Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I don't agree the most logical and best solution to tanks deaths is for your disc priest to equip the class trinket. It might work, yes. But far from the best solution to this kind of problem.
    And what exactly, on progression, would be a better solution to prevent tank deaths in the final phase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get better tanks, since it's more likely a tank issue than a healing issue at this point. Your tanks should be going into p3 with nearly all externals up and they should just be chaining those for the rest of p3 till your max hps pool gets high enough.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Get better tanks, since it's more likely a tank issue than a healing issue at this point. Your tanks should be going into p3 with nearly all externals up and they should just be chaining those for the rest of p3 till your max hps pool gets high enough.
    Not really something you can do mid-progression nor is that a good attitude to have. Obviously regardless of skill/player issues we try to min/max and problem solve the best we can on progression. Anyone should. We had a problem of tank deaths, and just saying "Hey tanks, can you play better and not die, kthanx" isn't going to get you anywhere except tilted players and a salty raid.

Externals were used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    And what exactly, on progression, would be a better solution to prevent tank deaths in the final phase?
    We had every external up for last phase, and I stood out of the raid as disc to keep shields on the tanks thoughout the last phase.

If you don't need the spirit links in p2, save both of them for p3, and use them as a tank CD, the tank can simply not die if the whole raid is stacked inside the spirit link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    We had every external up for last phase, and I stood out of the raid as disc to keep shields on the tanks thoughout the last phase.

If you don't need the spirit links in p2, save both of them for p3, and use them as a tank CD, the tank can simply not die if the whole raid is stacked inside the spirit link.
    A 6 second SLT is not an adequate solution for tank deaths in the final phase. Even with chained externals - and raid cooldowns - tanks have a chance to die. Both our Holy Paladin and Disc stood out.

All I'm saying, throughout Velhari prog, we found the DR to be more important than the throughput you lose for running the trinket. If tanks are dying, it is a viable option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really something you can do mid-progression nor is that a good attitude to have. Obviously regardless of skill/player issues we try to min/max and problem solve the best we can on progression. Anyone should. We had a problem of tank deaths, and just saying "Hey tanks, can you play better and not die, kthanx" isn't going to get you anywhere except tilted players and a salty raid.

Externals were used.
    I didn't mean it seriously about getting new tanks. I was simply implying that it is likely tanks mismanaging their cds rather than a lack of heals. Ik this was the case with one of our tanks during progression and one of our other tanks worked with them to fix this, and as soon as that happened p3 went much much more smoothly. So i was just saying, their raid group should look at how tanks are using their cds during this phase as something to fix as well, since we are trying to min/max.

But, I have been agreeing with you that the trinket is a viable option in order to fix tank deaths.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2015-10-23 at 05:45 PM.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    I didn't mean it seriously about getting new tanks. I was simply implying that it is likely tanks mismanaging their cds rather than a lack of heals. Ik this was the case with one of our tanks during progression and one of our other tanks worked with them to fix this, and as soon as that happened p3 went much much more smoothly. So i was just saying, their raid group should look at how tanks are using their cds during this phase as something to fix as well, since we are trying to min/max.

But, I have been agreeing with you that the trinket is a viable option in order to fix tank deaths.
    I'm not trying to defend my tanks, I'm sure they could have played better and managed themselves better. That's still not my point at all though. Tanking the fight is the only mechanically difficult role on that fight. Our tanks had problems, our disc priest took the initiative to try the trinket, tanks started surviving. If nothing less, it puts less pressure on the tanks. And once again, the only point I have been trying to bring across is that, despite how or why, if tanks are dying the trinket is perfectly viable and offers more tank survivability than any other trinket you could use.

Deleted
    A 6 second SLT is not an adequate solution for tank deaths in the final phase. Even with chained externals - and raid cooldowns - tanks have a chance to die. Both our Holy Paladin and Disc stood out.

All I'm saying, throughout Velhari prog, we found the DR to be more important than the throughput you lose for running the trinket. If tanks are dying, it is a viable option.
    You generally know when the tanks are going to die, tank swaps, overlaps etc. Use the link at those points. I'm not saying you shouldn't use the trinket either, go a head if you believe this is what is gonna get the boss killed, then by all means it is worth it.

And most of it probaly comes down to the tanks, and the synergy between the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to defend my tanks, I'm sure they could have played better and managed themselves better. That's still not my point at all though. Tanking the fight is the only mechanically difficult role on that fight. Our tanks had problems, our disc priest took the initiative to try the trinket, tanks started surviving. If nothing less, it puts less pressure on the tanks. And once again, the only point I have been trying to bring across is that, despite how or why, if tanks are dying the trinket is perfectly viable and offers more tank survivability than any other trinket you could use.
    I was also referring to OP and not your tanks. Progressing on the boss when you did vs now when OP is, are two very different things.