Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Overly difficult to rate any form of entertainment when it's mostly subjective. That and how does one compare games from a different genre? Would be like comparing a Nissan SUV to a Harley bike.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point in even adding on to the OT argument?
    Someone said console gaming is cheaper. It's not. You can game on PC and spend but a few euros.

CSGO, DotA, HOTS, TF2, LoL are all titles that you can play for free ( except CSGO which is 10$/5$ depending on sales ) and can keep you occupied for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Someone said console gaming is cheaper. It's not. You can game on PC and spend but a few euros.

CSGO, DotA, HOTS, TF2, LoL are all titles that you can play for free ( except CSGO which is 10$/5$ depending on sales ) and can keep you occupied for years.
    Just because you don't like the F2P games on consoles doesn't mean that they are bad, because they're not. Also, like I said before you get 2 to 6 games for free every month on console. So you can play a console without having to buy games as well considering they give you more games than you can reasonably beat before the next wave comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Just because you don't like the F2P games on consoles doesn't mean that they are bad, because they're not. Also, like I said before you get 2 to 6 games for free every month on console. So you can play a console without having to buy games as well considering they give you more games than you can reasonably beat before the next wave comes out.
    Shall we compare the amount of people playing the PC titles with those playing the PS4 titles?

Shall we compare the amount of people playing the PC titles with those playing the PS4 titles?
    My god enough already. PC has it's fair share of f2p games, so does PS4. You saying they suck is your subjective opinion. Why can't you seem to grasp that some enjoy playing their games on pc and others ps4 or whatever other console they own?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-10-21 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    My god enough already. PC has it's fair share of f2p games, so does PS4. You saying they suck is your subjective opinion. Why can't you seem to grasp that some enjoy playing their games on pc and others ps4 or whatever other console they own?
    Except that's not what I'm arguing at all. I'm arguing against the urban myth that PC gaming is more expensive.

Except that's not what I'm arguing at all. I'm arguing against the urban myth that PC gaming is more expensive.
    Well depends how much you spend on either. Here a ps4 with Destiny for example is around £329. I think my build cost around £500-600 at the time since it was a while back. Personally I don't think there is a £330 build that could run AAA games but just my 2 cents on that one since builds aren't my strong point. If you want factor in buying games as well but idk.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-10-21 at 01:10 PM.

Personally I don't think there is a £330 build that could run AAA games
    Again you are assuming you start from scratch. Most people already have a PC and only need to upgrade a few parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pat, a mod has already told you to drop it. We've been trying to move on and you keep bringing it back up. If you care that much then start a thread about it.

I will say this: It is definitely a misconception that you have to spend 1000-2000 dollars on a PC to be able to run most PC games. It is not a misconception that consoles are more accessible since you know that they'll work for the rest of the console generation. Also PCs may cost you less over the long run but that isn't the issue. 1000 dollars up front is more difficult to come up with than 1000 dollars over 5 years.

they included TF2 but no the original?? typical IGN stupidity

The top 2 games they listed were literally the first 2 games I ever played!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I will say this: It is definitely a misconception that you have to spend 1000-2000 dollars on a PC to be able to run most PC games. It is not a misconception that consoles are more accessible since you know that they'll work for the rest of the console generation. Also PCs may cost you less over the long run but that isn't the issue. 1000 dollars up front is more difficult to come up with than 1000 dollars over 5 years.
    Yes, that is the main advantage of consoles: PS4, say, is the only current PS-console out there, and you definitely know that developers have to adjust the games they release for this particular console, so you can be sure that you will be able to play anything released, at least, before the next console release on this one.
    Another advantage as I see it is ease of use: with consoles, you literally just plug and play. With PC, even after you are done installing a game, you usually have to adjust all the settings for the best performance/quality ratio, set up hotkeys... Minor thing for me, but might be a deal breaker for someone who doesn't want to spend a single second of the time allocated for gaming on anything but gaming.

That said, if you buy older and used PCs, you might end up in the same range of sums. Just recently I was in a computer repair center, and there were a few used PC cases sold. One of them costed $200, and, according to the config (I don't remember it now, sadly), it was a mid-high range PC in 2010. A mid-high range 2010 PC will allow you to play virtually all modern games, at least, on lowest settings (maybe with exception of a few especially heavy games, such as Witcher 3). It is probably faster than PS4, or, at least, on the same performance level. So, for $200 you can get more than or as much as you get for $400 buying PS4. Yes, again, on PS4 you will be able to play anything released before PS5 release. But then, you can buy another used PC for $200 in, say, 2019. You will have spent the same total amount of $400, while ending up with a much faster configuration, able to play anything in higher fidelity than on PS4.

Now, I am not saying that PC gaming is "cheaper", as this is a very special and, I might say, nitpicked example. But in terms of value/price ratio, consoles seem to be worse to me than PCs, if you know what you're buying and don't mind looking at some used equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    What I thought made SMB3 amazing was the level designs. There wasn't a level I didn't like, I thought it was amazing for its time.
    Eh, I disliked the entire end of the game basically. Granted, it is subjective, but I just find it a huge stretch to say it was "100 times better" for reasons that barely exist.

Well, unless you liked autoscroll levels, I think SMB3 had a lot more than World did.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    they included TF2 but no the original?? typical IGN stupidity
    People actually liked the original Team Fortress...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Eh, I disliked the entire end of the game basically. Granted, it is subjective, but I just find it a huge stretch to say it was "100 times better" for reasons that barely exist.
    Oh well I think most Mario games are within the same realm of each other quality wise, each one has had their own unique charm that changes with each game.

The 100 times better thing is a bit ridiculous, I agree.

I love mega man 2, but mega man 3 was better.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN's Game Scoop podcast released a list of 37 extra games that were just shy of making the cut for Top 100

Dragon Age: Origins
    Silent Hill
    Assassin's Creed II
    Super Meat Boy
    ActRaiser
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Mega Man 3
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Batman: Arkham City
    Dwarf Fortress
    Herzog Zwei
    Rome: Total War
    Sid Meier's Civilization II
    Star Wars: Rogue Leader
    The Curse of Monkey Island
    Vagrant Story
    Ys Book I and II
    Braid
    Robotron 2084
    Bionic Commando
    Cave Story
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Guitar Hero
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Secret of Mana
    Star Fox 64
    Tecmo Super Bowl
    Warcraft 3
    Soulcalibur
    Ninja Gaiden Black
    Geometry Wars
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog CD
    Dragon Quest V
    Mario Kart 64
    Left 4 Dead 2

10+ Year Old Account
    So umm... no Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, or Sly Cooper on there... okay. I get that they may not be SUPER iconic like some of the other games, but please some of these games I've never even heard of.

Metal Gear Solid not in top 20, your list is invalid.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    When they start putting way too many of a series so close together is defeats the point.