15+ Year Old Account

Jumping back onto Old toon question (i have trouble)

Is there anyone out there that has a hard time jumping back onto a toon they havent played in awhile?

For me, like if I've been away from a wow, or any game, or if I just haven't played a certain one of my toons in awhile, jumping back onto it and trying to relearn or remember how to play it is a very unpleasant experience for me.

I had been playing an Orc DK for the past few months. But my first level 100 was a prot warrior. i haven't played him in a very long time, but felt like playing a warrior again. Knowing that I would have trouble getting back into him because it had been so long, i decided to try anyways. Well, after running around my garrison for like 5 minutes I logged off and just decided to roll another warrior. I hate relearning from the top down, and would rather learn from the bottom up, usually no matter how long it takes. I to this in EQ2, SWTOR and WoW since these are the MMO's I rotate around every few months.

ANyways, all that to say, is there anyone else out there like this? Sometimes I feel it wastes a lot of time, but at the same time its how I like to play.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Get on your prot warrior, grind mobs just to get a feel of the spells again. First do offensive spells, then as you get more confident, pull more and more mobs to test out your defensive capabilities. Then progress to normal (if you feel that you're not THAT ready yet) dungeons, then do heroics.

Deleted
    i know that feeling. i got so much used to the super convenient Hunter playstyle that i have a pretty hard time to go back to my other toons and play them as well. specially my melee chars (warrior, dk, rogue) feel so much more work to play. Another point also is i am honestly not the most skilled player, better than average but also not top end for sure. my gear is also far from perfect because i am simply not playing all the time because i get bored out too often (so ie. i still have no 4 set bonus or legendary ring what is a very relevant dps issue). So the only way to be at least somewhat competitive and useful for at least normal mode raiding is to stick to one class that i am well familiar with and got my best set of gear on.

Deleted
    1) Press 'P' for spellbook -> 'Core Abilities' tab for your spec.
    2) Drag all those icons into your bar
    3) ....do stuff
    4)...
    5)...
    6) Add more stuff from spellbook if needed, or read a guide about the details or watch some youtube

For normal questing etc steps 1-5 are more than enough. If you want to raid, add step 6)

I am comfortable on 10/11 of my toons. I bind similar abilities to the same keys to make it easy. The only toon that's really rough for me to get back into is my DK...

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    1) Press 'P' for spellbook -> 'Core Abilities' tab for your spec.
    2) Drag all those icons into your bar
    3) ....do stuff
    4)...
    5)...
    6) Add more stuff from spellbook if needed, or read a guide about the details or watch some youtube

For normal questing etc steps 1-5 are more than enough. If you want to raid, add step 6)
    This is actually good advice: the Core Abilities really can help if you've forgotten all about a class or a specialization.

And yeah, I also have the same issue with all my characters except my main (druid). I've maxed out a few for Pandaria, but haven't touched my hunter at all in Warlords, simply can't get back into the playstyle. However, if you really want to, then just limit yourself to the basic abilities first and just go out and do stuff. If you find you enjoy it again, then add on the extra abilities and learn to play it properly. Proving Grounds are also a good place to do this (for some classes at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Get on your prot warrior, grind mobs just to get a feel of the spells again. First do offensive spells, then as you get more confident, pull more and more mobs to test out your defensive capabilities. Then progress to normal (if you feel that you're not THAT ready yet) dungeons, then do heroics.
    Ya I think thats a good test.

Or you could do the douche thing and jump right in to 5 mans.

I did that with all my tanks to level them up...