Deleted

Gorefiend skip question

Hey guys. I am not certain how the lock idea works.

If we as a guild kill first 5 bosses and then invite (and make leader) someone with a lock to socrethar or a portal to upper HFC could we skip gorefiend?

Is there a way to do it if what I asked doesnt work? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrol View Post
    Hey guys. I am not certain how the lock idea works.

If we as a guild kill first 5 bosses and then invite (and make leader) someone with a lock to socrethar or a portal to upper HFC could we skip gorefiend?

Is there a way to do it if what I asked doesnt work? Thanks.
    You should be able to do that yeah. In that case though the new guy that's passing the lock will have to be unsaved, and he will also get saved in your ID so no mythic for him this week. I am not sure what happens if you do it before killing any bosses, ie you make him leader at the very start of the raid, he gets you up and then he leaves and you kill Iskar and Soc before going for the first 5. I'd assume in this case he won't get saved but not sure.

The new guy doesn't need to be made leader. He also won't be saved if he doesn't accept the lock and leaves within the 1 min pop up timer.

I did it for friends in a guild with alts/mains of our guild (people raiding doubpe schedules). As soon as someone with oey zones in, the npc move in and open the portal. Just heart out once portals are opened and decline save.

I'd strongly recommend you only do this if you miss key players for the kill or rekill and not systematically though. It is simply not a sustainable strat for guild morale/self-assesment

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is for Mythic, then do what Deau says.

If it is for Normal/HC, then also do what Deau says, except there's no downside (save/lock) for the person helping you out. You can kill bosses on these difficulties as often as you want each week (but only be eligible for loot the first time).

Pretty confident the question is for Mythic... if it's for normal/HC, there's no reason to skip Gorefiend