Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never brought any of that bullshit, never will, over priced and full of shit.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I upgraded to the 6s plus last night from my 5. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Its fucking huge though. I really don't understand the need to upgrade each year, I'm happy with every 2 or 3.

A bit of a story from my experience at the apple shop. Last night I went to pick the phone up, I was waiting to speak to the apple rep when a father and son (about 11-12 years old) came up to wait next to me. After about a minute the Apple employee finished up and asks "who's next?". I'm never in much of a rush but was expecting the father to acknowledge I'd been waiting longer. Before he does, his son jumps in and screams "WE WERE NEXT!" US! US! ". I was a bit shocked but didn't think it was really worth calling him out, I just gave the dad a bit of a funny look. The dad starts to tell them what they wanted. "We're looking at getting the iphone 6". The son jumps in screaming "THE 6S, THE 6S, HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, I'LL FUCKING HIT YOU NEXT TIME!" and starts bumping and pushing his father around the store. I look at the Dad's face and its already covering in fresh cuts and his eye is only half open (the cuts still with stitches in it). I look at the apple staff member (who handled the situation pretty well) and we both just give each other this horrified look.

The apple person walks off to grab the phone and the father walks directly up to my face, I start to worry a little, he then looks at me with the saddest face and says, "I'm really sorry mate, my son is autistic. He gets really worked up about this sort of stuff."

I really felt bad for the guy. When his son get a little older and stronger, he's going to be so hard to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    No, Apple hasnt made a new product since Jobs died that is worth a shit.

I'm a former Apple store employee.
    I think it's funny that Apple is making a Stylus to go with the new iPad Pro.

Anyone who knows why that's funny is awesome in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I don't own a single one. When people lost their shit about iPods I was till using my 40gb Sony MP3 player, when people lost their shit about macbooks, I was using my HP convertible with windows, because it ran all the science and tech applications, when people were crazy about the iPad I was just flipping the screen on my HP convertible and when people started whoreshiping (sic!) their iPhone I was waiting 5 years and got one from samsung where I can easily write some trash apps for myself

Deleted
    Never owned an apple product.

Someone explain what i can do on it that i cant do on other gadgets and ill buy one.

In the meantime, my other gadgets do more than what any apple product can.

I upgrade when my shit is just too old or breaks (and is out of warranty of course).

I don't need it, but i can afford it so why not. I actually just made an appointment and got mine on day one without much waiting.

I hate Apple and the overpriced shit they sell. The value is low in comparison to alternatives on the market for nearly everything they make, I don't understand the sheeple mentality that surrounds that company. Also Steve Jobs was a total dick.

The fact that our culture glorifies Apple products and Jobs makes me sad. Apple is like the Blizzard Entertainment of tech products--they innovate nothing but they make it look unique from other products on the market and therefore people think it has a greater value.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    If you update you current IPhone/IPad too far it will slow down and the battery life will diminish.

And that's intentional.

Apple intentionally ruins its older devices through the coding in each newer version of iOS.

They want you to think your device has just reached the end of its life so you'll go out and buy a new one.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, its documented fact.

Fuck Apple.
    I have always found it funny how the people that rail against "big business" and "evil corporations" love Apple products. Apple is the "big business" and "evil corporation." They sell you the same overpriced product with a slight upgrade, over and over again. Best part is: they make it in sweatshops in which workers have killed themselves because conditions are so bad..... You go Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I hate Apple and the overpriced shit they sell. The value is low in comparison to alternatives on the market for nearly everything they make, I don't understand the sheeple mentality that surrounds that company. Also Steve Jobs was a total dick.

The fact that our culture glorifies Apple products and Jobs makes me sad. Apple is like the Blizzard Entertainment of tech products--they innovate nothing but they make it look unique from other products on the market and therefore people think it has a greater value.
    That was surprisingly direct of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Jobs was a total douche. To understand the mentality, you have to understand that Apple is a master at branding. They have convinced the sheeple that they are not the "big corporation" (despite their obvious size, global reach and profits), they are about empowering you and your creativity (hahaha). An Apple product is also a status symbol. As in "I can buy an really overpriced product and not really care....."

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    If you update you current IPhone/IPad too far it will slow down and the battery life will diminish.

And that's intentional.

Apple intentionally ruins its older devices through the coding in each newer version of iOS.

They want you to think your device has just reached the end of its life so you'll go out and buy a new one.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, its documented fact.

Fuck Apple.
    I'm going to have to ask for the source code of two revisions you are inferring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have my 4s and i use it everyday and have done since i got it, so no :P

Not even on contract so it's only cost me like £10 in the past 6 months as i use wifi/ imesage/ facetime for everything :s

Price/performance wise it's been great.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2015-10-17 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe, but if they actually have good prices or if my carried had offers. Sadly they don't because the iPhone fans are so happy to spend as much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a MacBook Air with HD screen and Skylake I5/I7 CPU and I am waiting for one... shoot me?

In before a bunch of people who care what others do with their money appear.

Not really, but many can upgrade easily. Without standing in line or queuing.

To get the iPhone 6s all we had to do was pre-order it via T-Mobile and they either send it over 2-3 days post-launch or we could just go to a store and pick up the phone. No fuss or charge via T-Mo's Jump! upgrade plan that allows us to upgrade to any phone every 6 months. So it's costs like nothing to upgrade.

My husband uses an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. I use a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus having upgraded from my Note 4 to Galaxy S6 Edge. I paid $149 for the upgrade from Note 4 to S6 Edge. Paid $129 to go from S6 Edge to Plus variant.

Tablet-wise, I love my iPad. That thing has been a media playback beast for years now. Upgrading to the iPad Pro soon-ish, and while not necessary, is certainly nice. Like the phones mentioned above, this will cost me nothing really. Just an easy trade-in upgrade.

That's the long and short of it. It is not necessary to stand in line and foam at the mouth over an i-Product. And a lot of people don't have to pay full retail for the devices either.

Deleted
    No, I prefer Android phones.

The only Apple products I use are iMacs. I don't feel like spending 2k euro every couple of years on computers that offer nothing other than slight performance boost compared to previous model.

15+ Year Old Account
    *pats his Gear S and laugh at iWatch that cant be used for calls*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I would like a MacBook Air with HD screen and Skylake I5/I7 CPU and I am waiting for one... shoot me?

I care.

For the simple fact that consumerism affects society.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Most people who cry about Macs have never owned one. For a top of the line SSD and screen, $2500 isn't bad for a notebook--and especially one with such strict quality control as Apple.