Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

6.2.3 isn't just about getting subs back, it's about Blizz getting us to like them

As a few people have pointed out, 6.2.3 won't get subs back, it's a good patch in terms of rewards, but it has no content. It may somewhat stop the bleed, but it won't fix WoD's problems, it's too late for that.

But what it does seem to be doing, is improving Blizz image, a little.

Right now Blizz image when it comes to WoW is at its lowest. There's hardly anything positive said about WoD in the WoW community (which is made up almost entirely by that "vocal minority"). They can't add store mounts without backlash. Most interactions with devs are antagonistic.

This patch is Blizz's attempt at changing that. Better rewards, in-game rewards, stuff not actually going to the store, even though it was intended for the store. That's them trying to show they care, somewhat.

It seems to be working, to a certain extent. You can see it in some threads here, and some known WoW youtubers have already expressed how they like the patch.

Will it last? I don't know. It feels a little late, and in the grand-scheme of things, none of it is actual content.

I'd like them if they permanently stopped shoving mounts and pets in the store and just put them in the game for additional content. I'd like them if this situation wasn't just a "get out of jail" card but a real step in a more positive direction for the company. I'd like them if they realized they could have more profit by not losing subs to pissed off people because of them putting shit in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I'd like them if they permanently stopped shoving mounts and pets in the store and just put them in the game for additional content. I'd like them if this situation wasn't just a "get out of jail" card but a real step in a more positive direction for the company. I'd like them if they realized they could have more profit by not losing subs to pissed off people because of them putting shit in the store.
    I don't think they've lost millions of subscribers because of optional micro transactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    ... There's hardly anything positive said about WoD in the WoW community ... This patch is Blizz's attempt at changing that. Better rewards, in-game rewards, stuff not actually going to the store, even though it was intended for the store. That's them trying to show they care, somewhat.
    So they're trying to make the game better, good!
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I don't think they've lost millions of subscribers because of optional micro transactions.
    Me neither, but it's certainly one of the factors in them losing millions of subscribers. No point in ignoring that.

Maybe Blizzard has realized that they need their player base to like them if they want to successfully launch new franchises.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    It may come as a shock to some people here, but not everyone is in a personal relationship with Blizzard.

I don't think Blizzard have done anything ever other than try to make the game appealing to as many people as possible.

I may be a bit cynical when it comes to these things, but recently Blizz has not given me much of a reason not to be cynical. What ifLegion isn't as far along as they would like and this is a patch to soften that blow a bit?

I hope it isn't true. I guess we will find out at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    It may come as a shock to some people here, but not everyone is in a personal relationship with Blizzard.

I don't think Blizzard have done anything ever other than try to make the game appealing to as many people as possible.
    lol no, they do everything they can to make more money. They are not some kind of charity they are a company unfortunately.

Why stop with it, i have no problem with eye candy costing extra money

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    $25-$30 USD for a mount is not a micro transaction.

A micro transaction does not cost half of the base box cost, or 2x the monthly subscription fee.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Why stop with it, i have no problem with eye candy costing extra money
    Neither do i in the games that don't have subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly not enough for me to pay $15 or 30kg to get back in.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    30kg

hehe. kilo-gold. I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekal View Post
    So they're trying to make the game better, good!
    Yeah! They are. Although it's not a very high bar tbh.

nice. if they keep valor/upgrades/timewalking, 6.2.3 will be great stuff to do in 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    lol no, they do everything they can to make more money. They are not some kind of charity they are a company unfortunately.
    Time for you to grow up ... how is trying to make more money mutually exclusive with trying to make the game appealing to as many people as possible? It's the same thing.

@topic: of course they're trying to show that they're doing something. It's not like they've been trying to make you dislike them and show you how much they don't care up to now.

Or about testing reward structures for next xpac so they can take what they like.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They lose subs because of putting mounts in the store? How many mounts does one need? I, for one, would have no issue losing the sub of someone so unreasonable. If you stopped putting mounts in the store, today, a person like that would find another reason to go ballistic and unsub or threaten to. They are just an irrational breed.

On the other hand - does putting cosmetic content in the store show greed? Absolutely. No argument there. However, Perhaps it is better to not mistake Blizzard as a benevolent savior instead of a business with shareholders. You will save on blood pressure medicine, in the long run.

Are you seriously complaining about the store ? There is nearly 300 mounts and over 500 pets in the game and what 6 pets and like 10 mounts are to purchase ?? Give me a break