Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Curse Blizzcon Party, Valor and Crafted Items, Engineering Panel, Voice Chat, eSports

Tyrael Pumpkin, Season 4 Discussion

Power Core Card Back Hand Outs, Boss Hero Power Brawl, TAC #112

Heroes World Championship Groups, Artanis Comic, Possible MMR Resets, THH Ep. 83

Blizzcon 2015 - Curse Party at the Hilton Anaheim
    Come join Curse for an awesome party at Blizzcon 2015 on Friday, November 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM! We can't wait to celebrate another amazing year of Blizzard games with other fans and users. There will be awesome music, loads of free drinks, swag bags for you to take home, and more!

Want to skip the long entry line? There are 500 pre-reserved spots, so hurry and claim yours now! If the pre-reserved spots run out, don't worry! There will be a general entry line outside the ballroom, so get there early and be ready to party!

Patch 6.2.3 - Valor Upgrades and Crafted Items
    You will be able to upgrade crafted gear with Valor!

Blizzcon - Engineering Panel Update
    One final update on the fate of the Engineering Panel that turned out not to be a panel.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Quick updates on Engineering discussion. First, it's a Q&A discussion in the Darkmoon Faire area, not a panel on one of the panel stages. Second, it's gonna be at 12:15 on Saturday, and last for an hour. We'll be doing some of the questions we got from Twitter, and polling the audience. The engineers involved are myself, @ben_deane from http://Battle.Net , Timothy Ford from Overwatch, and Grant Mark from SC2/HOTS. We're super excited to do this, and we have a lot of good questions you've submitted. Thanks for your involvement. (kurtismcc)

I was wrong about the virtual ticket. I misunderstood something from an earlier meeting. I'm sorry I got your hopes up. (kurtismcc)

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Buffs in Arenas and Timewalking
    This is intended behaviour. When you zone into Timewalking Dungeons, certain buffs will be cleared and will need to be re-cast. This is necessary for clean down-scaling.

In the case of Arena, this is to stop players loading up on various buffs that they would not normally be able to receive while in an Arena match. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Overwatch Beta to Include Battle.net Voice Chat
    Blizzard announced the purpose of the Battle.Net Voice Chat that we mentioned a few days ago.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Greetings, heroes!

We're in the process of working in some slight updates to Battle.net in preparation for the upcoming Overwatch beta test, and wanted to give you the heads up. This update will lay the foundation for us to test voice chat functionality within the Overwatch beta.

We're excited for players to give this feature a try during the Overwatch beta and look forward to your feedback. Further details on our voice chat plans for Battle.net will be released further down the road, but for now, please see the FAQ below.

Q: If I'm not in the Overwatch beta test, can I still test voice chat?
    A: Battle.net voice chat will only be available for testing in the Overwatch beta. Players are welcome to sign up for the beta here.

Q: Will voice chat support other Blizzard games as well? If so, when?
    A: With voice chat still in its early development and testing stages, it's too early to say which Blizzard games will be supported and when.

Q: How will voice chat work in the Overwatch beta test?
    A: We'll have further details to share once the beta begins.

Q: Should I see some sort of change with my Battle.net desktop app?
    A: No, this is just be an addition to the app's DLLs.

Activision Blizzard Creates eSports Division
    Originally Posted by Activision Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced a new division that will build on the Company's competitive gaming leadership by creating all-new ways to deliver the best-in-class fan experience across games, platforms and geographies, furthering the development of its world-leading esports ecosystem. Former CEO of ESPN and the NFL Network Steve Bornstein will serve as the division's Chairman and Mike Sepso, who was most recently a co-founder and president of Major League Gaming (MLG), will serve as its Senior Vice President.

"Celebrating our players and their unique skill, dedication and commitment is the essence of our esports initiatives," said Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard. "Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Publishing have been leaders in the development of esports. With that leadership, our strong franchises, our deep history and experience in esports, and now two additional industry leaders, we intend to further enhance our efforts and make certain this remains an important growth driver for Activision Blizzard."

Kotick added, "There are no better leaders for this new initiative than Steve and Mike. Steve has unparalleled experience in creating a sports network powerhouse and his groundbreaking leadership at ESPN and the NFL Network shaped how the whole world experiences sports. Mike's entrepreneurial vision helped make ‘esports' a household word and he is uniquely positioned to take the experience to the next level."

"Last year, Activision Blizzard created entertainment that was viewed and played by over 150 million people for more than 13 billion hours," said Steve Bornstein, Chairman of the new division and former CEO of ESPN and the NFL Network. "I believe esports will rival the biggest traditional sports leagues in terms of future opportunities, and between advertising, ticket sales, licensing, sponsorships and merchandising, there are tremendous growth areas for this nascent industry. I'm excited to help Activision Blizzard further its leadership position in esports."

"As a member of the esports community for over 12 years, I couldn't be more excited for the future of the sport. I am confident that the company's industry-leading content will capture the many opportunities we have to entertain and celebrate our players," said Mike Sepso, Senior Vice President for Activision Blizzard. "Activision Blizzard is uniquely positioned to give millions of fans around the world what they want, and I'm excited to help support this community in a way that honors its history."

Activision Blizzard has a rich history in esports:

• Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft® was the early pioneer in large-scale mainstream, televised esports, since the 1990s.
    • Blizzard Entertainment has many of the world's biggest and most beloved esports competitions. This year's BlizzCon® event will take place November 6-7 in Anaheim, Calif. and will feature the global finals for StarCraft® II, World of Warcraft®, Heroes of the Storm™ and Hearthstone®. Players have been competing for more than $4 million in prizes across Road to BlizzCon tournaments.
    • Earlier this year, Blizzard Entertainment launched Heroes of the Dorm™, the first collegiate esports event to be televised on ESPN2. More than 6,000 collegiate players, representing 460-plus schools, competed in the tournament with the winning team from UC Berkeley securing the grand prize of fully-paid tuition for each of its members.
    • Activision Publishing hosts the annual Call of Duty Championship. Call of Duty® is the top console esports franchise in the world.
    • On September 24, 2015, Activision Publishing announced the creation of the Call of Duty® World League, which provides a $3 million prize pool to professional and amateur players.
    • Since its launch, Destiny has become the most watched console game on Twitch.
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-10-23 at 03:08 AM.

Im gonna try to go to the Curse AND WowHead parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I bet you miss both.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Hit up the Curse one if you can... Wowhead is meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead is at the Hilton this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Wowhead is at the Hilton this year.
    I think all of the parties are at the Hilton this year. Wowhead, Curse, CTR, AskMrRobot/WorldofRaids(Con before the Storm). It's going to be insane.

Newegg is elsewhere, but I'm only vaguely interested in that one.
    Last edited by AmilAsphoron; 2015-10-23 at 04:05 AM.

LoL @ blizzard and Esports. People not blizzard made Starcraft as big as it is. And HOTS is a moba lite. That is like comparing high school football players to LoL's college to Dota's NFL.

"eSport". I could say a lot, but I'll skip all that and just say "Good luck with that".

10+ Year Old Account
    Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartaaaayyy

guys, there will be a sitting area

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartaaaayyy

guys, there will be a sitting area
    Wish I could be there, but gonna have to plead poverty. =(
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Wish I could be there, but gonna have to plead poverty. =(
    There's also a photo booth, if that helps.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Video games are not a sport. They are not athletes. Having video games on ESPN is as dumb as having poker.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish i could go
    Sadly i have other duties

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    LoL @ blizzard and Esports. People not blizzard made Starcraft as big as it is. And HOTS is a moba lite. That is like comparing high school football players to LoL's college to Dota's NFL.
    I heard the newegg one last year was pretty nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Video games are not a sport. They are not athletes. Having video games on ESPN is as dumb as having poker.
    That's like, your opinion man.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're finally getting "appear offline" and offline messages then if there's dev time to waste on voice chat? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion = not the voice of many.

If it profits and there is entertainment value, then there is business.

Business 101.

Cya.
    -K

And that's why they call it an eSport. They still train hard, and have to put in just as much time and effort as a physical athlete. Plus there are massive tournaments every year with tournaments such as The International or the 2015 LoL championships drawing more viewers than the Superbowl and huge teams with highly expensive sponsorship deals, I guess the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    And that's why they call it an eSport. They still train hard, and have to put in just as much time and effort as a physical athlete. Plus there are massive tournaments every year with tournaments such as The International or the 2015 LoL championships drawing more viewers than the Superbowl and huge teams with highly expensive sponsorship deals, I guess the rest of the world disagrees with you.
    Fun fact. This years International prize pool was slightly more than Wimbledons

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's why they're called E-sports instead of sports. Calm down.