Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hyperbole at it's finest. The game looks pretty much in line with what niche PS3 games look like graphically, which is what you would expect a niche Wii U game to look like...
    Character models in the game are great. Some of the textures are totally like PS1 era. There were some great screencaps highlighting the huge difference in quality that were a kick. I've let out a few guffaws while playing it when I come across something glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Character models in the game are great. Some of the textures are totally like PS1 era. There were some great screencaps highlighting the huge difference in quality that were a kick. I've let out a few guffaws while playing it when I come across something glaringly obvious.
    PS1 didn't even have textures, unless you think pre rendered backgrounds are textures. PS1 just had colored polygons, textures where rarely used on n64 and didn't really become a real thing on consoles until the dreamcast launched.

PS1 didn't even have textures, unless you think pre rendered backgrounds are textures. PS1 just had colored polygons, textures where rarely used on n64 and didn't really become a real thing on consoles until the dreamcast launched.
    /facepalm...

All 3D models and terrain had texturing... else they'd just be solid coloured, or invisible, objects.

Example; Resident Evil 1: the backgrounds were Pre-rendered... but the player model and NPCs were textured [skinned] 3D models.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2015-10-21 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    I dont care about the damn costumes. I just want a good game most of all. And there would probably be some whine about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    /facepalm...

All 3D models and terrain had texturing... else they'd just be solid coloured, or invisible, objects.

Example; Resident Evil 1: the backgrounds were Pre-rendered... but the player model and NPCs were textured [skinned] 3D models.
    You do realize you can color polygons to make a model without them being textured right? Textures simple are more detailed. So let me guess you think SM64 has textures to? lol. Applying textures to polygons was still advanced tech in the mid to late 90s, that we didn't regularly see on games until the dreamcast started the 5th gen.

So yes facepalm yourself and go research the evolution of 3D gaming because we had games with 3D models, long, long, long before applying textures to them was a thing.

Actually you both are wrong, pre rendered background is still texture work anyway. Its textures on a skybox with a camera view on it and then a wall texture turned into an artifact showing you the camera view. Even a solid color is still a texture in a video game engine. Its literally impossible to display untextured things, you have a default texture.

Yes Mario 64 has textures... your understanding of textures is very bad lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize you can color polygons to make a model without them being textured right? Textures simple are more detailed. So let me guess you think SM64 has textures to? lol. Applying textures to polygons was still advanced tech in the mid to late 90s, that we didn't regularly see on games until the dreamcast started the 5th gen.

So yes facepalm yourself and go research the evolution of 3D gaming because we had games with 3D models, long, long, long before applying textures to them was a thing.
    No, the facepalm is pretty appropriate here, go read up on textures and get back to us here. Then go look at the hundreds of examples of textures on hundreds of PS1 and N64 games when you're done. We'll wait for you.

I'll save ya some trouble, nearly every single game on each consoles was using textures if it was polygon-based.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Update:
    "Nintendo Censored Story Content in Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water"
    http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/ninten...of-black-water

Link to video comparison between japanese and european version of said story content according to the article
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3U0...ature=youtu.be

My opinion is as long as the game's contents don't violate the local law, there shouldn't be censorship. If Nintendo's reasoning is to increase sales, I find it weird they didn't censor Bayonetta 2 as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the least of my concerns when buying a video game. Some people call it "censorship" but I call it "I don't give a rat's ass as it does not affect the game in any way...unless you wanted to fap to almost-naked 3D models".

Like I needed more reasons to hate nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I don't see why they couldn't just release it as free DLC or something. Just have a parental warning on it or something if you're really concerned about getting blamed for kids playing an M rated game and seeing things they aren't supposed to.

Well it is kind of strange to alter a survival horror game as though its aimed at a young audience, but i kind of dig the Zelda one even if their reasoning was probably avoiding the 'EXTREMELY PROBLEMATIC' witch hunters that want us all buzz cut in grey morph suits listening to white noise and eating semolina all day erry day.