7+ Year Old Account

Brewmaster timewalking BiS

Hey guys, so I'm going to be moving into full time brewmaster, and I would really like to get the Timewalking horse. Does anyone have any links to BC/WotLK Timewalking bis pieces? Or Is it just, get as many sockets as possible with BiS stats?

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiricx View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm going to be moving into full time brewmaster, and I would really like to get the Timewalking horse. Does anyone have any links to BC/WotLK Timewalking bis pieces? Or Is it just, get as many sockets as possible with BiS stats?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=742186273

Here is a spreadsheet I made that doesn't involve using legendaries or proc based items like ICC ring: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...05&single=true

I can add some gameplay videos later if requested. I've already farmed out enough badges for both mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Here is a spreadsheet I made that doesn't involve using legendaries or proc based items like ICC ring: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...05&single=true

I can add some gameplay videos later if requested. I've already farmed out enough badges for both mounts.
    Can you make bis with legendary items and ba items with socket? much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Gohi View Post
    Can you make bis with legendary items and ba items with socket? much appreciated
    Added the additional items below LK list.

This is without MoP legendaries!

The guys above has added some good lists, but I disagree with some of the items.

Here is my character without MoP legendaries:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dline/advanced

I just did a test run in Utgarde Keep, and I have very close to 100% uptime on Elusive Brew and Guard, as in when mobs have gone through a guard I have another ready!

About the items, I think most of the BiS items in terms of sockets comes from Siege of Orgrimmar, like using sunwell / toc gear is not great due to lacking socket bonuses. You want items with main stat bonus not secondary stats.

About trinkets, Blademaster is the best one, and since the "On-use" of the Blademaster trinket doesnt trigger the CD to trigger the next "on use" trinket (like most of them do), I think that you want a trinket with either main stat or bonus armor "on-use" effect.

About weapons, again for dual wield I think the SoO 1h weapons are the best because they have red socket with main stat socket bonus and you can enchant them with dancing steel which has a pure agility proc.

In addition weapons don't scale consistently, meaning same weapon speed/type and ilvl weapons might have different dps scaled down to the same TW dungeon.

Noteable Exceptions:
    • Wrists - Crafted MoP recipie
    • Belt - Crafted MoP recipie
    • Boots - Dragon Soul
    • Cloak - Firelands Ryolith

Ill add a spreadsheet when its done.
    Last edited by palaios; 2015-10-23 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palaios View Post
    This is without MoP legendaries!

The guys above has added some good lists, but I disagree with some of the items.

Here is my character without MoP legendaries:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dline/advanced

I just did a test run in Utgarde Keep, and I have very close to 100% uptime on Elusive Brew and Guard, as in when mobs have gone through a guard I have another ready!

About the items, I think most of the BiS items in terms of sockets comes from Siege of Orgrimmar, like using sunwell / toc gear is not great due to lacking socket bonuses. You want items with main stat bonus not secondary stats.

About trinkets, Blademaster is the best one, and since the "On-use" of the Blademaster trinket doesnt trigger the CD to trigger the next "on use" trinket (like most of them do), I think that you want a trinket with either main stat or bonus armor "on-use" effect.

About weapons, again for dual wield I think the SoO 1h weapons are the best because they have red socket with main stat socket bonus and you can enchant them with dancing steel which has a pure agility proc.

In addition weapons don't scale consistently, meaning same weapon speed/type and ilvl weapons might have different dps scaled down to the same TW dungeon.

Noteable Exceptions:
    • Wrists - Crafted MoP recipie
    • Belt - Crafted MoP recipie
    • Boots - Dragon Soul
    • Cloak - Firelands Ryolith

Ill add a spreadsheet when its done.
    In terms of Agi vs. Crit, they both come very close in value. From my calculations, Crit came up to 0.52 vs. Agi=1 You can try SimCrafting it using the Timewalking 70/80 commands.

The reason why some Sunwell pieces are valued higher is because you get more stats (even being 1 ilvl below WoLK TW) than other gear scaled down. The ToC raid gear I listed are from Heroic Mode, they come with an additional socket compared to the normal version.

In terms of weapon speed/type, it does affect proc chance of weapon enchants and elusive brew generation.

I have some hidden tabs on the spreadsheet calculating stat weights of each item. Those items are higher valued over the crafted recipes. Also Crit > Mastery gear in terms of damage.
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2015-10-23 at 03:02 PM.

I just looked over a few items from our lists and it does indeed seem like yours is better offensively, for instance your belt is +3 ap +3 crit. The agi bonus from my belt is built in into the main stat on your belt, in addition yours is higher in secondary stats.

About weapon dps, I meant that one weapon with same speed / type will have 1 or 2 difference in wpndps when scaled down, so that might factor into deciding if you want one with red or yellow socket, depending on the value of stats vs wpndps, I didnt consider procs etc.
    Last edited by palaios; 2015-10-23 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Added the additional items below LK list.
    Tnx, another question, I used my Monk and simmed it for tw=80

why do you value haste>mastery? also with this much crit, crit vas devalued to 0.34 against agi 1
    Last edited by mmoc2f2b807383; 2015-10-23 at 05:09 PM.

How many targets are you simming it with? With crit build, you'll suffer a bit on single target. I always try to pull trash into a boss. With 67-72% crit, I can only keep my Elusive Brew uptime around 90% of the time while dual-wielding.

I value haste because being scaled down to ilvl 95/160, your spirit regen is almost non-existent. When using ChiEx, you can not pool your chi and your Shuffle uptime is much shorter than using Blackout Kick (when using 4x CE) meaning you'll more chi.

I uploaded a few TW videos (will get Old Kingdom footage later). These are all pug groups using LFD. I also have some footage from last BC event when I did not have a Blademaster trinket if anyone wants me to upload those.
    Gundrak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7ERWsn5oI
    Halls of Lightning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEn-JNZgt2w
    Nexus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-mItpOOck
    Old Kingdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0HR1dxAZs
    Utgarde Pinnacle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Um2PnewhU
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2015-10-25 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Added Old Kingdom vid

Deleted
    How many targets are you simming it with? With crit build, you'll suffer a bit on single target. I always try to pull trash into a boss. With 67-72% crit, I can only keep my Elusive Brew uptime around 90% of the time while dual-wielding.

I value haste because being scaled down to ilvl 95/160, your spirit regen is almost non-existent. When using ChiEx, you can not pool your chi and your Shuffle uptime is much shorter than using Blackout Kick (when using 4x CE) meaning you'll more chi.
    I simmed with 4 targets. I also tried switching crit gems for agi ones (250crit>125agi) and gained 5.5% dps increase on 4 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohi View Post
    I simmed with 4 targets. I also tried switching crit gems for agi ones (250crit>125agi) and gained 5.5% dps increase on 4 targets.
    I'm not sure. Could it be the Chi torpedo build? I never played it before.

You could probably grab the belt from the Dalaran VP vendor for gold until you get the SoO Garrosh or Yogg10 belt.

Here is a spreadsheet I made that doesn't involve using legendaries or proc based items like ICC ring:
    ( Im new so it will not let me post the link )

Hello. Thank you for the spread sheet. I am using the Agile Retinal Armor for a head piece and the listed gems for the sockets. However the meta gem will not activate. I do get the socket bonus. Is this working as intended ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boemonte View Post
    Hello. Thank you for the spread sheet. I am using the Agile Retinal Armor for a head piece and the listed gems for the sockets. However the meta gem will not activate. I do get the socket bonus. Is this working as intended ?
    If you are using Relentless Primal Diamond (MoP version), there is no requirement. BC/WoLK meta do require a number of gems of certain color(s).

Also uploaded Pit of Saron video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDvPoamwzM

Newbie95816, do you value the Bonus Armor/Crit stat-stick cloaks over the legendary mop cloak with sockets?
    Referring to this one: http://www.wowhead.com/item=102248/fen-yu-fury-of-xuen

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the set Chuq linked for the most part. Dps legendary cloak, same weapons/trinkets, but i added the SoO 4p tank set (leg offpiece) since it has solid set bonuses and tons of red sockets. I also like using the tanking legendary meta since 20% damage reduction is amazing and it procs allot. This way it's still perfectly viable for cata TW as well though the difference between sw gear and mop gear is pretty minor in the end due to the stat squish.

At the end of the day just getting as many items you can enchant and as many red sockets as humanly possible should be the goal.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    Newbie95816, do you value the Bonus Armor/Crit stat-stick cloaks over the legendary mop cloak with sockets?
    Referring to this one: http://www.wowhead.com/item=102248/fen-yu-fury-of-xuen
    Weagree, I value BA/Crit with socket cloak over MoP cloak because the dps legendary cloak has a lower proc rate for tanks. Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen is a nice alternative if you done the legendary chain last expansion and you are not lucky enough to get a BA/Crit socketed cloak.

Deleted
    Weagree, I value BA/Crit with socket cloak over MoP cloak because the dps legendary cloak has a lower proc rate for tanks. Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen is a nice alternative if you done the legendary chain last expansion and you are not lucky enough to get a BA/Crit socketed cloak.
    Do you value Crit/BA + Socket over the ICC/715-rings aswell?

Also, has anyone tried the Bronzed Elekk Statue as an alternative to the Engineering trink? Didn't log anything during this week but it had quite a decent uptime and the BA-procc is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    Do you value Crit/BA + Socket over the ICC/715-rings aswell?

Also, has anyone tried the Bronzed Elekk Statue as an alternative to the Engineering trink? Didn't log anything during this week but it had quite a decent uptime and the BA-procc is pretty sweet.
    I'm not sure about the 715 ring, I do not have one myself. (0.92rppm) ICC ring is 45-50sec icd with around 10sec uptime. I would use a Crit/BA socketed ring over the ICC Exalted one due to it's cd/duration. It is also too low ilvl for Cata Timewalking event. The ring has less secondary stat than other rings because of the proc and haste isn't a strong stat for BrM. It is just that most old raid gear with lots of sockets include haste.

I have not tested if TW bosses reset rppm timer like in Challenge modes/raid bosses on pull, so I'm not too sure about the ring or the trinket.
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2016-01-13 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted

Wich Gems

I might be stupid, but can u name the excact name of the gems pls..