Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Arabic is the worst language on this planet. Sounds like they will kill eachother anytime and if you translate they just talk about their little daughter.
    Scary not same as Ugly.
    Same thing with German language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Aww It's sad to read so many people badmouthing my beautiful language, when there's dozens of uglier ones, even in Europe. In my opinion anyone further east from France shouldn't be able to comment on language ugliness.
    Disney even elected the portuguese (EU) doubled versions of their movies as being the closest when we compare to the original

PT-EU Lion King

ON-TOPIC

The language that most annoys me, is that language from namíbia were they mix words with clicks... Damn, that's so weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't care if this has been posted or not. It's worth re-posting.
    ---
    It's a German video playing with stereotypes and therefore are exaggerating though, they should have made it clear at the end of the video. Obviously nobody talks German way in that way, especially since German has quite a few main dialect lines.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spanish and russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallidyne View Post
    One million

Not as big as the same word in other languages
    Yes, one letter less than in German ("eine Million"), but one letter longer than in some other languages ("un million", French).

And the real tricky thing: Nowadays English uses the short scale, so it runs out of numerals before languages using the long scale (like German, French,...) do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Obviously nobody talks German way in that way, especially since German has quite a few main dialect lines.
    One of them being English

Arabic and Chinese for my part.

Deleted
    - Spoken Chinese (ironically I am actually studying this language for the sake of my partner who is of Chinese descent. I won't pretend I'm overly fond of learning it!), written Chinese is in its own right an art form. -1 +1
    - Written Welsh. Looks utterly ridiculous but is actually a nice sounding language when spoken/sung. -1 +1
    - Most Slavic languages are very "meh" sounding to me. Cyrillic is the ugliest alphabet in existence, bar none, but its impact and style makes it pretty cool. -1 +1
    - French when it's spoken. Way too nasally. They have some great words though. -1 +1
    - Japanese. Far easier to listen to than Chinese, but it's just way too soft for my liking. -1 +1
    - Arabic when spoken. Just sounds too aggressive like German - has no poetic sounding elements. Its written form is STUNNING though, I have to admit. -1 +1
    - Korean. Just very dull to my ears. Good practical alphabet system though... -1 +1

All the above languages have their upsides and downsides, but they're the ones I single out because none of the other languages (and language groups) bother me quite like these do in one way or another. Add the only truly ugly language that I cannot stand?

English.

Why..? "Samey".

I don't like arabic. It has guttural sounds and many times they just stop mid sentence. It is very non fluid.

As a Dutchman, I'd say Dutch. Terrible language; Flemish is awesome though.
    I actually like German; when you visit the country you'll notice the language is much less harsh than people make it out to be.

From the nordic languages I like Danish the most. Their pronounciation is much clearer, hence making Danish much easier for me to understand than Norwegian or Swedish. Also Danes use a lot of German words I think, which helps.

Polish written language frightens me

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Objective cobol
    Whitespace or brainfuck.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    English, because at least 50 % of this langage is from Old and modern french... prononcé horriblement by unéducated paisants.

Exemple LANGAGE.... not langOOage, and all those adverbes with always one fucking letter différent from French.... like made apropos

English isn't anglo saxon anymore, the anglo saxon english is dead in the 12th century, death by Anglo-French... time to get yo ass in Le véritable dimension.

Hate to say it, but French sucks and its an ugly language. Definitely not the "language of love" or whatever the hell people like to label it. It does seem that you are especially butthurt about English stealing your thunder and making it the dominant language of the planet.
    "I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    A blood elf druid is a night elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    French. God damn French.

On the other hand Estonian sounds pretty good.
    Hahaha. Coming from a finn it can only be a compliment. Finnish has to be the weirdest and most ugly european language

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The language that most annoys me, is that language from namíbia were they mix words with clicks... Damn, that's so weird.
    You mean Geonosian?

Cambodian would be one of my choices.

I wonder where people can hear Russian to make their opinion on it...

Chinese.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Have you ever played CS:GO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Any "road rage compilation" on Youtube has a plenty. And yes, CS too. Or this.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Spoken: French, can't stand it.
    Sung: Dutch, even tho I live in the Netherlands I absolutely hate hearing the native tongue being sung, folk music in particular makes me feel physically sick after being exposed to it for 20min to the point that I feel like I have to throw up.
    Written: Finnish, looks like someone made ants run through ink and then over paper.