Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    If I ever go to the UK, I'm staying with you. I have a crippling fear that someone will force me to drink nasty leaf-water.
    Putin khuliyo

Since germany isnt rly well known for its technology and engineering i was asked by some american if we got electricity or know whats a washingmachine is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Since germany isnt rly well known for its technology and engineering i was asked by some american if we got electricity or know whats a washingmachine is.
    Germany? Home of Siemens? Germany is renowned for their engineering and technology!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Can't really blame people for whatever summarized version of the world they have. Although, browsing a travel website can go a long way to avoid embarrassing questions.

15+ Year Old Account
    "do you have camels here?" >.> <.< ... and he asked us this right in middle of highway traffic.

I usually ask americans if the whole political thing in the US is as bad as this forum makes it out to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Oi, mate. Blhrg urgh eh ah erd ha?

After researching some I believe he was from England and had a Geordie accent. No idea what he said but it sounded stupid enough for me to become uncomfortable and walk away.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    "do you have camels here?" >.> <.< ... and he asked us this right in middle of highway traffic.
    Yeah, but you could ask me "do you have horses here" in the middle of highway traffic, and the answer would be "yeah, lots of them."

"Oh your from new york, so you must live near central park?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Germany not well known for its technology and engineering?

Next you'll tell me they're not well known for their beer.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    "Is London near here?"
    Of course it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    "Oh your from new york, so you must live near central park?"
    Always used to get "OH! do you go to TRL?!" My friend from Syracuse (7 hours from NYC) and I (from Buffalo, 9 hours from NYC) would always get a nice chuckle out of that. "Yeah, we've actually had lunch in the same restaurant as Carson Daly like... feels like almost once a week" lol NY State =/= New York City
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    "Do you drink tea every meal"
    "No I hate tea"
    "But aren't you English?" -confused look-

Oh and

"Is London near here?"
    From an American standpoint, there's nowhere in the UK that isn't near London. The kingdom is smaller than California. Almost half the size.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, but you could ask me "do you have horses here" in the middle of highway traffic, and the answer would be "yeah, lots of them."
    well from the way he was asking it he was implicating that we ride camels on a daily basis. I blame the media for always portraying us as rural people living in mud huts and drinking goat milk...and fk those film makers who try to paint us in that image just to win some stupid international prize.

Deleted
    Where are all the people?

German exchange student ~10 years ago sitting on his high horse:

He: -Do you guys know what is CD player?
    Me: - No, sorry............. we don't use those anymore, i have only a DvD player with USB plug and Pendrive

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've gotten that a few times. To be fair, a lot of people do carry guns here, but you're very unlikely to get shot unless you do something really stupid.
    And quite frankly, how would they know this?

For most other first world nations(or even 3rd world nations with gun bans), they absolutely don't even have to fear guns at all, at least from other citizens. The fact that there are non-zero trigger happy sociopaths with almost unbridled access to firearms, is terrifying even if the chance of getting shot is "small".

Going from absolute zero chance to a small chance, is comparatively a huge difference.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Being a new zealander, i always get asked if i knew peter andre. considereing he's australian as well.

Not personal experience, but I heard about some tourists complaining about the midnight sun being the same sun they had always seen..
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

When I went to Colombia, many nice people I spoke with said they were terrified to go to the U.S. due to violence and asked many questions such as, "How many murders have you seen?" Not necessarily a 'dumb' question, but certainly enlightening.

Too many to mention, it's amazing how ignorant the rest of the world is when it comes to knowing anything about the US. They watch too much TV and think thats how we all are.