Thread: Male Privilege?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I am me not you View Post
    In what ways is it easier to be a man? What advantages do men get compared to women in life?
    Strength
    Aggression
    Ability to admire, not envy others of the same sex
    Decisiveness
    Drive
    And my favorite - going into auto pilot while doing mundane work

Strength is the biggest one, its what generally keeps you from being a victim by the actions of other people.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    - People don't send me dick pics
    ugh speak for yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Strength
    Aggression
    Ability to admire, not envy others of the same sex
    Decisiveness
    Drive
    And my favorite - going into auto pilot while doing mundane work

Strength is the biggest one, its what generally keeps you from being a victim by the actions of other people.
    Women don't have aggression? Men don't have envy of other, more successful or attractive men? Women aren't decisive? Or as driven?

Seems like all of the reasons people in the first world declare men are better are just them projecting their insecurities onto the entire society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Modern feminism and its terminology pretty much just comes from discredited paranoid marxist theories from the 1970s.
    1970..... Glad I am not living in the same universe as yours.

http://www.lepetitjuriste.fr/wp-cont...l-constit2.jpg

http://www.carnavalet.paris.fr/sites...?itok=6Po6zj81

http://www.lepoint.fr/images/2013/10...pg_1824651.jpg

Do I need to explain what is '' La statue de la liberté '' ?

1970 ahahahaha.....

Ma white french masle privilèges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I feel so bad for you. Did i mention the x4 higher suicide rate and less funding for cancer and lower life expectancy? You can keep the "being taken more seriously at work" thing if i can have all of the non-death-getting.
    This high suicide rate is because of the male gender role having high pressure to succeed in life and compete with other men. It can suck being a man too. That is why sexism and gender roles are shit and should be fixed.

Male privilege isn't some kind of conspiracy, it's just the observation that we collectively as a society tend to prefer one gender over the other in varying degrees in different situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Only what nature gave us.

Deleted
    Quotes from: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...efit-whiteness

Fighting anti-Semitism means fighting the concept of “Jewish privilege.” But the way to do that is not by casting American Jews today as a severely marginalized caste.

Countering “Jewish privilege” with claims of Jewish under-privilege only invites—and rightly so—accusations of obliviousness and of not seeing the bigger picture of what’s happening in this country.

I am not trying to silence anyone through privilege-accusation, or, as Mandel puts it, offering “bumper-sticker slogans to be deployed as trump cards.” I just think that, strategically and morally, such obliviousness damages our cause.

What American Jews have to deal with these days, in terms of anti-Semitism, isn’t racial or religious marginalization, so much as a continued ideology fixated on the idea that Jews control everything.

it's my understanding there are pros and cons on both sides of the table

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    how dare you be reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    how dare you be reasonable
    I agree. How dare he be so unreasonably reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nymz View Post
    Male privilege isn't some kind of conspiracy, it's just the observation that we collectively as a society tend to prefer one gender over the other in varying degrees in different situations.
    well then, in the west, NAME ONE.
    Because for every one, i can give you five that women have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Being taken more seriously in your job or professional opinions, tends to be a thing.
    taking your job more serious as a man Is a thing.
    You don't get told to go to the kitchen
    No, i just get told to do all the 'Laboring' stuff - Like, Mow the lawn, build the terrace, tile the bathroom, change the tires, and more.
    But golly, someone expecting you do make some food - The patriarchy!
    and make a sandwich all the time or have guys making related jokes on TS 24/7 forever and ever and ever.
    Oh the fragile flowers - We should keep them away from society to safeguard them against male expression.
    - You do get that this is one of the most regressive ideas out there? It does not differ at all from its regard to womens sensibilities from a 100 years ago - Or right today in the Muslim world.

We age better, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The whole "male privilege" is nonsense.
    Anyways, what advantages they have? Greater physical strenght and less emotional stuff to deal with, for one thing.
    Men are just as emotional, it just showing emotions is not manly and stuff. Which is one of the reasons why men and mental health care are not the best buds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    /facepalm

Some of you guys take this all way too seriously.
    there are people who get degrees in this shit - It is serious
    I seriously question all this 'outrage against feminism' when you guys are able to recite the name of every single female feminist activist, while I never even heard of such people.
    No i can recite the idiots who spew idiocy - That you defend them, That is the problem.
    Besides, I'm not a feminist, nor did I ever study or look into social studies that examine what subtle or strong advantages men might have over men.
    permit me to laugh.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It simply doesn't exist in the western world. It absolutely does in other parts of the world and across history but even then, I'd argue that the life of men was more open but more shitty rather than simply better.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    well then, in the west, NAME ONE.
    Because for every one, i can give you five that women have.
    I did not say women do not have any advantages over men. But they are often based on sex, looks or sexism. You can make the longest list in the world if you want, it doesn't matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    - I'm not scared to walk home alone
    - I'm stronger/faster, which is nice
    - People don't send me dick pics
    - I can write things in the snow with pee
    All of these things arent male exclusive. As for the two first, it's a matter of mind, not a matter of gender. I teach the girls that i train to be strong of will and body, just as i do with my male students. The only real diffrence is that when they run/sprint/dance/jump/summon Satan with a shoelace and a bit of plastic, some girls find it hurtful due to bustsize, which is more a small/large bust issue than a male/female one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Men are just as emotional, it just showing emotions is not manly and stuff. Which is one of the reasons why men and mental health care are not the best buds.
    I was kinda implying that men don't have to deal with periods, with the 'less emotional stuff to deal with'. Anyways, I do believe women are atleast slightly more emotional. Male and female hormones have kinda different effects ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.