Bored? Got nothing to do? Wanna look over our Mythic Xhul'horac logs?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ctwHkd2qrG9zhFvT

We had a hiccup last week in that we lost a lot of time due to work pulling in 3 of our raiders on two separate nights. One of these was our 2nd Mage, making Xhul a bit harder with lacking interrupts on the imps (Green Orbs were going out, causing Ablazes which led to Shadowfel's going off) and not having 2 mages for the Empowered Fel Chains.

That being said, I'd appreciate any and all advice, opinions, and criticisms. We've only had about 40 attempts on this boss, and while I wish we'd have done Tyrant first, it's too late to de-commit. We're hoping to get it killed this week, but I want to be ready with any and all adjustments as soon as possible.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to pick these apart. I really appreciate it!

Deleted
    How are you clearing the green fire? If you're doing the tactic where you drop the purple next to it and wait for them to touch and explode there's something you need to know.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

I'm assuming your shaman is droping grounding totem to help with soaking imp casts but this is dangerous because grounding totem actually can soak the void surge casts and if you're relying on the void fire to clear the fel fire and one gets soaked then the green fire will get out of control because you wont have enough purple fire to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    How are you clearing the green fire? If you're doing the tactic where you drop the purple next to it and wait for them to touch and explode there's something you need to know.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

I'm assuming your shaman is droping grounding totem to help with soaking imp casts but this is dangerous because grounding totem actually can soak the void surge casts and if you're relying on the void fire to clear the fel fire and one gets soaked then the green fire will get out of control because you wont have enough purple fire to clear it.
    We're actually using the Grounding Totems to soak the Void Surges. Ideally we're not letting any out, and the Black Hole Soakers are in charge of removing Green Fire. Part of our problem was that the Grounding Totems were often soaking the orbs from the Imps because casts were getting off. This lead to the players in our bait group (SPriest, 2x Hunter, and Mage) sometimes getting Void Surge and being unable to get to the location in time to drop it off.

We're hoping that with our 2nd Mage back this week this won't be a problem due to another round of Super Nova. Imps should be interrupted meaning Grounding Totems should always work for Void Surge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much time to do a full analysis, but one thing that's better than worrying about interrupting the imps is actually killing them really fast. And you guys aren't doing a good job of that - especially for your ilvl.

3 healing is definitely recommended which gives you an extra DPS. People should generally be spec'd to do full AoE on this encounter except for maybe a few hunters that can burst down/kite Voidfiends. When imps are wiping you I can't believe you'd have a Warlock playing Affliction. Even still, in 20 wipes I see 1 Shadowfury cast between both of your Warlocks even though you mentioned interrupts being an issue.

I can look more into it later but that's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    I don't have much time to do a full analysis, but one thing that's better than worrying about interrupting the imps is actually killing them really fast. And you guys aren't doing a good job of that - especially for your ilvl.

3 healing is definitely recommended which gives you an extra DPS. People should generally be spec'd to do full AoE on this encounter except for maybe a few hunters that can burst down/kite Voidfiends. When imps are wiping you I can't believe you'd have a Warlock playing Affliction. Even still, in 20 wipes I see 1 Shadowfury cast between both of your Warlocks even though you mentioned interrupts being an issue.

I can look more into it later but that's a start.
    I'll be honest, I wasn't aware that one of the Warlocks was Affliction. I kind of glossed over the specs when skipping to the problems we had in the fight. I definitely plan to make those adjustments. Thanks.

We were forced to 4 heal on that night because our 2nd Mage was out due to work. Ideally we'll be 3 healing it which will add more DPS. I agree that DPS was lacking on the imps, so hopefully with an extra DPS (offering another Supernova) and our warlock switching to destro the problem will be resolved.

Honestly supernova isn't all that great for imp control because they just start casting again immediately. I mean it's great of backup / emergency but you don't want to build your strat on that esp if your mages are dealing with voidfiends.

You have two warriors (2 shockwaves for each imp spawn) two warlocks (shadowfury) and two druids (solar beam). That should be plenty to keep the imps stunned / silenced long enough to kill them as long as they get gripped asap. As you have 2 DK's every 3rd imp spawn cannot be gripped; you can have your druids ursol's vortex + typhoon to "grip" them to help out.

We actually wrote a note listing who does what to each imp spawn first, second and third, for example

1st spawn Monk 1 leg sweep, warrior 1 shockwave, warrior 2 shockwave
    2nd spawn monk 2 leg sweep, warrior 1 shockwave, warrior 2 shockwave
    ... repeat

People had weak auras with the wave number (or just got it off BW timers) so everyone always knew exactly who's turn it was on any given wave.

And then as some imp spawns were particularly bothersome because reasons we'd assign boomies to solar beam those specific ones as well.

This way you can turn "everyone was supposed to interrupt and no-one did it or all did it at the same time" into "you were supposed to interrupt there, why didn't you?"
    Last edited by Summer; 2015-10-21 at 05:50 AM.

I strongly recommend three healing. Swapping out a healer for the second mage you mentioned will help with chains and make the fight quicker.

Additionally, I see a lot of deaths from Singularity. I would suggest adding Warlocks into the Black Hole soak group (Sac Pact+Voidcaller Cd+Disc shield) or at least have them be the backup soakers in the event an assigned soaker gets Fel Surge at a bad time.

Based on your best pulls from the night it looks like you shaman is just missing casts of Void Surge (as in he/she isn't casting it while boss is casting Void Surge). I would suggest having them get a WeakAura that's really obnoxious and spams when Void Surge is being cast.

In regards to the imps there is an option in BigWigs that marks the imps so that you can assign melee to an individual imp for the sake of kicking their casts. You'll find this useful on those 3rd imp spawns where you won't have grip.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyBakeChef View Post
    I strongly recommend three healing. Swapping out a healer for the second mage you mentioned will help with chains and make the fight quicker.

Additionally, I see a lot of deaths from Singularity. I would suggest adding Warlocks into the Black Hole soak group (Sac Pact+Voidcaller Cd+Disc shield) or at least have them be the backup soakers in the event an assigned soaker gets Fel Surge at a bad time.

Based on your best pulls from the night it looks like you shaman is just missing casts of Void Surge (as in he/she isn't casting it while boss is casting Void Surge). I would suggest having them get a WeakAura that's really obnoxious and spams when Void Surge is being cast.

In regards to the imps there is an option in BigWigs that marks the imps so that you can assign melee to an individual imp for the sake of kicking their casts. You'll find this useful on those 3rd imp spawns where you won't have grip.
    Ya, we plan to 3 heal, so no worries on that end.

As for Singularity, early deaths were due to just trying to perfect getting proper shields and CDs rolling on the DKs. They stopped being a problem for the most part and I think we have that part worked out. Still room to improve though.

In regards to the Shaman, he was attempting to Grounding Totem every Void Surge. The problem we had was that Fel Imp casts were going out (part of our interrupt/DPS issue on them). This resulted in the totem grounding the fel orbs instead of Void Surge.

For our bait group, we have 2 Mages and 2 Hunters. If we're going to ground every Void Surge, should all 4 still be going up there or should it only be the 2 Mages and 1 Hunter?

Also, in the last phase when we all stack up, do we only need one mage to stand behind the raid to get the Fel Chain cast or does it need to be the whole group?

In the pulls I glanced through he just didn't cast Grounding totem, it wasn't that imps soaked it. It happened once on each of your best pulls. I'm sure imps are part of the problem too, but they just need to be more proactive from the look of it.

Bait group always has to be 4 people as he selects his chains target based on the 4 farthest people away from him. This group must also stay out in the last phase to ensure chains don't get messed up based on the criteria previously stated (4 farthest targets). Therefore they will need extra healing since they won't be in your AMZs and Barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyBakeChef View Post
    In the pulls I glanced through he just didn't cast Grounding totem, it wasn't that imps soaked it. It happened once on each of your best pulls. I'm sure imps are part of the problem too, but they just need to be more proactive from the look of it.

Bait group always has to be 4 people as he selects his chains target based on the 4 farthest people away from him. This group must also stay out in the last phase to ensure chains don't get messed up based on the criteria previously stated (4 farthest targets). Therefore they will need extra healing since they won't be in your AMZs and Barriers.
    Good to know on the last bit.

In regards to Void Surge, it always targets the farthest target, right? And Fel Surge targets the cloest melee and ranged? We had problems with Fel Surge, as there were times when our DKs would be selected even when they were almost no where near the boss.

Your DK's can AMS Fel Surge. Very helpful as controlling who that targets in melee is pretty impossible.