Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tom Clancy's The Division

Is it an MMO game? From what I understand it's just a Co-Op game where you can invite your friends into your single player game. I thought it was like Battlefield 4 type game where you join a lobby and there are other people running around in the world.

Deleted
    It was announced from the very beginning that it was an mmo , the shitty thing is the're still debating if they will release it for pc...

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    It was announced from the very beginning that it was an mmo , the shitty thing is the're still debating if they will release it for pc...
    "On August 20, 2013 Ubisoft announced that the game would be released for PC on Microsoft Windows as a result of the "vocal and passionate PC community."

No debate at all
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

As a PC gamer, this is pinging hard as fuck on my radars.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people with tablets get to fly around as a little drone with machine guns? That's fucking wicked. The premise of this game is mind blowing. Hope the execution is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Oh, I thought it was a single player with Co-Op added in. Shame this game is not even close to being released. =(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    So people with tablets get to fly around as a little drone with machine guns? That's fucking wicked. The premise of this game is mind blowing. Hope the execution is just as good.
    Ha! I think I'll be stealing my room mates iPad and playing around with it before I go to work.

It looks great but of course there hasn't been much footage yet, but lots of interesting ideas. I got no idea if Massive is a studio that can pull off great games, not sure I've played something they've done, but lets hope so.

The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It looks great but of course there hasn't been much footage yet, but lots of interesting ideas. I got no idea if Massive is a studio that can pull off great games, not sure I've played something they've done, but lets hope so.
    They made World in Conflict, not really anything close to the same thing as The Division. But for what it was and when it came out, it was tons of fun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Total honesty here: That minimalist UI makes me moist. Seriously, I love click, minimalist UI's that don't really stick out like a sore thumb. Sure it's kinda out of place if you are looking from a pure "immersion" standpoint, but I absolutely love the way it conveys information without ever make you look away from the central area of the scree to check anything.

Absolutely fantastic.

awesome stuff

I don't care if it isn't an mmo or not, I'm looking forward to it.

It just appeared on my Steam with the release date of March 2016, wasnt there yesterday. (it might have been common knowledge, tbh I didnt follow this game for quite a time even if im interested in it).

Edit : Just saw it was announce at E3.. well, for the steam part its new! ^^
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2015-10-28 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    XB1 beta starts in December, doesn't say when for other platforms so I'd assume Jan.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Let's just hope the graphics are worthy of PC. But if it required nagging them to even make a PC version, I'm predicting the usual console port.

I think the Internet already confirmed a downgrade.

Lmao what a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I think the Internet already confirmed a downgrade.

Lmao what a joke.
    Personally, do not give a shit about the graphics. The sad part is those rumors that state there is only going to be 3-4 groups of players on a 1 map at anytime. The EXACT same problem with The Crew. Advertised as an MMO, turns out theres only a few people per sever and is more of a lobby then an MMO.

I understand the challenges of making an MMO like that, but it's what is needed for this game to be successful. It's extremely boring when you have a HUGE world and then see a player once every 30 minutes. I don't expect 10,000 players per server, but at least 500-1000 would be perfect if the map is as big as they are talking about. I want alliances to form, massive groups of players. I high, HIGHLY doubt it will be that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I hear, the more I lose interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The more I hear, the more I lose interest.
    Yeah, at first I was interested but its been dipping ever since.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Personally, do not give a shit about the graphics.
    Attitudes like this is why they get away with downgrades.

They promise you shit, get you hyped up for shit, then lower because of consoles. You don't buy that, they learn a lesson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Attitudes like this is why they get away with downgrades.

They promise you shit, get you hyped up for shit, then lower because of consoles. You don't buy that, they learn a lesson.
    Because graphics have absolutely no bearing on if the game is good or not? Some of the most enjoyable games, that last longer then a week have shit graphics because they put their time and effort into gameplay. By your logic, games like CSGO would never be successful, yet it's one of the most successful games on PC, because the gameplay is solid.

CSGO isn't a game that's going to be launched in 2015/2016.