looking for a war guide of Hfc

hit here!!

have just returned after a break period and i wonder if someone has written a guide for fury war in HFC.

i mean which talents/trinket must be run for every boss....

thanks for the answers

ST= Empty Drinking Horn, Worldbreaker's Resolve, Storm Bolt, Bloodbath or Avatar, Anger Management or Siegebreaker
    (Note: some leeway on talents and your mileage may vary, generally the differences are extremely minor while using T18, so don't worry too much about it)

MT= Empty Drinking Horn, Worldbreaker's Resolve, Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Anger Management

HFA: MT, T17 if you have it, Fel Cleave trinket over Worldbreaker's Resolve, Rude Interruption

Iron Reaver: ST

Kormrok: MT, take Ravager over Anger Management, Storm Bolt over Dragon Roar

HHC: ST

Kilrogg: MT

Gorefiend: ST (or go Arms because it's much better at spirit duty), Glyph of the Executor

Iskar: MT, take Ravager over Anger Management

Socrethar: ST, Rude Interruption

Zakuun: ST

Xhul'horac: MT

Velhari: ST, Rude Interruption

Mannoroth: MT, Rude Interruption

Archimonde: MT

thanks a lot! especially on cleave fight (like archi or velaari) world breaker is not so good right? the problem is that i haven't the empty horn now..only the mithic brf one's, world breaker and the fel cleave..

I'm doing better dps on heroic Archimonde with SD than MT; 5k dps more.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    I'm doing better dps on heroic Archimonde with SD than MT; 5k dps more.
    It depends partially on the difficulty, I was thinking about a Mythic perspective.

Still, on Heroic, running MT is still technically the highest DPS, but the majority of that comes from Bladestorming the big pack of adds that comes during Phase 2, which isn't very conductive to actually ending the encounter. If your group has a lot of passive cleave, or you are struggling to meet the single target check, then going full ST is certainly viable. Results, as always, will vary slightly depending on your particular situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    thanks a lot! especially on cleave fight (like archi or velaari) world breaker is not so good right? the problem is that i haven't the empty horn now..only the mithic brf one's, world breaker and the fel cleave..
    Not really, you just need to understand when you should and shouldn't target swap, to manage your stacks appropriately. Warrior's can easily stay on one target and cleave another via Bladestorm and Meat Cleaver, without a huge loss (since the majority of the damage comes from the cleaved RB). I know, a lot of people will tell you that you need to target swap... and that's true for a raid full of DPS, but as an individual you really don't. A lot of raid leaders on Velhari like to "juggle" their DPS and call for damage on Velhari, then the add, then Velhari, then kill the add, then back to Velhari; which is just a waste no matter how you look at it. If asked, simply explain how the trinket works, and let the raid compensate; I can guarantee you won't see a noticeable difference. Trust me, I've had to go through this every time a RL has decided the whole raid should pot at 50%, and I have to explain what a ridiculous waste that is while playing Arms (or any Warrior spec for that matter).

Or if you are really concerned about it, just play Arms as it's pretty much better in every regard for those fights.

Remember that resetting stacks a couple times due to fight mechanics (Iron Reaver air mode, Kilrogg phases, Kormrok soaking) really isn't a big deal; the only fight in which Worldbreaker's is truly terrible is HFA, because you are constantly changing targets.

ok! so with archimonde is betetr to keep baldestorm/dragon roar/anger management?

because in the void phase i have no burst for single target

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    ok! so with archimonde is betetr to keep baldestorm/dragon roar/anger management?

because in the void phase i have no burst for single target
    You're not really going to have any burst anyways. Warrior's just don't bring that anymore.

If you're working on progression, I suggest Arms. It's simply easier and you don't have to juggle Worldbreaker stacks, or figure out reck reduction timings. Fury is competitive, but only if it gets nice fat Bladestorms on everything, especially the phase 2 adds, which strictly speaking isn't very conductive to ending the fight. That's something you do on farm for fun.

If you are set on playing Fury, you can always spec single target. I can't tell you off the top of my head how competitive it would be (ranking wise) but assuming you have no problems with add management, it will be better priority damage and help you actually kill the boss.

That's just kind of how Fury is. Bladestorm is an excellent tool on a fight like Mannoroth or Kormrok, if you can convince the rest of your guild that the raid will gain a substantial DPS increase by having their cleave DPS swap to pure single target. If your Warlocks are dead set on playing Demo for big AoE numbers (which most are) your raid is simply being run inefficiently, and you might as well sit for a better ST class.

To put it more succinctly: A Demo Lock and a Fury Warrior will do roughly the same amount of AoE damage via Cataclysm and Bladestorm. However, the Warrior loses very little single target to do so (as opposed to taking Bloodbath/Avatar), whereas the Demo Lock gains a significant amount of Single Target damage by swapping to Affliction. A smart raid would recognize this, and have the Warrior handle adds while the rest of the raid destroys the boss.

This is a common mistake in many raid groups: you only need enough damage to kill the target. 2 Warriors, 2 Demo Locks, 2 Shaman and 3 Combat Rogues is a ridiculous amount of wasted DPS.

This is why I've said time and again, that Worldbreaker's really isn't as bad for Fury on add fights as people think, because you rarely actually need to swap. If the (Archimonde, Kilrogg, Mannoroth) add dies without you needing to hard swap to it, there's no reason to hard swap to it and reset your stacks. As long as it dies before the cutoff (time in which it would kill the tank/wipe the raid), killing it 10 seconds faster by hard swapping isn't going to make the least bit of difference.

Hey, I've been a bit inactive on the forum lately, but I have my suggestions for all HFC encounters in my guide at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-by-Boss-Guide
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by fuguki View Post
    Hey, I've been a bit inactive on the forum lately, but I have my suggestions for all HFC encounters in my guide at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-by-Boss-Guide
    Not for nothing, as I know you put a lot of work into your post, but he did ask specifically for Fury advice, and you suggest Arms for 10 out of 13 fights. Regardless as to which is actually (or perceived to be) better, it's not quite what the OP asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not for nothing, as I know you put a lot of work into your post, but he did ask specifically for Fury advice, and you suggest Arms for 10 out of 13 fights. Regardless as to which is actually (or perceived to be) better, it's not quite what the OP asked for.
    Damn I missed a word there in his post. However, it's never too late to see the light that is arms!
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Deleted
    the light that is arms!
    I smiled

However, it's never too late to see the light that arms should be!
    Fixed that for you

(Sorry for OT but Archi explained everything in the first post anyway.)

I actually thought Arch was talking about EDH for arms, I was like, "EDH is not viable for arms bro" then I realized, oh.... it's fury.

Be specific on your title, OP, it was very misleading

for fury, I have Mythic Unending Hunger, should I use it over Heroic Empty Drinking Horn?

Quote Originally Posted by Gromholl View Post
    for fury, I have Mythic Unending Hunger, should I use it over Heroic Empty Drinking Horn?
    No. /10char

Thank you again Archimtiros.

Deleted
    Should i stick to fury on all fights ? Currently jumping between arms/ fury depending on aoe or single target. Not sure which is best for each fight.

For progress you should definitely switch between the two if you want to be optimal. Something like this should be good:
    Assault: Fury
    Reaver: Fury/Arms
    Kormrok: Fury
    Council: Arms
    Kilrog: Arms
    Gorefiend: Arms
    Iskar: Fury/Arms
    Socrethar: Arms
    Zakuun: Arms/Fury
    Xhul: Arms/Fury
    Velhari: Arms
    Mannoroth: Fury
    Archimonde: Arms

On the fights where I wrote both it will mostly depend on what your job is and what gear you have. For example if your guild needs more AoE to kill off the imps on Xhul, go Fury, otherwise go Arms for more boss damage.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

There seems to be a number of these threads available. You can check out the one over on Icy Veins as well that has recently been updated (finally). Overall, though, it comes down to what you want to play. Me, personally? I prefer the playstyle of Arms over that of Fury. Yes, I realize Fury is competitive in the higher item levels, but I enjoy Arms so I play it. So my advice, in the long run, is to play the spec you prefer / enjoy and make the most of it.

Besides. . . Arms can be viable at times. =D

Deleted
    Ty mates. I like both arms and fury. I find arms is easier to play.