7+ Year Old Account

Question [Mistweaver] How are we treated by mechanics, as ranged or melee?

I have read that because of the spirited crane stance we a treated as melee.
    So i just want to clarify this before i get myself killed..

Are we treated as melee regardless of our range from the boss?
    Are we treated as melee in spirited crane stance and ranged when in wise serpent stance or is the active stance irrelevant?

Deleted
    Melee regardless of range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Than you very much.

Also regardless of stance. MW is just always considered melee. There have been a few mechanics in the past that have considered MW as part of the ubiquitous "healer" group (the fire cannons on Operator Thogar in BRF targeted "healers" and "ranged DPS" instead of just "ranged") but it's generally considered an oversight and unintended when that does happen.

^ This is almost more important. As a MW we're basically immune to half the fight because we count as melee and can stand in range if we want without any side effects(usually), but we are still considered a healer for mechanics like on Gorefiend where it selects groups of 2 healers to go into the stomach.

Deleted
    There are also still mechanics that select based on range from a boss or mob, so if you're not in melee range it will target.