Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I hate queueing dungeons as a healer because I can't control the speed of the run and it's not worth vote kicking or yelling at someone unless they afk more than half of the time or theyre being plain rude. On the flipside being a tank is great especially for the CTA stuff (timewalking version included).

That said I think the intents of doing a dungeon, be it a heroic or timewalker is what causes people to show impatience. I personally do them for either call to arms, clutch garrison resources, or badge farming.. basically not for gear progression. I understand if I come across undergeared people whose purpose is to gear up as that's just as valid of a purpose as mine. Badge farming for the mount particularly is a bit tedious and since my alts are geared I know my limits, so I do want to clear the dungeons as fast as possible... but as they say you are only as good as the rest of group yet this mostly doesn't seem to be the case unless you're queued as like a stack of 2-4 people.

Why use 20 min for something that can be done in 10?
    Time can play a part. But the other side is, if you try to get it done in 10 when the team can't do it that fast you make it take longer and usually just piss a lot of people off and end up wasting at least one persons time if you vote kick or rage quit.

It's about being a relatively decent human being and understanding it's not all about you... there's other people involved in this and getting it done a little slower is better than being an asshole.

I'm all for people playing their own speed, if the tank is undergeared, take your time and get it done, but if the tank is full HFC mythic geared and hes taking his time he needs to gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes people are faster and maybe more skilled at playing WoW than others. I don't like some of the attitudes, but there's no changing other people through complaint. You're going to have groups you enjoy and those you don't.

Things have changed since the game originally came out. People can pull off things they couldn't before. It's better not to fight,and rise to whatever the challenge is of a particular Dungeon run and move on. If that means putting up with negative people, DPS pulling or whatever else,just roll with it and use the skills you have to adapt and be successful in your run. Using your tools will make you a better player. Yes,it may be stressful. Maybe the next random group will be more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had timid people so terrified after a mistake that they leave group.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Yes, so many people are impatient. Last months timewalking (burning crusade) I was the tank. We were on the final boss and the healer and I had died (fail heals and slow dps so I died then they went to kill the healer and eventually just 1 dps survived but trash died) Anyway, we all get ressed, but the healer had actually released his spirit and was all the way at the beginning of the instance! So I think a dps didn't realize they were so far away and actually pulled the boss. Hello, I'm the tank... so I try my best to hold him until the healer can get to us but it's not going to work so we end up trying to run away, and we end up dying in the hall before the boss. Anyway, when the healer passes by my corpse he /spits on me... so I decided I wasn't going to release anyway because that's just rude, and they ended up having to use the warlock pet to tank the boss because the healer decided he shouldn't resurrect the tank.

Anyway, there are so many bads in timewalking, it's pretty ridiculous.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    I'm being "impatient" because they're slowing things down to a crawl. Halfway through I bitched at them and DK just said sorry was talking to wife and chatting w ppl. Druid doesnt respond and continues doing what he does, zero DPS on some pulls, 20% of the tank's damage on the others. IMO if you're busy doing something else and just want to get carried through go get fucked.

I dont mind if it's a long dungeon with hard pulls etc. I mind if it's not meant to be a long run but is made into one deliberately by the players in it
    Uh uh uh! I'll jump on that train as well. Literally fuck people that are "doing something else because it's a game".

How fucking hard is it? I come home, clean, eat, take a bath, make myself a cup of tea and want to play a game to relax. I make sure that there won't be anything that will bother me. I know the hour my girlfriend finishes work (around 5 PM and 20 minutes travel time) so I won't start anything after 4:30 because if it drags on, things are going to suck for one of the sides and I'd rather not have that happen.

I actually had a "conversation" with some kid in LoL. I guess kid because he left in the middle of a ranked game because "dinner is ready and his mother will get mad". I simply asked him "Do you eat at the same hour every day?" and he answered "yea so?". It simply blows my mind, how stupid can you be to do something like that?
    A LoL game can be anywhere between 20 minutes and 70 minutes (average being around 45 if you include champ select/loading screen).
    You always eat (go to school/work/rape a child/whateverthefuck) at 6 PM.
    How can someone start a game at 5:45 PM?!?!?

That's one of the biggest issues, not people that are new and can't/don't know how to play the game. People that intentionally waste your fucking time and you won't be able to do anything about it because that's the majority.

Whenever I enter a dungeon I ask the healer how fast they want me to go, and I go that speed. If I die because they can't keep up, it's on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Been doing some timewalking dungeons tonight, and in the last one I entered, the healer was so impatient that when his votes to kick the slow tank failed, he started to threaten to kick the people who were against kicking the aforementioned tank. We finally wiped right before the last boss, since they were rushing the inexperienced and undergeared damage-soaker, which sparked an argument, and I myself was kicked for sticking up for him.

I threw some expletives at the healer, and then that was that, but this was not an isolated case, as I'm sure many of you will be able to attest to.
    Indeed, so common is it that in the dungeon before that, the healer was practically begging the tank to pull more, but he wasn't an asshole about it.

This tank-rushing breeds another problem, as it causes tanks to think they have to constantly be on the move, or else they will be yelled at, and this in turn can cause problems for inexperienced healers. I don't think this is a good environment.

I don't know if my ideas for solving this issue are any good, but I was thinking maybe dungeons could scale in difficulty proportional to the average item level of all participants.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who can't stand to wait for slow tanks, or are you OK with a more relaxed tempo? If you're more like the latter, what do you suggest to create a less stressful dungeon scene?
    If you didn't write this a couple days ago I would have thought I was your tank (about an hour ago I was kicked and it was the healer that was on my side). I'll admit that I'm not the best tank and it was my first run in a while but I was pulling the next group before the last one was dead but apparently that was still too slow. This one huntard kept pulling groups and we stopped at a boss but they kept going and then yelled at me for not knowing my role. Funny thing was I just re-queued, hit the same dungeon and had a completely smooth run (in fact I was going too fast for the next group).

I don't know how people like to main tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Welcome to the gimme gimme and gimme right now generation of WoW. You can thank Blizzard for that. I refuse to do aby cross server content this being one of the big reasons why. People make this game extremely undesirable to play, it's an MMO, I shouldn't feel like I want to avoid the cesspool of retards that play this game.
    Except this has been going on ever since even Vanilla. It just wasn't as rampant as it is now but it definitely existed. Thinking this is Blizzard's fault or something new is just trying to pass the blame onto someone else. Not to mention it happens in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    In WoW, you should be able to chain pull seamlessly from one mob to the next with no downtime until post boss, even then you shouldn't need to wait to gather your thoughts. It's not like other MMO's the only excuse for being slow is if it's your very first time ever. I would have kicked the tank/yourself as well. People have schedules to keep after all.

If you want a slower dungeon pace play literally any other mmo.
    feel free to leave and get a faster group

People are assholes and extremely toxic in this expac. It's made the game nearly unplayable for me. It's not a matter of: if someone will lose it, it's a matter of "will it take longer than 5 minutes?"

I actually attempted to move onto FF14 since my WoW is paid up through 2017, so I don't have to choose to quit, or feel like I'm wasting money if I just say: fuck this game, for awhile .. so I did .. but my PC can't handle FF14 sadly.

I got a new built I need to put together this weekend, then it's off to FF14 for me and mostly farewell to WoW. It isn't that I don't want to play WoW, I totally do. But the toxicity is just insane. FF14, it seems people are actually afraid of getting banned for being toxic, which is nice .. WoW? Nah, have at it. BLIZ aint gonna do anything to you for it.

I just want to be able to join groups with people like myself, who are motivated to have fun. But you join a dungeon or worse yet a PUG raid and holy crap do people get abusive fast. So I don't hate WOD for it's content, or anything .. I'm quitting due to the community .. I just don't want to be stressed ON A GAME that I use to get away from stress.

Edit: I have to add .. I know alot of people who say "I just want to have fun!" are also inherently terrible players in game .. all my characters are gemmed/enchanted correctly and I mostly do my rotations right. (We all hit a wrong button in our priorities once and awhile, right?)-- But I still play this game for fun. Fun is two fold for me in an MMORPG. I enjoy mastering gameplay but I also enjoy playing with people and there's nothing enjoyable about the people lately.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2015-10-24 at 05:12 AM.

@op

i seriously doubt we have 100% of the facts here in cases such as your's.we never do as readers of said "complaint". that being said this is addressed several ways.

1. if what you are saying is 100% (and i doubt it highly) then yes he was impatient and being a bit of a dick, but it does not change the fact, that timewalker dungeons for the most part (excluding stupid stuns etc) are completely faceroll and shouldnt be progression for realistically anyone. they are a steeping stone to something else.

2. you are full of crap and something else happened and you possibly pissed off the only decent person in your party

3. you both are azzhats. you for standing up for a well below par tank and not telling the real truth here, and the healer for not just chilling out a bit and trying to work through it. (i believe this is the real story)

not trying to be offensive but number 1 and 2 rarely happen to the "exact" standard as mentioned. more often than not number three is the case in which i am inclined to not believe you 100% and fault him some as well.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; 2015-10-24 at 05:10 AM.

do the dungeons with some friends

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Did some TW last night and it wasnt the fact that I was being impatient so much as heavy carrying the group who couldn't care less that was a waste of my time. As the tank I was top DPS by 40%, hunter coming in next which was at least acceptable but then a balance druid and DK coming in at AFK level of damage. DK was 200 DPS, druid about 0 to 800, hunter 3-4k and i was 5k. The shaman healer would sometimes add damage too when I wouldnt take too much and would be at 2k, beating both the other DPS

I'm being "impatient" because they're slowing things down to a crawl. Halfway through I bitched at them and DK just said sorry was talking to wife and chatting w ppl. Druid doesnt respond and continues doing what he does, zero DPS on some pulls, 20% of the tank's damage on the others. IMO if you're busy doing something else and just want to get carried through go get fucked

I dont mind if it's a long dungeon with hard pulls etc. I mind if it's not meant to be a long run but is made into one deliberately by the players in it
    So much this. And when I usually point out that someone is outright slacking (a'la rogue is in stealth until the 3rd boss and doesn't even appear on the skada), I get told to "stop whining". People feel they are so entitled to anything in this game and that their real lives are more important than respecting other people's time. Wish there was 2 options to queue in anything - first is normal and the second is "move at a reasonable rate but if your activity drops below a certain %, you get automatically kicked".

Whenever I question bozos who've clearly got their attention elsewhere, I get called "impatient". If you want to sit and jerk off to some random website, do it before you enter the dungeon. Don't waste my fucking time.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Can't really expect random groups on the internet to go any different, we've all had our fair share of abuse - Even the best players the game has to offer will get called a worthless semen stain every now and then for making a minor mistake.

I remember one time I died in a dungeon as a tank because I pulled too much; Ho-boy, not gonna do that again, think i'm gonna stick to the big pulls when i'm with friends from now on (In my defence the pull was doable, I just messed up with my kiting and got stun locked. But you know, you're not aloud to make mistakes in pugs). I just find it fun to treat dungeons like challenge modes if I know the group's capable (while leveling), I actually get my fair share of praise for pulling at a decent pace but fuck me if you make a mistake are you in for it, you look like an absolute cunt if you pull 100 mobs then get isntagibbed. Honestly though I only pull like that because it's got a high success rate, I wouldn't do it if it never worked.

Man, not sure where all that came from, gettin' emotional.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2015-10-24 at 06:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Whenever I question bozos who've clearly got their attention elsewhere, I get called "impatient". If you want to sit and jerk off to some random website, do it before you enter the dungeon. Don't waste my fucking time.
    Unsure why so many people here are unable to distinguish between people who are freeloaders and people who are legitimately too inexperienced to keep up with people who have been playing for many years, sometimes a full decade. (I'd argue that there are a couple other legit reasons for people to be a little slower than others, but I want to stay on topic)

Tanks have to start somewhere, and you're not breeding a positive environment for them to learn by being a bully with time that absolutely must not be "wasted"

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Welcome to the gimme gimme and gimme right now generation of WoW. You can thank Blizzard for that. I refuse to do aby cross server content this being one of the big reasons why. People make this game extremely undesirable to play, it's an MMO, I shouldn't feel like I want to avoid the cesspool of retards that play this game.
    I've done about 15 Timewalking dungeons this event and out of those only 2 had some disagreements. One being a healer that was too busy dealing damage to do any healing, that healer got kicked. The second was a tank that had initially skipped Jedoga. 2 DPS stood at the trash while the rest of us killed the last boss. The tank ran back and we killed Jedoga as well.