Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoTLK model for sure, you had different themes and a mixture between big raids and smaller sized ones.

Also diggin' the 10+ bosses model for major patches.

I liked 10 man heroic/mythic raiding the most. It let me know all the raiders on the roster more personally. Not to mention was much easier logistical. Both these things made progress fun even when wipe all night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smaller raids.

Smaller raids work better with the group finder model, as you'll be able to set up groups and be able to tackle the content you want without having to devote crushing amounts of time to it.

Blizzard's insistence on sticking all thirteen bosses in a raid tier into the same instance and in a relatively linear pattern causes issues.

Those issues are people joining up and being unable to stay for the full duration, or some people desiring a boss that is skippable but a lot of others would prefer to skip.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2015-10-19 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 25 man size, I think its the perfect raid size, 40 was fun but it was a pain in the ass to manage.

I think TBC did the raiding formula the best, where they opened with a 10 man to get you into raiding before throwing you into a 25 man. That format I always liked.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think TBC did the raiding formula the best, where they opened with a 10 man to get you into raiding before throwing you into a 25 man. That format I always liked.

TBC was easy when everyone had entry gear. The problem was that in later tiers it forced people to raid old tiers for gear and atunements if only 1 or 2 members were replaced. That made it effectively in theory very easy mode compared to current Mythic but in practice a clusterfuck to manage.

When you only had to clear one difficulty and getting to the end boss and killing it could take months I preferred the raid model with a large number of bosses.

Since you nowadays have to clear and farm the instance twice no matter which end difficulty above LFR you pick I prefer smaller ones. Clear the raid fast on heroic so you can move on to the actual endgame.

Depends what part of the expansion we're in. I quite like how WoD has been split up, same with MoP (though MoP had too much too quickly in the first tier).

Tier 1 = Multiple raids with 6-10 bosses.
    Tier 2 = One raid, 10-12+ bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the way that Blizzard has gone since Mists of Pandaria. Their is an introduction raid for the hardcore raiders without any tier gear and then soon after another raid as the main first tier, then two (hopefully three) raids afterwards throughout the expansion.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Medium sized raids, 4-6 good bosses and then smaller raids with just a boss or two like Ruby Sanctum... plus some dungeons.

Smaller raids.

HFC as an example was pretty much designed as 2 raids, all of the bosses downstairs leading up to gorefiend is easily a single raid unto itself. Upstairs leading up to mannoroth is yet another raid. and then archie as a bonus.

I think highmaul sized raids are healthier for the game, smaller and more frequent patch cycles are always better received by gaming communities than large slow patch cycles. Smaller raids also benefit the casual / pug community way more as it makes it easier to bang out a whole zone when which only happens to be a small handful of bosses. Wotlk is a great example of that.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Gruul's Lair BC and IC from Wrath were the best. You have a short "Get that fucker" raid and then the "holy shit, this... this is going to require an army" raid in getting Lichy McKingsauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    8-12 simple bosses with tight tuning like old ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlorik View Post
    Blizzard has implemented 2 basic size structures for their raids. Either large raids with 12+ bosses, or multiple smaller raids (with or without them being slowly released over time.) Which do you prefer?

Does it matter at which point in the expansion we are in? For example do you prefer multiple smaller raids at the beginning but a single large one at the end, or does it not matter at all?

EDIT: This was supposed to be a poll....not sure what I did wrong (I thought it takes you to the poll creation screen when you click submit)
    I prefer somewhat smaller raids... I think 6-8 bosses is just about perfect.

1 main tier raid per patch with a few 1-2 boss raids for off-pieces/trinkets. New dungeons don't hurt each patch, wither.

I like how HFC was done, as said above each floor is almost like it's own raid. I also liked how the upper floor gave you a choice of which boss to do first.

Personally I wouldn't mind two mid size raids in one tier. I liked the option of doing raid A or B.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlorik View Post
    Blizzard has implemented 2 basic size structures for their raids. Either large raids with 12+ bosses, or multiple smaller raids (with or without them being slowly released over time.) Which do you prefer?

Does it matter at which point in the expansion we are in? For example do you prefer multiple smaller raids at the beginning but a single large one at the end, or does it not matter at all?

EDIT: This was supposed to be a poll....not sure what I did wrong (I thought it takes you to the poll creation screen when you click submit)
    flex. they have the technology. everything should be flex 10-30.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15 sounds great, oh wait that's like every flex group...

Both.

Smaller, more pug-friendly raids on the first tier at least. HM+BRF was not horrible, as they're medium sized but they weren't released at the same time, and BRF was winged, but something like MoP Terracex4, HoFx6, Vaultsx6 (perhaps a bit more spaced out like WoD) is ideal for a first tier imo.

A big, epic raid for the big bad boss of the xpac in the final tier. Although still winged like BRF, or with portals after X kills like HFC, methinks. That way better/faster guilds can do all and get gear faster, while slower/time-limited guilds can start skipping bosses after they don't need gear anymore to have more time for progression.

I like variety.

I like smaller raids with 4-6 bosses (like SSC, TK, TotFW bla bla), i like boss-in-a-box raids like Gruul, Magtheridon, Onyxia, etc... and i also like the massive 10-14 boss raids like SoO, Throne of Thunder, Black Temple, etc.

So yea, variety is key.

Variety.

My favorite tiers were t8 (Ulduar, single 14 boss raid) and T11 (BWD/BoT/ToT4W, 6/5/2)

The quality of the raid content is more important. Also, the environment itself in the raid should have some variety. I'm kind of tired of the whole "Siege of Orgimmar" then "Red Siege of Orgrimmar" (BRF) followed by "Green Siege of Orgimmar" (HFC)

I think if they were to settle on a single format moving forward (they won't) they should do a 8-10 boss raid with two small (1-2 boss) raids on the side, making for 10-14 boss tiers.