Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont think Legion leveling trinkets are that big of a deal ...

especially when they are anti-demon, which means they wont even have much use post-Legion where I assume there wont be that many demons everywhere

Deleted
    is there weekly valor cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I dont think Legion leveling trinkets are that big of a deal ...

especially when they are anti-demon, which means they wont even have much use post-Legion where I assume there wont be that many demons everywhere
    Which is kind of the point. They're going to be ok/good for leveling 100-110. Other then that, you won't get to get much use out of them.

These are the WoD equivalent to the SoO weapons. Handy to have while leveling 90-100, but not awesome, and useless after.

Eventually, these trinket will become unobtainable (I suspect). Blizzard is not going to make unobtainable stuff so good it'll be close to 'mandatory'. Garrosh's weapons are only moderately better than the original heirloom weapons, mostly because of the sockets.

It says you get 100 valor for the heroic dungeon - is that the "daily" heroic, so you can only earn that valor once per day, or can it be farmed??

I have 0 experience in mythic dungeons, how bad are they compared to a normal/heroic? My toons are decently geared, most are around HFC LFR, maybe slightly more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post
    It says you get 100 valor for the heroic dungeon - is that the "daily" heroic, so you can only earn that valor once per day, or can it be farmed??

I have 0 experience in mythic dungeons, how bad are they compared to a normal/heroic? My toons are decently geared, most are around HFC LFR, maybe slightly more.
    Mythic Dungeons are slightly harder than Lower Normal HFC in my opinion!

They need to make valor earned through raiding too...Even if it's only on heroic and mythic. Even if it's just 75-80% of the total cap. I do not want to have to run a daily heroic or mythic dungeons to maximize my Valor as a raider on my main. Now my alts, I have ZERO problem grinding that stuff as they need gear anyways. But my main no thanks.

I was so thankful when they got rid of item upgrades via valor points, and now they decide to bring it back.
    Unless we can get valor points from non-lfr raiding as well, I don't think being semi-forced into doing dungeons/lfr every week by the raid (because you will be if you're in one still trying to progress) is anything fun.
    Everything else look solid, looking forward to the new timewalking mount.
    I wonder whether the quest drop for the moose will drop for everyone in the raid or just one per kill though (properly just one per kill, and I probably won't be able to get it with my shitty dice, a shame).

Deleted
    Is there a Valor cap and can you cap it by just running heroic or mythic dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post

When they launched, I found them to be a little bit...wonky. Probably easy as shit now that I'm heroic HFC geared, but in heroic BRF gear everything seemed to do a little bit too much damage. Very good for raid awareness training for new players I'd say. The problem kind of stems from them ramping up the numbers massively for mechanics that were designed to be dealt with, but not deadly. Like the spinning hammers in Iron Docks, they do damage instantly before you have a chance to move out, which is fine on heroic because they don't do very much damage, on mythic they shave 3/4s of your health off instantly. You've got more leeway in raids than you do with a lot of the mythic dungeon mechanics.

Skyreach was pretty brutal too for single target healers just because aoe damage is so high and often.

Definitely a desperation patch to keep numbers,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    When they launched, I found them to be a little bit...wonky. Probably easy as shit now that I'm heroic HFC geared, but in heroic BRF gear everything seemed to do a little bit too much damage. Very good for raid awareness training for new players I'd say. The problem kind of stems from them ramping up the numbers massively for mechanics that were designed to be dealt with, but not deadly. Like the spinning hammers in Iron Docks, they do damage instantly before you have a chance to move out, which is fine on heroic because they don't do very much damage, on mythic they shave 3/4s of your health off instantly. You've got more leeway in raids than you do with a lot of the mythic dungeon mechanics.

Skyreach was pretty brutal too for single target healers just because aoe damage is so high and often.

its almost as if they want you to use CC or something, to counter the high Damage......

nah :P its called mythic so we must be able to just zerg, ignore mechs, and not cc even at only 670ilvl! NP!

<3

- - - Updated - - -

The Wod Mythics are a huge disappointment anyway, literally ramped up damage and HP from CM mode, honestly, if you turn off combat text and damage meters your just doing CM's again... the copy paste content

would be nice if more then 30min was spent making this mythic dungeon content when its just a copy paste job again, like adding a mechanic or 2 to bosses, making trash worth CCing (TBC dungeons forced you to CC because the trash there CC'ed you back.)
    (LOL healer sheeped / silenced, or *tank dissorient-> group dies as tank has zero threat while disorient)

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, they really ought to remove the crafted items limit, and allow them to be valor upgradeable (it seems as though they are not right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Executer View Post
    ye, keep going with your absurd posts dude

btw, the Timewalking mount is awesome, i want it!
    lol, I haven't posted on here in a while. I see the subs and the give-a-fuck have dropped so far only the Blizzard Babby Defense Force is left.

So I can't upgrade my BiS BRF trinkets? Lame

So 800 ilvl will be....normal dungeon~ ilvl? That's how it was with the MoP Heirlooms, right? 620?

Uhhhhh, but upgrading gear isn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codegen View Post
    is there weekly valor cap?
    I hope not, it would solve the most annoying problem involved with upgrading a piece of gear which is then having a better piece drop soon after invalidating the upgrade.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Yep, there is a cap on the PTR. Subject to change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post

Yep, there is a cap on the PTR. Subject to change of course.
    Valor Points != Valor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    So does that mean there won't be a cap or...?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity