Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Well I'm glad the guy that serves NOAA their Egg McMuffins in the morning has weighed in on the debate. Tell the boys at the Oklahoma weather lab they can go home early today.
    Ouch... gonna need some aloe vera for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Well I'm glad the guy that serves NOAA their Egg McMuffins in the morning has weighed in on the debate. Tell the boys at the Oklahoma weather lab they can go home early today.
    He's actually the mail room guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Man made climate change isn't proven or disproven by one off events.

We have a whole set of data that proves man has affected the climate negatively.
    Don't worry. We will have the conspiracy theroist soon claiming how the man made climate change is hoax made by Al gore and how he bribed the 97% of climate scientists to do his bidding. They will never change as they refuse to believe evidence to contrary ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Don't worry. We will have the conspiracy theroist soon claiming how the man made climate change is hoax made by Al gore and how he bribed the 97% of climate scientists to do his bidding. They will never change as they refuse to believe evidence to contrary ever.
    We already have people saying "Climate has and always will change" and ""global warming" scam", so the nonsense has already started.

While warming is just an objective fact and does have a probabilistic impact on the likelihood of hurricanes, blaming any specific hurricane on a probabilistic factor is a misunderstanding that just kind of muddies the waters of discourse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Probably because the Earth has been here billions of years and you guys are just as much fearmongering idiots as the people who think Muslims and the big bad communists are going to detroy the world. Climate has and always will change.
    hundreds of billions of tons of carbon stored in the Earth for tens of millions of years gets emitted into the atmosphere in 150 years and you geniuses think that won't do anything to the climate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While warming is just an objective fact and does have a probabilistic impact on the likelihood of hurricanes, blaming any specific hurricane on a probabilistic factor is a misunderstanding that just kind of muddies the waters of discourse.
    just a single data point showing the accelerated trend of warming water and higher energy content in the atmosphere due to higher temperatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    You could always blame HAARP

Storms like this are called "once in a 500 year storm" or "once in a 100 year storm". Not "Every 2 months storm".

How do you deny it?

Simple, you turn off your tv and tell yourself it is all a bunch of left wing crap while mumbling to yourself damn liberals or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    just a single data point showing the accelerated trend of warming water and higher energy content in the atmosphere due to higher temperatures.
    That's my point though - a single data point out of context is meaningless in the context of probabilistic events. Presenting them as meaningful opens the doors the to people pointing out things like Galveston. The emphasis needs to be on averages and numbers, not on single data points; looking at individual hurricanes is just anecdote. This appeals to people that feel things rather than thinking through them, but it's a bad method of argument when shooting for accuracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Even if this did not happen.

Climate ALWAYS changes and it always did.
    The tide goes in, the tide goes out. You can't explain that!

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. 300+ years ago not EVERY 2 MONTHS!

Quote Originally Posted by ryast View Post
    Because there's no proof that anthropogenic climate change causes hurricanes?

gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes

I'm not allowed to post links with such a young account, so sorry the link doesn't work. You have to add a www and an http.
    Ah, so I suppose humans caused the ice age as well. And the destruction of Pompei.
    Dormant volcanos alone release 5-8 times more CO2 than humans.
    Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

/cheers

We already have people saying "Climate has and always will change" and ""global warming" scam", so the nonsense has already started.

Saying the climate has always and will always change is not nonsense, that's pretty well documented. Just a basic observation of things like Antarctic ice core studies and the like will tell you that the climate is in a perpetual state of flux. The reason where I grew up in Wisconsin is not buried under miles of glacial ice is because the climate changed since the last ice age. Historical climate change is a known fact, not nonsense.

Don't lump those two phrases you quoted into the same category please.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. 300+ years ago not EVERY 2 MONTHS!
    Must have been all those cooking fires!!!
    kek...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Ah, so I suppose humans caused the ice age as well. And the destruction of Pompei.
    Dormant volcanos alone release 5-8 times more CO2 than humans.
    Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

/cheers
    No, volcanos don't emit more CO2 than human activity.

If you can't connect the cause and effect of emitting hundreds of billions of tons of stored carbon in the crust of the earth for tens, if not hundreds of millions of years, in 150 years, then there isn't anything left to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Ignorance and stupidity are good catalysts for denial when it comes to man-made climate change, which is a factual thing that has been happening for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Warmer water + big swirly thing = bigger Hurricanes. Not a hard concept. Where the hell do you people think all that carbon is getting trapped? Has anyone actually looked at how bad El Nino could be this year.
    You can imagine and conceptualize all kinds of nifty little things, but it's not proof.

It is premature to conclude that human activities--and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming--have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.
    -- From the NOAA

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    You could always blame HAARP
    Oh yeah...

Might have been targeting MJ fields.... Hmmm

/cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, volcanos don't emit more CO2 than human activity.

If you can't connect the cause and effect of emitting hundreds of billions of tons of stored carbon in the crust of the earth for tens, if not hundreds of millions of years, in 150 years, then there isn't anything left to discuss.
    Do I really need to post the link?