Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Fairly certain Bread isn't serious.

OT: it's easy to deny, just say: 'I deny man-made climate change', you'd be wrong, but you would have denied it, and just to be sure, I agree with the science about causes and man-made CC.

The thing that irks me the most about the whole debate is the notion that rising sealevels aren't a big issue 'as people can just move to higher places', I'm sure those islands in the Indian ocean and the Pacific are going to be really happy with that attitude when the entire island disappears below the waves. Closer to home, for me anyway, countries like the Netherlands and Bangladesh, which are for a good part below sealevel to start with, won't be easy to resettle within their own countries' borders.

And even if entire countries' populations are resettled then the next issue will be what their legal status is, are they a sovereign people, do they have their own elections, or is it best to absorb them into the host country, what if they have to be divided over different countries, are they now two different peoples? and so on.
    psh alex jones is my hero. i have a statue of him in my front yard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Lol take your head out of the sand buddy.
    your the one with your head in the sand. also NO ONE works for free.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    your the one with your head in the sand. also NO ONE works for free.
    Let's consider how one would make a lot of money in climate research.

Is it by drawing an academic salary and writing grants? No.

The real prize would be if you could show that anthropogenic climate change wasn't a threat. Not only would you be famous, but the vested fossil fuel interests would shower you with rewards.

But no one has done that, despite the payoff that would await them.

So, yes, rewards are what motivates people. By your logic, the scientists should have been motivated to disprove AGW. But it has stood up even so, which is evidence in its support.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Let's consider how one would make a lot of money in climate research.

Is it by drawing an academic salary and writing grants? No.

The real prize would be if you could show that anthropogenic climate change wasn't a threat. Not only would you be famous, but the vested fossil fuel interests would shower you with rewards.

But no one has done that, despite the payoff that would await them.

So, yes, rewards are what motivates people. By your logic, the scientists should have been motivated to disprove AGW. But it has stood up even so, which is evidence in its support.
    how do you expect scientists to eat or drink without money to buy food and pay bills?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

how do you expect scientists to eat or drink without money to buy food and pay bills?
    Nowhere do I expect scientists to eat or drink without money. Maybe you should read what I actually wrote?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I don't think it's as big a deal as some would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They don't; grants don't supplement salaries.
    And college athletes never make any money in college...

10+ Year Old Account
    They can get paid more doing easier work with Oil and Mineral companies. Many in fact leave Academia to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Ah, so I suppose humans caused the ice age as well. And the destruction of Pompei.
    Dormant volcanos alone release 5-8 times more CO2 than humans.
    Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

/cheers
    Yes that is true that volcanoes emits more then we do, but the carboncycle has been in somewhat equillibrium and since the industrialization we speeded up the process exponentially and got the "bucket" to overspill so to say. Since the planet cant absorb the carbon that has been released as fast as we release it into the atmosphere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So you want me to disprove your bad stats?
    How about you prove your position? Since you claim that the "other" posistion is false!?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Yes that is true that volcanoes emits more then we do
    It's totally FALSE, actually. Please stop lying. I presented links earlier in this thread with the contrary truth. Anthropogenic emissions of CO2 exceed volcanic emissions by two orders of magnitude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    And college athletes never make any money in college...
    Scientists get paid to do science guys. Stop the presses.

It's just a shame they don't get additional pay for cherry picking results like denier think tanks do.

Deniers have also taught me to never trust anyone making a salary ever again. I'm only going to listen to people who are doing something as their hobby. I wonder if I can find any doctors at hobby lobby... can't trust my general practicioner any more since she makes a salary.

You say I have a cancerous tumor? I'm gonna need a second opinion from Alex Jones's team of hobby doctors.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-10-27 at 02:44 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"