Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lego warns of brick shortage for Christmas

The Danish toymaker will run short of bricks this Christmas, meaning it won't be able to make enough toys during the peak holiday shopping season.

"We will not be able to deliver all of the new orders coming from customers in the remainder of the year in some markets in Europe," Lego spokesman Roar Trangbaek said.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news...mas/index.html

Thanks Brickbama.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    And our feet will find plenty

I'm hoarding bricks anyway for the brickopalypse.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    "Which is why we'll raise the prices because of this artificial demand"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...Lego...then...make more? What you want us to do? Donate them? Jeeesus ^^
    Really makes me wonder how long time it takes them to make all the Lego necessary for the Christmas season. They've got two months, is that really not enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just build new factories out of lego, bam, problem solved.

They can even unbuild the factories to deal with the temporary Christmas surge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did someone tell the other threads, this is how Denmark pays for all their free stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also it is like after 50 years in the business they go "There is Christmas and people give Lego as a present to their kids - now that caught us by surprise this year" and "Yeah....we somehow didn't see the Star Wars hype coming, that with a new film and us actually being a licence taker and putting toys out for the close to Christmas release date"
    Right, makes me think the problem is out of their hands. No way they didn't know the demand would be higher for Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Bush's fault.

I love the Star Wars Lego's though. Good times.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I never buy my kids these kinds of toys, so I really don't care that much. They end up all over the damn house, people step on them, pieces get lost.

Nope. I hate them.
    But..but.....they are the best toys ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Thanks Brickbama.
    You made Brickbama sad...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

I never buy my kids these kinds of toys, so I really don't care that much. They end up all over the damn house, people step on them, pieces get lost.

Nope. I hate them.
    If that wasn't sarcasm, I'm really sorry for your kids since they miss alot of fun and creativity imo.

good thing I have a literal chest of old lego pieces to play with. fuck all that $40 for a basic LoTR set!

Well thats one way to increase sales, I wonder how many people will buy into this and run out and buy legos today lol.

Nope. I hate them.
    I think everyone on this forum is grateful you're not their mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lego seems to have stopped being about proper creativity a while ago anyway. Fuck Bionicles.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Nope. I hate them.
    After your questionable stance on the toilet paper issue, now this. When I thought I couldn't think any less of you, but you are not just the worst housewife ever, but also the worst mom. Next you are telling me your husband and your kid are doing the cooking. o_Ô

10+ Year Old Account

Nope. I hate them.
    I feel for your children.

Legos are like gold, they don't depreciate in value even used. They are the best toy investment anyone can make.