10+ Year Old Account

quick virus question

So I think I have a simple virus somewhere. I dont know much about that stuff but what happens is every maybe 10-15 seconds a stupid advertisement video pops up in my browser on the bottom right of the screen. No matter what webpage im on and stuff like that it just always pops up different ad videos and it annoying as hell especially when im watching netflix. How do I remove this? I dont think my free internet protection is working. Could also use a sujjestion on that aswell tried comodo and hated it it kept popping up repeatedly asking me to verify shit and even when I accept it pops up and asks again. Dont have comodo anymore though.
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you download anything lately? Might be a browser "app" that piggybacked the download like those browser bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    So I think I have a simple virus somewhere. I dont know much about that stuff but what happens is every maybe 10-15 seconds a stupid advertisement video pops up in my browser on the bottom right of the screen. No matter what webpage im on and stuff like that it just always pops up different ad videos and it annoying as hell especially when im watching netflix. How do I remove this? I dont think my free internet protection is working. Could also use a sujjestion on that aswell tried comodo and hated it it kept popping up repeatedly asking me to verify shit and even when I accept it pops up and asks again. Dont have comodo anymore though.
    Try MalwareBytes.

Also, there is a sticky thread titles How to clean your system from keyloggers and other type of viruses:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pes-of-viruses

probably the best place to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Did you download anything lately? Might be a browser "app" that piggybacked the download like those browser bars.
    Im not sure if anything that would matter was downloaded. And I dont know how to check for browser apps or piggybackers lol
    Semper Fi

As already stated http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pes-of-viruses is a great sticky for people with no background in this sort of thing,

what browser are you using currently
    "Hacker:... an aficionado of computers - someone who enjoys making computers do new things, or do old things in a new and clever way." - H. S. Warren, JR "Hacker's Delight"
    "The process of preparing programs for a digital computer is especially attractive, ... it can be an aesthetic experience much like composing poetry or music." - Donald E. Knuth "The Art of Computer Programming"

Uninstall and reinstall your browser. The stuff in the thread mentioned also works well.