has other functions other than killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Gun control is to ensure that, as far as is possible, only responsible gun owners get guns. Lots of people aren't responsible gun owners, so they're making the actual responsible ones look bad and getting lots of people killed in the process.
    Too bad we cant make it so only responsible people have kids. That would have a far better affect on society than gun control ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Too bad we cant make it so only responsible people have kids. That would have a far better affect on society than gun control ever could.
    Well a lot less goes into being a responsible gun owner than being a responsible parent, so that makes it much easier to legislate.

And yet these stupid people that can't understand the simplest concept of gun safety and have no personal accountability still have easy access to guns. Personally I'd love it if they weren't having children or buying guns, but one option seems slightly more reasonable to accomplish.
    Unfortunately you can't limit freedoms from people for simply being stupid. People here cry about requiring IDs to vote. You have to fail pretty bad at life to not have gotten some form of ID by the time you're into adult hood. You need for many other things.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So... euthanize babies is what I walked away thinking after reading this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Well a lot less goes into being a responsible gun owner than being a responsible parent, so that makes it much easier to legislate.
    Not really. Unless you want to impose a bunch of laws that basically impossible to enforce until it is too late.

I see math and reading isn't his best suit. The article is "so far in 2015" we haven't had 52 weeks yet. But I got the message. Not enough dead to matter.