Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    That is not the original claim. At all. It's a goalpost movement of cosmic size.

If you want to use "cultural racism" go ahead.
    People use those kind of words to mean things entirely disconnected with the original word all the time:
    Alternative medicine: non scientific, not medicine
    e-sports: competitive computer games, not sports
    organic democracy: a dictatorship, not democracy
    cultural racism: you do the math.

And Bart De Wever commented on Moroccan Berbers (specifically that they don't have an attitude of work seeking). Not on Muslims. Not religion.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-10-18 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    We are the human race, any other usage of race in connection to humans is wrong.

Based on what? Just curious, since you seem to believe that you know better than the entire medical community. Which is a tad hilarious, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm not one of those crazy Far Lefts, but wouldn't it just be a little, slightly more better you know, modifying our concept of race to be well...a little bit more accurate...? I mean the concept of race we created is really kind of archaic and doesn't really do biological human diversity any sort of favor and we already know that the constructed social concepts of race we use are well... not really real in a biological sense, of course this doesn't neccessarily rule out the concept of races existing in some shape in humanity. I'm simply saying if it's possible to try to redefine race.
    Our natural defense mechanisms unconsciously look for danger everywhere and try to set a pattern, as an early recognition of a situation where you are in danger might mean the difference between life and death. Unfortunately in today's society there are certain coincidences that automatically turn us racist, as most people in the western societies believe that black people are more prone to commiting crime or that arab-looking people tend to be terrorists or muslim extremists. While people sort of got over the black people thing, we're a long way from going away from the arab-muslim issue, as with a quick sweep on youtube you see a lot of clips of that sort of people yelling "allahu akhbar" like it's supposed to be a rock band and they're all there for the concert.

Here are some ideas to help you out, not much but still: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...judging-people

Oh and for the differences in "races" yes there are even medical differences, different normal values in blood tests and sometimes different medication for the same illnesses, and even different illnesses all-around. The best example that i like is that most black women don't get osteoporosis as they naturally have high-levels of testosterone compensating.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2015-10-18 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    lol

Please do tell which exact science is involved with the definition of words.

Language is a social construct.
    Racial classification is scientifically documented and categorised. Biology and sub branches keep extensive records of all known life and their origins.

It is ignorance and naiveity to this process that causes most debates on these forums.

People like yourself use local cultural definition to put their points across instead of using the global generic language of classification.

Local definitions are meaningless in logical communication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    We are the human race, any other usage of race in connection to humans is wrong.
    Yes, we can globally be described as humans.

Yes, we all share a common ancestor.

We even share a common ancestor to a worm and even a flower.

No, we all did not go through the same evolutionary modifications.

No, we do not all possess the same traits.

No, we are not all the same.

Yes, we can sub-group the human races based on shared traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Well the terms we use like black, white, asian, people of color, they're not really representative of human diversity. I mean if you look at any continent, there are different populations with different minor deviations from one another. So instead of calling a black man black, you could call him a Bantu or Anglo-Bantu (Black Americans). I'm not sure how we could do it, but it doesn't seem like an impossible task.
    I would gladly take a label redefinition with something else than appearance.
    Actually that's what an intelligent person is already supposed to do.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2015-10-18 at 04:36 PM.

Is this an american thing? Not many people care about this around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Is this an american thing? Not many people care about this around the world.
    In Europe I know it's way less important, yes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't skin color even labelled as race on the US ID card ?
    edit : I'm wrong. There's not even a national ID card. (I feel dumb and ignorant now ^^). But I thought I saw it on some sort of ID card anyway. Can't remember where.
    edit 2 : seems like it's on Singapore ID cards aswell (not skin color though).
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2015-10-18 at 04:51 PM.