Poll: Should LFR be removed?

Thread: LFR Removal

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LFR Removal

Why do people want LFR removed? Changing content is always aimed to improve the game. So what do we gain from this?

In my personal experience, I like LFR to run through lore, it gives me somewhat alright gear but still doesn't compete against baleful gear. Once I start doing raids with the guild or pugging then LFR is obsolete for me so I just stop running it unless a friend wants to go. With LFR being less rewarding than any other difficulty, I'm just not motivated to do it but it gives me something to do if I want to jump on my alts. I don't see the point in removing content other people use, since there's really no benefit from removing it that I can see.

So do you guys honestly think LFR should be removed? What is your reasoning? Keep it civil.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with removing LFR is you remove a method of gearing up. LFR actually caters to the introverted player versus the extroverted player that would freely use the group finder. Someone who has no problem pugging or seeking out groups looks at LFR and states they are a very antisocial experience. That people join, run the content and leave without ever saying a word to each other. There is no judging the skill level of the player in your group, because expectations are extremely low for the other players in the group.

Groups formed with the Group finder are more demanding of a persons attention. They also become elitist at times (700+ ilvl to run normal hfc).

Now, my person opinion is that the difficulty of lfr should be upped to that of normal. LFR should go ahead and keep it's determination buff. And it should give the same gear as normal. That way people could choose... randomly put together group vs socially put together group for exactly the same loot. Note: They should share loot lockouts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR should not be a way for gearing up. It was meant to be a way for everyone to see content, which could also be done through solo scenario simplified version of the raids like they did in RIFT. Dungeons however should be better used for gearing up. And also LFR is definetely not a healthy raiding expce, normal mode should be the feature meant for that. I no longer see a reason for LFR to exist now that raids have 3 levels of difficulty.
    Last edited by Bartolo; 2015-10-21 at 05:10 PM.

There was a poll here a while back, that asked what level do you raid in.

Surprise, it was Mythic, that won the poll, the difficulty, that is the least played in the game.
    Either ppl are voting just, cuz they have killed Kargath on mythic with heroic HFC gear or it just proves, that how tiny bit of WoW players do use these forums?

So one cant make any kind of conclusions from the result of this poll.

On topic:
    LFR can stay, there are players, that do use is as an end game. It is valuable to them. Like someone said at a YT-video a while back, if you raid above LFR level, its existence should not concern you at all.

I don't care whether LFR exists or not, but as long as raiding exists LFR will exist too
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    The issue with removing LFR is you remove a method of gearing up. LFR actually caters to the introverted player versus the extroverted player that would freely use the group finder. Someone who has no problem pugging or seeking out groups looks at LFR and states they are a very antisocial experience. That people join, run the content and leave without ever saying a word to each other. There is no judging the skill level of the player in your group, because expectations are extremely low for the other players in the group.

Groups formed with the Group finder are more demanding of a persons attention. They also become elitist at times (700+ ilvl to run normal hfc).

Now, my person opinion is that the difficulty of lfr should be upped to that of normal. LFR should go ahead and keep it's determination buff. And it should give the same gear as normal. That way people could choose... randomly put together group vs socially put together group for exactly the same loot. Note: They should share loot lockouts.
    They become "elitist", but I would argue you don't know the definition of the word, because in group finder you mostly find the players that are so bad they are not offered a position in any guild group, or people trying to glom on to gear for their barely geared alts that they do not know how to perform the mechanics on as well as their mains.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    No it doesnt need removed , if you dont like going to LFR , dont queue for it . simple as that . /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    No it doesnt need removed , if you dont like going to LFR , dont queue for it . simple as that . /thread
    Well that's what I figured but I see posts talking about how bad it is for the game. I just wanted to hear it from their perspective mostly. It's kind of like pet battles, there's a lot of people who avoid it but at this point for the people who do use that feature, it would suck to remove it. It does nothing but hurt the people that like it.

Everyone can see the content by watching Twitch streams... or buy learning how to play and joining a guild. LFR is redundant, and so are more than 2 difficulties. Have normal be the casual version that flexes for regular people and heroic be actually difficult with a fixed size. People will still use LFG to do normal. We just need a better LFG with reputation or something so those groups don't suck as badly.

Deleted
    LFR is fine as it is. It is more or less optional.
    I don't do LFR, neither do I plan to, even after 6.2.3. But there are some players (a solid amount actually), who only sees LFR.

Why are people so focused on removing content?

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Everyone can see the content by watching Twitch streams... or buy learning how to play and joining a guild. LFR is redundant, and so are more than 2 difficulties. Have normal be the casual version that flexes for regular people and heroic be actually difficult with a fixed size. People will still use LFG to do normal. We just need a better LFG with reputation or something so those groups don't suck as badly.
    I don't think people want to experience raiding through twitch, you aren't even playing the game at that point. I'm in a guild that raids normal, I could pug normal or heroic if I wanted to but why not just give people an easier route with LFR? Honestly it's not even effecting anyone else who raids in higher level content and we still see lots of people doing it. It may be redundant for people who are higher geared but for people who aren't in raiding guilds, it's a valid thing for them to use to experience the content themselves. Offering twitch is just silly.

Deleted
    I just feel that LFR in WoD has served no purpose other than to get non-raiders their L. Ring. It hasn't served as a training ground; it hasn't served as a way to bring people together in a positive environment and it obviously hasn't helped much with player retention. The negative image that it has is also a poor advertisement for WoW's content. In MoP it wasn't so bad. But in WoD it's been a largely pointless exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaaaaaaaaahhhhh another one of these f*cking polls... there's been so many WHY create a new one?

MoP did a much better job with LFR than WoD has. The difficulty was higher and rewarded better gear thus providing more incentive for people to run it. Blizzard needs to go back to a model more in line with MoP's. As has been stated, if you don't like LFR, don't run it.

It teaches new players bad habits while also offering them the opportunity to "beat the game" with minimal effort without ever requiring them to socialize at all. It needs to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. LFR is in a good place right now, though HFC fights could be nerfed time-wise. There's no point in a 10-minute LFR encounter. Blizz did a great job by removing necessary rewards such as tier set bonuses and strong trinkets, while still keeping the loot adequate enough to keep players interested and make it feel rewarding to those that set LFR as their personal end-game. This model hopefully will continue through Legion. We do not need a re-introduction of a mandatory LFR system that Mists featured.

Deleted
    I think LFR does have its place in WoW, be it either for introvert players.. or as a legit "story mode". But I'm convinced it does needs the difficulty curve, that is present in "normal an up"-raids, removed. LFR should either be all like Hellbreach.. or all like Archimonde. People will get used to either.. but as it is right now, people get their expectations from one, then go into another.. and will be disappointed (and sometimes frustrated) either way.
    There is no consistency or linear progression anyway.

Remove LFR and raid quality will drop. LFR is the major reason why Blizz put ressources on raid design. Why waste developpement ressources in something less than 10% of the playerbase do.

And raid design is an huge developpement time sink.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR had it great perks of the non commitment raiding scale. But Truthfully If I cannot/will not commit to a raid I can see why others begrudge who want it around. As many have pointed out though, I think a bit more difficulty would be nice to add and keep a more consistent experience. I myself had more enjoyment learning raids with a higher difficulty and felt more fulfilled. Gear wise I am not sure if it will matter at least kept in the same model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    The fact that LFR exsists affects everyone, in my opinion its bad for the game since it awards pressing a button but i dont think it should be removed. LFR serves the purpose of a tourist-mode it lets you see the bosses but at the same time I dont think a tourist mode should have any reward at all in terms of gear since that is not the purpose. Blizzard tends to add rewards to things that people wouldnt do otherwise like timewalking, it has a crazy reward for the content you're doing. LFR should just be phased out over time until people realize that they dont really need it.