Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Radical Buddhism

I grow tired of these crazy radical monotheistic religions. So I have the best idea, we shall start a radical Buddhist movement. Give yourself up to Eastern philosophies, become a Buddhist monk, show compassion and a will to always learn about the world and to better yourself.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop it!

You're making the montheists uncomfortable.

Wayy head of you motherfucker, though "radical budhhist" is an oxymoron.

There's been plenty of violence in the name of Buddhism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Personally, I don't really need any particular philosophy to not attack people. I just don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the only religion that I don't wish it and all its followers would be wiped off this Earth.

I find it interesting when people know nothing about radical Buddhist.

You've had your radical Buddhists killing others for political reasons and claiming it didn't go against their religion.

Oh no doubt people have died under Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism and maybe even Shintoism...still take it than radical monotheistic religions, too popularly violent and especially annoying.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, I conceptually LIKE Buddhists, I just have a completely different world view.

Deleted
    You should try a radical Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Probably the only religion that I don't wish it and all its followers would be wiped off this Earth.
    This sounds like a lot more appalling view than anything I've encountered from the perfectly lovely Mormons and Christians that I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    You should try a radical Celtic.
    Weren't Celts a civilisation? Don't think you can singularly be a radical civilization...

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Oh no doubt people have died under Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism and maybe even Shintoism...still take it than radical monotheistic religions, too popularly violent and especially annoying.
    I suppose we're not supposed to argue religions, but as an atheist with no real stake in any of this, the religion that I have the most respect for is probably Judaism. There sure have been a lot of really productive Jews in the last century, relative to the total population of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I suppose we're not supposed to argue religions, but as an atheist with no real stake in any of this, the religion that I have the most respect for is probably Judaism. There sure have been a lot of really productive Jews in the last century, relative to the total population of people.
    Yeah, I also never got why almost everybody blames them for shit. It gets kind of annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Hehe Buddhism is just as violent as most other religions just look at what happen in tibet pre 1950 it isnt pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I grow tired of these crazy radical monotheistic religions. So I have the best idea, we shall start a radical Buddhist movement. Give yourself up to Eastern philosophies, become a Buddhist monk, show compassion and a will to always learn about the world and to better yourself.
    That's essentially what all buddhism is about, there's not really anything radical about it...

Deleted
    There's been lots of militant Buddhists, anyone who thinks "Eastern religions" are more peaceful is ignorant.

A part of me still thinks whenever I hear "Radical ____" is just some individual from that group doing like a sweet fuckin' ollie or rail slide on a skateboard in their religious garb.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Same. Yet I've come across atheists that hate Jews over everything. If I HAD to choose a way of life by religion, I'd become a Jew.

There's been plenty of violence in the name of Buddhism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Personally, I don't really need any particular philosophy to not attack people. I just don't.
    Yeah, isn't there something going on in myanmar right now with buddhists and muslims. The muslims are losing, very compassionate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Same. Yet I've come across atheists that hate Jews over everything. If I HAD to choose a way of life by religion, I'd become a Jew.
    Although Zionist terrorism was the main form of terrorism in the US in the early 20th century.

Jewish terrorists was also responsible for 20 attacks in the US in the 1980s.

Fun fact - there have been more attacks by Jewish terrorists in the US than Islamic.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-10-17 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Karma is my religion