Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Do you support Anita Sarkeesian views on video games?

Anita Sarkeesian is the most famous feminist online owns women vs tropes. Her YT video channel is feministfrequency. Do you support her views of video games?

Even her apprentices spread her work through video games and some people have even been labeled as "big time trolls" for doing so such as Nnox on game "SWTOR" and "Amy"

EDIT: Leave the poor girl alone! Harassment needs to end for her! http://femfreq.tumblr.com/post/10931...ent-on-twitter

EDIT: Thank you for keeping this civilized.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2015-10-17 at 09:48 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Not watching 34mins to give an opinion.

In real life I can have women as a reward if Im famous, or have money.

I would say that her views on video games are as tangential to reality as the opinion of a typical anti-GMO advocate's opinions on GMOs, or anti-vaxxers opinions on vaccines. These ideas don't stem from any sort of rational analysis, but from strong feelings coupled with rationalizations.

So, no.

No.

Sure, it would be swell to have more games that deviate from the whole trope thing, but the trope itself shouldn't have to be destroyed completely.

Oh yea, I remember this person. She caused a ruckus over a Kickstarter for her video channel a year or so ago. I didn't keep up with the news following the KS controversy.

I watched a few of her videos and thought they were reasonably well written, eloquent and intelligent. That isn't to say I agreed with all her points in these videos. But all that I watched were well presented views points from a majorly Feminist perspective on media.

I have no major issue with the channel or videos I have seen produced by her. She's cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    I don't believe we should censor art because someone might find it offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

Some yes, some no.

Deleted
    Not really. She twists and turns things far too much and sees the worst in everything without ever acknowledging that there's more to it or that she could be wrong.

I find some games sexist anyway and oversexualization can be really dull. But that's about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't support her puritanical ideology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I would say that her views on video games are as tangential to reality as the opinion of a typical anti-GMO advocate's opinions on GMOs, or anti-vaxxers opinions on vaccines. These ideas don't stem from any sort of rational analysis, but from strong feelings coupled with rationalizations.

So, no.
    Yeah that's what I wanted to say too.

Sorry but Sarkeesian is an idiot. She just basically conned a ton of people out of money saying she plays games when she used other people's gameplay footage to prove her point on things. There are literally thousands of videos that disprove her views easily and why she shouldn't be able to say anything about games.

Can't we just stop giving her attention? I know it's hard, but we already tried playing her theme-song backwards and it did not help, this is the only reasonable way to deal with her that we have left :/.

No, she's a scam artist who lies through her teeths, she only like to critique media for clicks and money while being a puppet on strings for Mcintosh, all while she refuse to take criticism back and block/calls for censorship on anyone who does, i pray for the day where she finally fucks off.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Her belief is that video game tropes have negative effects on women in real life. Now I will say that more complex story telling in video games are a good thing, but to say they affect real life is absurd. Her and Mcintosh are con artists anyway.

Deleted
    Not only are her "views" on video games entirely based on her on her own personal world-view, she is also a blatant conartist.
    I can't think of any logical, rational or ethical reasons to support her in any way. In contrast, I actually think she should be tried in court for scamming people.

No, she cherry picks a lot on the issues she talks about. She's very un-scientific (to be fair, she isn't a scientist either I believe), and I don't like that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2015-10-17 at 06:52 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be nice to have more diversity when it comes to objectification in video games. But really, you do see more diversity in a lot of games once you look outside the scope of games meant to appeal to a neanderthalic audience - say, GW2, for example. So her complaint has more to do with cherrypicking than reality, I would say.

If I knew who she was I'd be able to give an opinion but tbh from what I've heard I'm gonna have to say no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    I don't believe we should censor art because someone might find it offensive.
    Indeed. If one finds art insufficiently reflecting something, one should create what one wants, rather than censor what everyone else does or wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember supporting any of her opinions, tbh.