Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Yeah no, I'm sorry but one thing is medium done and another is eating raw meat as they expect you to eat it, that is plain stupid, even a monkey could serve you a raw piece of meat.

Now, well done as of completely done, I agree it loses it's grace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ketchup goes well with steak, just as it is a great sauce for making pizza.

Lets see how many cooks I triggered. D:
    And pasta.

*grabs popcorn and waits for some Italian to pass by and read it*

I like my steak well-done, even slightly charred I guess you could say. I only broil or grill ribeyes or filets though so they are tender still, any other steak I will put in the crock pot or grind up for hamburger meat.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    That's really tacky what the journalist did in this video. What can be done days, weeks, months, or years after you got a bad steak and then left a restaurant without telling anyone at the time about the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    A good chef knows how to cook a well done steak. They still need to be juicy.

If it is DRY then that means the chef fucked up the cooking on the steak and should not charge you for it or at least make you a new one.
    Indeed.
    Ordering rare steak is just inviting the cook to be lazy, if you want if they are any good have them bing a well done one.
    Those at least require attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Just to add on... I have all kinds of unorthodox techniques that I can't actually use in a restaurant because of equipment limitations.
    Not really.
    It is just needs an (extra) step in the oven.
    And a lot of attention.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2015-10-19 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That's really tacky what the journalist did in this video. What can be done days, weeks, months, or years after you got a bad steak and then left a restaurant without telling anyone at the time about the problem?
    The guy may have asked for extra well done and burnt. Without any context its simply an over cooked steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The guy may have asked for extra well done and burnt. Without any context its simply an over cooked steak.
    Yeah he could've and that's why he didn't complain to the restaurant. Which is how you resolve this problem rather than showing the owner pictures some time after you dined. Medium and well done don't use thick cuts like that. So right off the bat that is the first fuck up the cook made. If use a thick cut that steak in the video is what you end up with. Still tacky what the journalist did and most food critics won't order a well done anyway lol.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2015-10-19 at 08:00 AM.