Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One has nothing to do with the other Diablo had it added in very badly with a real money section. WoW was designed ground up with it so basiclly a pointless Jaylock thread.

No and it would never work in a game like wow, it isn't the same thing.

Deleted
    Saw the thread - instantly knew its Jay-ban-me-pls-Lock....

amazing he has the post count of 4500 since 2009. must be a persistent one through bans.
    removing ah is removing the fun aspect from the game for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Another in a long line of Jaylock threads.

Removing the AH is a stupid idea Jay. Like most of your ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

While I use auctionator. I think is laughable that in order to have a functioning AH players require a 3rd party program. Blizz needs to sub out less of their UI to unpaid programmers.
    I've brought this up before but MMO-C forum goers seem to feel entitled to everything third-party for free.
    Sadly, they are too ignorant to know what they've lost because of that but it's their loss. It's also why I don't share my personal addons and stuff.
    But hey, I get to take advantage of the people too lazy or ignorant to write their own addons.

If Blizzard offered an AppStore kind of thing I'd be happy to share but nope.

Until then I'll take advantage of other people and make my life super easy ^_^

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rather see jaylock removed from mmoc.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Similar to how Diablo 3 removed the AH later on in its life cycle, would you play a World of Warcraft where there was no AH, but that you had to find all your gear, materials, gold etc on your own? You couldnt sell to other players, but you could trade mats.

It would be an interesting way to play the game for sure.
    In game economies are a huge part of mmos and the AH is an evolution of what was essentially trade chat in Everquest. No it isn't going away and no there is zero comparison between an ARPG and a mmo. In short: try harder.

Deleted
    How is something more interesting when you remove a part of a game?

Its like saying Mario would be more interesting if you removed sprinting

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    1. Clickbait
    2. Jaylock
    3. Why am I replying to this again?
    Because the mods refuse to handle people like the OP and laughably attempt to treat his threads like actual constructive discussion.

Deleted
    of all the things that are not gonna happen this is one of those that's not gonna happen the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    the in-game AH no, but I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the mobile AH app as it's unfair to those of us who can't use their cell phones at work
    The mobile armory has a cap on how many auctions can be listed per day. There is zero advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    To be fair, crafting in this game is sort of ... not that useful. It's only useful because raiders need to use all the items in the game that the devs assume the players have.

If raiding weren't using all these items, the vast majority of the sales made on the AH would be removed.
    The AH would be as active as ever only with different items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    I wish the AH functioned more like GW2's. Because searching for Iron Ore and finding that one son of a shit who posts 300 single pieces of ore... is infuriating.
    Addons address this and no i don't give a flying fuck whether you should have to use addons or not. That is the entire fucking point of why Blizzard allows 3rd party addons in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Another in a long line of Jaylock threads.

Removing the AH is a stupid idea Jay. Like most of your ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

While I use auctionator. I think is laughable that in order to have a functioning AH players require a 3rd party program. Blizz needs to sub out less of their UI to unpaid programmers.
    You do understand most mmos allow 3rd party addons right? The AH functions just fine without addons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Despite it being a Jaylock thread, this is a good time to mention that WoW devs (those old schoolers people seemed to so love) originally intended for WoW to never have an AH, in order to encourage player interaction - but players in beta and fans of EQ made a huge stink about the need for an AH, and tgys capitulated.

Moral of the story: if you complain about the game being too "watered down" capitulating to "casuals" claiming the game is no longer social... but you also love and use the AH... You are a hypocrite. :P
    This is pretty much entirely false and as usual you are full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I liked the way EQ1 did their AH.

You set your character up as a "trader" with set prices and things in specific bags.

There was a centralized search that directed you to who had what items listed, and then you would go find their stall and interact with them to buy it.

I don't really like the bid/buyout part of the AH- almost no one practically does bids, and I don't like auctions "expiring". Prefer to just be able to list goods for sale, change the price when I wanted to, and have them up all the time.
    Once again another example of how Blizzard is doing it "wrong" when every single other mmo does the same thing yet they aren't held to the same impossible standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barricade_ View Post
    Jaylock's threads are getting more desperate every day.
    I'm at the point where i fully believe the mods allow clickbait threads to generate traffic to the site. Any remotely positive thread or a thread from a returning player asking for advice is shut down immediately within seconds of it being posted yet threads full of shitposting remain open.

Again...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I'd roleplay the Merchant from Resident Evil 4.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Jaylock has legitimate threads? Okay...

Back on topic, I would love it if Blizzard removed the Auction House from World of Warcraft. As Preach was talking about in his Legion Hype - Professions video on YouTube, player-to-player interaction is almost gone. If you need something, you just go to the Auction House and buy it. With its removal, this would increase the need for players to interact with one another to get items (for example, gear and materials). Would revive the trading community, at least in my opinion. Many will disagree with me, but I am alright with the Auction House's removal.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to how Diablo 3 removed the AH later on in its life cycle, would you play a World of Warcraft where there was no AH, but that you had to find all your gear, materials, gold etc on your own? You couldnt sell to other players, but you could trade mats.

It would be an interesting way to play the game for sure.
    Having your eyes gouged out and your legs amputated would also be an interesting way to live life for sure!

7+ Year Old Account
    Similar to how MMO Champion removed Jaylock later on in its life cycle, would you visit the forums where there was no Jaylock, but that you had to find all the clickbait buried deep in the forums on your own? You couldnt see it constantly, but you could remember the time.

It would be an interesting way to view the forums for sure.
    *Fixed

Another Jay(lock my thread) post. Oh boy. I too, wonder if, wow would be more interesting if (insert obscure thing that will never happen).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayArIEs View Post
    Back on topic, I would love it if Blizzard removed the Auction House from World of Warcraft. As Preach was talking about in his Legion Hype - Professions video on YouTube, player-to-player interaction is almost gone.
    It strikes me that there is a reason why Preach is a "professional gamer" as opposed to something that requires a modicum of critical thinking.

If you need something, you just go to the Auction House and buy it. With its removal, this would increase the need for players to interact with one another to get items (for example, gear and materials).
    Fair enough. Unfortunately this is where the logic ends....

Would revive the trading community, at least in my opinion.
    I doubt it. For a start, the amount of trade that happens on the AH could not be handled in trade chat. And that's hardly the biggest problem.

Can you imagine the amount of hassle it would be to trade anything? First of all you need to advertise what you need, then hope that someone who can do it is in trade chat (as opposed to out, playing the game), then you have to negotiate a price, group up, meet up, open a trade window etc. Scams would become rife, many deals would result in people getting upset with each other due to poor communication/misunderstandings/typos. While this is fine for unusual items, it's a massive inconvenience for mundane stuff.

Honestly, I think most players would rather learn to cope without trading stuff, which might just mean finding a game to play that doesn't mindlessly add ridiculous hoops for people to jump through to get stuff done.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2015-10-23 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    1. Clickbait
    2. Jaylock
    3. Why am I replying to this again?
    This
    This
    Also That

This thread doesnt surprise me being completely rediculous, because jaylock, but I felt the need to point out that for those of us that wasted HOURS upon HOURS in EQ standing by a fucking torch in a tunnel yelling that we were selling a bunch of shit can tell you that the AH was one of the best innovations that wow brought to the table back in vanilla. plus removing it makes no sense because there isn't a problem that it would be solving.

this is a terrible idea, and you should feel terrible suggesting it. plus you are comparing apples to oranges when comparing d3 to wow ah...again, not surprised you are jaylock.

Deleted
    The economy in wow is too large to take out the AH, if that happened crafting gear for raiding would be more expensive. Actually, anything that comes around raiding gear will be more expensive, like gathering mats. The trade chat will be a mess, taking the AH would have a huge impact on the Game.