Poll: favorite steak type?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    thats definitely on my bucket list
    some of the best steaks in the country are made in the south more so texas/oklahoma/kansas, but you should try a high end steak joint in any one of those areas *roughly*. i have had steaks from all over this country and they have the best hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    While new york can be bone in (called a shell steak)
    Also the KC strip, or just plain strip. It can be bone on or off, but it's a strip if the tenderloin portion is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Prime rib is ribeye. More specifically it is a rib roast that has been cooked a certain way (generally baking).
    Ribeye steaks are cut from the rib. It's only a Prime rib if it's USDA Prime grade (which is somewhat arbitrary), otherwise it's a standing rib roast or similar.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally HATE sirloin. i absolutely HATE IT.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i personally HATE sirloin. i absolutely HATE IT.
    Articulate a reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Articulate a reason?
    i don't like sirloin anything. sirloin patties sirloin steak. i just don't like sirloin. don't get me started on sirloin patties.....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't like sirloin anything. sirloin patties sirloin steak. i just don't like sirloin. don't get me started on sirloin patties.....
    It's from the end of the muscle that makes the t-bone and porterhouse. Depending how it's butchered, there might be top sirloin (better quality), and bottom sirloin (tougher, but great for braising or stewing). Actually, I think what we call strip steak in the US is called sirloin in other English-speaking places.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's from the end of the muscle that makes the t-bone and porterhouse. Depending how it's butchered, there might be top sirloin (better quality), and bottom sirloin (tougher, but great for braising or stewing). Actually, I think what we call strip steak in the US is called sirloin in other English-speaking places.
    i love ribeye and porterhouse. sirloin usually just tastes like a hamburger patty. and sirloin patties taste like a really ground up patty.

ill leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    "drunken" whatever is usually something cooked with beer or liquor. For steak, usually whisky.
    Yeah, I use Jack for mine.

I eat my steak like almost beef jerky well done and ribeyes/ filet mignons are the only ones that remain tender even if charred. If I ate rare steak I would think any of them would be tender enough. I can tell you this in my experience as a well done steak eater, some types of steaks are inedible when overcooked. They become dry and chewy, each bite there are like a million little sponges hitting your tongue.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-10-24 at 07:48 AM.

Hanger Steak, its part of the plate sub-primal and in my opinion one of the most tender delicious parts of the cow. Grilled to a nice medium rare (medium at most) over high heat and it just melts in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Also the KC strip, or just plain strip. It can be bone on or off, but it's a strip if the tenderloin portion is removed.

Ribeye steaks are cut from the rib. It's only a Prime rib if it's USDA Prime grade (which is somewhat arbitrary), otherwise it's a standing rib roast or similar.
    all of this was still explained in my post, still showing you are wrong. I haven't been a butcher for as long as I have for no reason at all.

A standing rib roast, also known as prime rib, is a cut of beef from the primal rib, one of the nine primal cuts of beef. While the entire rib section comprises ribs six through 12, a standing rib roast may contain anywhere from two to seven ribs.

It is most often roasted "standing" on the rib bones so that the meat does not touch the pan. An alternative cut removes the top end of the ribs for easier carving.

Rib eye steaks are cut from a standing rib, boned with most of the fat and lesser muscles removed.

While often referred to as a “prime rib”, the USDA does not require the cut "to be derived from USDA Prime grade beef"
    Source: USDA The Food Standards and Labeling Policy Book pg. 154 http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/larc/...ook_082005.pdf