Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    They supposedly eliminate eyestrain over long play periods by filtering out certain wavelengths. Really, they are just niche items.
    as someone that sits at a PC for 12 hr shifts for work, they work wonders.... I ordered a pair as a deal of the day, and never looked back, got a second pair for at home use. I don't use them as much at home but i'm not reading as much text at home either vs work. I can vouch for them making a difference though. (also if you don't need a prescription the cost is reasonable)

That said it is a odd move, musta been a big pay increase or something behind the scenes.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

G-Ms Appearing in Game
    This is a request we see crop-up from time to time. While I do appreciate that it sounds cool for a Game Master (GM) to appear in a capital city and spawn something, this would also be a very disruptive event that could ruin the gameplay experience for others. It would also somehwat break the immersion of the game if Hydross, for example, suddenly appeared in Stormwind. There is also only a finite amount of times such an event can be done before it starts being perceived as an annoyance, or loses its significance.

This is why such events are normally used to celebrate the end of Beta and the shut-down of the Beta servers; a fun once-off event that doesn't affect the live Realms in any form, but signifies the destruction of the Beta world and makes for some cool videos and screenshots. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This is so sad, that either

A) blizzard is clueless, anyone I talk to have either experienced it, or heard of it and its all positive, not just spawning something in the city but in random places (theres a cracking ICC 10 video where a gm appears) they could do loads of fun stuff,
    B) The player base have become boring little shits if they don't enjoy something like that, I mean look c'mon how many people waste time in cities it'd be something different

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    All true, but you have to consider the type of people that are drawn to this website. For example, the #gamergate thread has been reopened multiple times even after long periods of inactivity and inappropriate comments which would cause any other thread to be permanently closed. It is still used regularly to attack female game developers, often about their physical appearance and sexual activity.

Again, these are the type of people who have been drawn to this website, so of course you're going to hear a lot of whining and crying here when Blizzard brings in someone like Wil Wheaton for Blizzcon. I have a feeling the actual crowd attending will be more supportive and inclusive in general.
    The majority of people is neutral in the GG issue or has not even heard of it. The majority will be supportive, not because they have an opionion, but precisely because they have none. That is a not even an argument.

Funny how you bring up the GG thread and the misbehaviour of individuals in that thread, whose allegiances or motives are most often anyones guess. Surely their behaviour is an issue, but here is the kicker: No one who shitposted there is invited to host a contest show at blizzcon, riding the waves of their controversy. But when it comes to Wheatons actual, verifiable statements and actions you deny, deflect and misdirect.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    All true, but you have to consider the type of people that are drawn to this website. For example, the #gamergate thread has been reopened multiple times even after long periods of inactivity and inappropriate comments which would cause any other thread to be permanently closed. It is still used regularly to attack female game developers, often about their physical appearance and sexual activity.

Again, these are the type of people who have been drawn to this website, so of course you're going to hear a lot of whining and crying here when Blizzard brings in someone like Wil Wheaton for Blizzcon. I have a feeling the actual crowd attending will be more supportive and inclusive in general.
    I would suspect a large majority of the attendees have no clue what gamergate is beyond a vague reference or two - and more importantly, don't care. Gamergate is not mainstream, it's a toxic subset of gaming most people are ignorant of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I would suspect a large majority of the attendees have no clue what gamergate is beyond a vague reference or two - and more importantly, don't care. Gamergate is not mainstream, it's a toxic subset of gaming most people are ignorant of.
    The large majority of people attending are mostly geeks. Of course they know about GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if their stream will actually function properly this year. 3rd time's the charm, right?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Wonder if their stream will actually function properly this year. 3rd time's the charm, right?
    I never had any issues last year. Maybe during the opening ceremony the play button kept popping up out of nowhere but that turned out to be browser related.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    So, yeah... I've decided that I'm spending about 100$ on this gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guys it's simple. Don't watch the contests if you have that big an issue with Wil Wheaton.
    woooahh

mind blown

Deleted
    wow that girl is fugly

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Yup doesn't matter who it is, you look a cock wearing that crap.

Deleted
    Gunnars are a sham product.

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler who compares an iPhone with a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Crithto left Blizzard to be the community and communications manager for... a glasses company.

wow Crithto.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Personally I don't understand gaming glasses. How do they help you with playing video games?
    Not only to play but to do everything else.
    http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Glasses_of_Nerdicon

Quote Originally Posted by Testaxc View Post
    The large majority of people attending are mostly geeks. Of course they know about GG.
    I wouldn't assume that, at all. You have no basis to even begin to claim that.

Wil Wheaton at Blizzcon? Well I think I'll pass buying an online pass this year then. Will catch up on youtube and skip everything involving him.

really he left for that??? they must have payed him well or soon will for that move lol!
    Last edited by mike2014; 2015-10-19 at 05:00 PM.