Poll: ????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Naga (neutral), ogres (Horde) and furbolgs (Alliance).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behold the might of the Arakkoa!

Tuskarr, they are awesome!

Deleted
    The race to lvl 110?!

Seriously, some of your choices don't fit into the Horde OR the Alliance.
    Eredar? Really? Only if the Horde really are the bad guys. Naga aswell. And how the hell are Lepper Gnomes supposed to end up with the horde? Just because they got radiation sickness?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-10-22 at 07:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    High Elves: I'm still backing the idea that there aren't enough high elves left in the world to really implement them into playable adventurers. They were almost wiped out when Quel'Thalas was sacked, and those that remained from there followed Kael'Thas, becoming Blood Elves. Those who weren't in Quel'Thalas were primarily in Dalaran and scattered among Alliance garrisons, a handful remaining. It also hasn't been long enough to say they've reproduced their numbers back into shape. So I'll say likely not.

Tuskarr: I can't see myself getting hyped to play such a minor race, to be perfectly honest; not to mention they die shortly after leaving the Northrend climate according to the Northsea Pirate questline. Another no for me.

Vrykul: The human descendants would definitely be an interesting addition, but according to the Howling Fjord Alliance questline, the Vrykul were shameful of our evolution and cast us out to the Eastern Kingdom shores. I doubt they'd join the Alliance without a grave reason to, and I doubt the Horde would want a human relative who WILLINGLY allied themselves with the Lich King. I'd say maybe on Vrykul.

Taunka: The Taunka are already allied to the Horde, they're merely a subrace. This would be an interesting addition only if they added other subraces (Dark Iron dwarves, High Elf forsaken, Highborne night elves etc). So... maybe.

Arrakoa: Yeah, I'd be fine with this as long as they make customization/armor work.

Leper Gnomes: Leper gnomes are regular, everyday gnomes who are still Alliance, they just have a disease spawned from radiation that maddens them. No point making those a race.

Ogres: As much as I want the ogres, until we see a female ogre I don't see this happening. They're definitely mammals, so where's da ogre booty? Would be interesting to see the customization options of the ogre though. We'll have to wait and see.

Naga: The Naga are interesting, I wouldn't mind this one either, but they ultimately serve Azshara, and by serving Azshara they serve the Old God N'Zoth. Now, if we kill Azshara and N'Zoth and they're still Naga I wouldn't see a reason not to recruit them if they're willing. Who knows?

Ethereals: I personally wouldn't want an expansion based around these walking dust mummies. Sure, a run-in with them on our way to defeating the Legion's forces would be a great addition, given their excellent bartering and technological prowess; but to make them a playable race with few customization options? I'll pass.

Eredar: Eredar are merely the original Draenei who chose Sargaras over Velen. Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde (more like Deadimonde huehuehue) and their allied Eredar chose power over what was right, and Velen and the Eredar who agreed with him fled Argus to escape the Burning Legion's wrath, thus naming themselves Draenei, or "Exiled ones". I don't see how ANYONE would accept those who would willfully join the Legion, unless Sargaras betrays them so hardcore that Arthas would wet himself, and even THEN I doubt it. It's a sound nah for me.
    Last edited by Shortsy; 2015-10-22 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    I think they should stop with the new playable races. The day when they need to make updates to the player models may come again, and it was already a long, difficult process. Increasing the number of playable races would just make it worse. Also creating new armor involves a process when they fit it to every player model. More models = more work for every single armor set. Most likely the head pieces. They have to be scaled and sometimes the model is slightly different so it can fit a human and a tauren too. I would rather have the art team work on better looking armor.
    Pretty much this. Ogres could be fun, but yeah that's it. Plus, the time to add them was WoD; so little chance now. Same thing for high elves: the time to add them would be Legion (lots of elf related stuff, hero class etc.)
    All the other races left are not so interesting imho, and would probably never happen.

Deleted
    I don't get the fascination with High Elves.

I am missing Dryards for Alliance. ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    I don't get the fascination with High Elves.
    They're a fascinating race; rich lore about them, plus the idea of Alliance getting the Armani-model race gives many a raging nerd-on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of surprised another "furry" race is in the lead, seeing as how few people play Worgen, Tauren, and to a lesser extent Pandaren (post-MoP)...
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    ogres what else

Totally viable race that is not on this list: Furbolgs.

Seriously, Furbolgs are right up there with Arrakoa and Ogres as the most plausible additions. Ties to a faction (Alliance)? Check. Good class diversity? Check. Plausible starting location? Yup. Integration with the in-game world? Very easily done. They work very easily, and across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    The race to lvl 110?!

Seriously, some of your choices don't fit into the Horde OR the Alliance.
    Eredar? Really? Only if the Horde really are the bad guys. Naga aswell. And how the hell are Lepper Gnomes supposed to end up with the horde? Just because they got radiation sickness?
    Leper gnomes are already in the Horde. A faction of them went and pledged allegiance to the Forsaken, who accepted because they have very similar back stories (physically altered through no fault of their own, shunned and hunted by their former kinsmen). A few of them act as quest givers in Tirisfal, and there's one running around in Undercity.

Eredar? Horde? You do realize that;

1) Draenei are the Eredar, same race here just that the Eredar can be Warlocks <ah the wow community goes crazy now>
    2) You're basically advocating that the Horde are evil (by association)

And no, saying "Well, the forsaken....I mean literal undead!! The horde has to be bad!!" does not make the horde evil. The Bloody Eredar are evil, unredeemable evil. They drank the kool-aid, they cut all ties from any chance of finding their way back to the light.

They
    Are
    BAD GUYS (GIRLS)

What a silly choice to put on this list. And also for the record, I know someone is probably thinking I play horde...well nope. I've been Alliance the entire time i've played this game. None of these are good choices, at best, we should have sub-races introduced first before we ever see another race introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Totally viable race that is not on this list: Furbolgs.

Seriously, Furbolgs are right up there with Arrakoa and Ogres as the most plausible additions. Ties to a faction (Alliance)? Check. Good class diversity? Check. Plausible starting location? Yup. Integration with the in-game world? Very easily done. They work very easily, and across the board.
    I think Furblogs are the only plausible choice out of the choices you have there. Any race that does not currently reside on Azeroth, should not be a choice. Ogres at most could be Horde because I really doubt they fit in the aesthetic or political cohesiveness of the Alliance.

New races have been cool so far, but I really hesitate to believe that is what the game needs.
    Adding new starting zones to a game with 110 levels seems really counterproductive to me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the Arakkoa to join the Alliance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    missing murlocs, went with naga since that option isnt avaliable who doesn't want to load into a dungeon as a murloc and only speak MRGRGLRRGLGRLGLG when pulling.

on a side note i would just be happy if they made the toys have different looks, like the horde wizard hat, imo that would make things alot easier then just simply adding a whole new race that, they then have to add backstory change lore and a whole new starting zone, when they simply can just add a toy that makes you look like a certain race / sub race.
    Last edited by DorfDruid; 2015-10-22 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DorfDruid View Post
    missing murlocs, went with naga since that option isnt avaliable who doesn't want to load into a dungeon as a murloc and only speak MRGRGLRRGLGRLGLG when pulling.
    Murloc-Only class - Hunter. Only pet, crab.

Endless Barrage all day. Hell make it that when the player tries to comment, everything comes out MGRUGGLELLGRLRLRLR!! Even in guild, Even whispers. Gen and trade chat will become magic.

Quote Originally Posted by DorfDruid View Post
    I want Murlocs as well, but I know it would never happen.