Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

"Yelp Sues South Park For $10 Million Over Latest Episode"

Not sure this is real.

EDIT: It's not real, but it's still funny:

http://nbc.com.co/yelp-sues-south-pa...-over-episode/

Yelp Sues South Park For $10 Million Over Latest Episode

Today Yelp Inc. filed a $10 million dollar lawsuit against the creators of South Park and Comedy Central. In the lawsuit, Yelp is seeking damages caused by the latest episode of South Park which lampooned the customer review and local business rating website.

Paul Horner, who is a spokesman for Yelp, spoke with NBC News about details of the lawsuit.

“Our company, along with its millions of users, take Yelp very seriously. The South Park episode was in extremely bad taste and not funny whatsoever. To say our critics are out there trying to get free food and using racist slurs on little Mexican children is beyond ridiculous. To compare the users of Yelp to terrorists is not only cruel, but the definition of libel and slander. I believe any reasonable court in America will agree with the lawsuit and rule in our favor.”

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the popular animated series, were quick to issue a statement of their own.

“We’ve taken a hard look at the information presented to us, and after reviewing it, we have given Yelp and their lawsuit only one star. Their lawyers delivered us legal documents in a very unprofessional manner; not bothering to smile or even a quick handshake. The writing on the envelope was barely legible and in two different colors. It is our personal opinion that Yelp could do a much better job by not suing us for ten million dollars.”
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-10-21 at 07:25 PM.

Oh yelp, you funny you.

If it's real this is just going to get laughed out of court. This may be the first time that saying is literal.

Copyright 2015 | All Rights Reserved | Powered by HITTEKK | Proudly owned by NBC President & CEO, Dr. Paul Horner. We need writers! If you would like to write for NBC, please contact us! Looking to advertise? Contact us! All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names, images and logos appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners. | Do you have a complaint? We love to hear them! You can call our complaint department directly at (785) 273-0325 | Do you have a problem with self-rape? Are you looking to get off the Devil's playground? Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin can help! Praise Fappy!
    Yes I'm sure this is a legit news site :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the popular animated series, were quick to issue a statement of their own.

“We’ve taken a hard look at the information presented to us, and after reviewing it, we have given Yelp and their lawsuit only one star. Their lawyers delivered us legal documents in a very unprofessional manner; not bothering to smile or even a quick handshake. The writing on the envelope was barely legible and in two different colors. It is our personal opinion that Yelp could do a much better job by not suing us for ten million dollars.”
    Lmao haha

10+ Year Old Account
    While im not surprised that Yelp is attempting this, what did surprise me was that SP didnt use a fake name and call it Relp or Welp or something just to avoid this. But then again id have to assume that the SP creators have a kick ass legal team and probably a chest full of cash for when this does happen.

Fuckin' lawyers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im afraid I will have to give this lawsuit a 1... sorry yelp, but you need to do better for a higher score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yelp is basically a scam - they drop positive reviews and stick negative ones, unless you pay up.

This is fucking hilarious. And pretty sad at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Fuckin' lawyers.
    It aint the lawyers fault, its yelp. They like everyone else who has sued south park has a case, but its unlikely to go far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny part is SP creators could pay that $10mil like nothing ever happened, but they won't. Yelp is being some whiney fuckwads and wasting our courts time.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It aint the lawyers fault, its yelp. They like everyone else who has sued south park has a case, but its unlikely to go far.
    I do not concur. I blame Yelp also, but the existence of an oversupply of lawyers combined with their generally amoral approach to everything is how we wind up with these sorts of behaviors that should be shamed in a decent society. Everyone should agree that Yelp's litigious executives and lawyers are scum and treat them as pariahs. A lack of shaming of this sort of behavior is why it's so common.

This was the entire point if the episode this is hilarious.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

If South Park is doing a Yelp themed show, it means they are running out of topics to write about. They've been on the air for 12 years?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yea, this article is fake. Here's another one from the same website.

http://nbc.com.co/hello-world-2/

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this is fake. I can't find anything about it on another page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do not concur. I blame Yelp also, but the existence of an oversupply of lawyers combined with their generally amoral approach to everything is how we wind up with these sorts of behaviors that should be shamed in a decent society. Everyone should agree that Yelp's litigious executives and lawyers are scum and treat them as pariahs. A lack of shaming of this sort of behavior is why it's so common.
    A lawyer cant bring a case alone in this sense. The client has to pay them to try, and yes there is a case, as south park has been sued before. (and I do not know how those cases went, likely not very far)

Its also shamed to the point where people believe the McDonalds case myths :P

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    While im not surprised that Yelp is attempting this, what did surprise me was that SP didnt use a fake name and call it Relp or Welp or something just to avoid this. But then again id have to assume that the SP creators have a kick ass legal team and probably a chest full of cash for when this does happen.
    They probably have insurance for this so they wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If South Park is doing a Yelp themed show, it means they are running out of topics to write about. They've been on the air for 12 years?
    18 years as of august