iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

"The four primary stats Strength, Willpower, Cunning, and Aim have all been replaced by a single stat called Mastery. For all intents and purposes, Mastery acts identically to the primary stat it replaced."

About time someone figured out that having four different stats that do exactly the same thing is utterly pointless. Now if only other games would do this (looking at you WoW and D3).

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    "The four primary stats Strength, Willpower, Cunning, and Aim have all been replaced by a single stat called Mastery. For all intents and purposes, Mastery acts identically to the primary stat it replaced."

Does that mean 1 set legacy gear for all my characters?

Sweet, Dash ability for warrior.

So many changes look spectacular in terms of design.

SWTOR and FF14 are really something to watch being developed.

HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE

I really like a lot of these changes. It's too bad it took them so long to move in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Does that mean 1 set legacy gear for all my characters?
    Mostly. Tanks/healers will still require a different set than dps. Off-hands will still be different as well I believe. Tech/force power. Otherwise yeah you can use one set of gear for every character. Set bonuses will also not switch over, so you'll still have different sets if you get set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Wtf bioware? Why?

"The amount of credits dropped from defeated NPCs has been greatly reduced."
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH MY GOD THE COMPANION CHANGES ARE SO GLORIOUS.

Honestly, the changes alone get me so fucking hyped for this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Wtf bioware? Why?

I wonder if it's mostly targeted at certain elites or just all mobs. There are a ton of places throughout the game that are heavily farmed by bots to make credits for credit spammers. The level sync alone would've fixed some of those places (Ilum, Hoth, BH for example).

There is also just way too many credits floating around in game. This won't really change that, but it doesn't really hurt that much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Wtf bioware? Why?

It wasn't really meaningful to begin with.

Likely a change to counter potential abuse with farming low level areas stupid fast and having mobs drop level appropriate amounts of credits. As I heard, folks were 3-4 shotting gold mobs when scaled down, so clearing out some of the heroic area's could potentially be pretty lucrative given the speed with which it seemed possible.

if only level sync was players choice /sigh.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    if only level sync was players choice /sigh.
    I'm sure you'll still be vastly OP when you out level a planet.

All great changes, I wish I subbed from August so I could play tonight! Instead I have to level to 60

Looks like they sneaked in a Flash point into the game. Atleast this is the first I've read about it. Overall very welcome changes and lot of new additions. No more switching comps because of a douche response and loss of affection. This change feels a lot like the companion affection in DA 2. Can't wait until tonight to log in and play the game

10+ Year Old Account
    What's people's general thought on dual spec?

Are people that play the game full time against it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What's people's general thought on dual spec?

Are people that play the game full time against it?
    Why would anyone be against it? We already have free instant respec whenever we want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Why would anyone be against it? We already have free instant respec whenever we want.
    Does that remember where all your abilities go on the bar, or do you have to redo that each time?

Does that remember where all your abilities go on the bar, or do you have to redo that each time?
    You have to redo them by hand

It's pretty annoying, that's why I'd be very surprised if anyone (or more realistically more than a tiny minority) complains if you can set templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    You have to redo them by hand

It's pretty annoying, that's why I'd be very surprised if anyone (or more realistically more than a tiny minority) complains if you can set templates.
    Oh, there will be people that complain. The same folks that complained about a group finder or any other convenience change that's been made since launch and wasn't initially laid out by the devs.

But I'd love to see at least dual spec brought in. It always frustrates me because I'm so used to Rift where all of my characters have at least 4-5 specs that I can swap between (including gearsets) with the press of a button.

Deleted
    It reset the spec ability only, the rest of the abilitys stays on the bar.