differences between the healers on imp side

Hi guys! New to the game, and sorry for asking, but I have a hard time choosing between the healers. I do not really care about who is the best healer, but I am looking for the differences between the 3 healers to find out which healer I will enjoy the most on imp side. Thanks!

If you've played wow:
    Agent is a lot like druid. Very mobile, multiple hots and a few instant heals.
    Inquisitor is similar to disc priest. Shields, very nice channeled heal, good AoE heal you put on the ground, a few instant heals.
    Mercenary has been compared to shaman. Haven't played merc healer so I'd rather not give bad description

Broad generalization ofc but it's something.

Thanks! I think I might pick Op healer then, I do not mind healing people over a long period of time, very good for constant damage. By the way, I am pretty much making this healer for PVE content, so I know that mercs are bad healer in PVP, but I am not doing PVP. I am guessing the weakness of Ops are going to be their lack of burst heals then.

Yep, not much of a burst to speak of, your instant heals are average at best. Not that they are bad, just not exceptional at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Yep, not much of a burst to speak of, your instant heals are average at best. Not that they are bad, just not exceptional at it.
    Great, thanks! Now all I need is to find out what the merc healers are good at, last time I heard that merc healers were good for healing tanks in PVE, but I want to make sure. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markopolo113 View Post
    Great, thanks! Now all I need is to find out what the merc healers are good at, last time I heard that merc healers were good for healing tanks in PVE, but I want to make sure. Thanks!
    If you havent yet, the merc is alot like the resto shaman honestly if you've tried that in WoW.

You have what is basically earth shield, as well as alot of larger heals, its pretty straight forward and excellent for sticking to one target but has ok-ish aoe.

I only have experience as a Merc Healer. It's closest to a Resto Shaman. No HoTs, small instant heals, one emergancy instant with a long cooldown with moderate healing, an AoE heal that also provides a healing buff and a couple casted heals with moderate throughput. You also get a activated ability that becomes available once you've reached a certain number of "healing stacks" that recovers a small amount of resource, increases healing throughput and makes one of your casted abilities instant, but it doesn't make it free so be careful.

Great for tank healing, OK at group healing, but from my experience the best at healing over a long period of time provided the tank and you are decently geared for the content being done so the incoming damage isn't too high or your healing output is good enough otherwise you're forced to use the bigger heals that will drain your resource too quickly to recover from.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2015-11-02 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks! I will make a merc healer along with my operative healer then, I like the sound of tank healing. I might look into tank differences, but that is for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shige View Post
    Inquisitor !!
    XD, you do know that I was not asking about the best healer didn't you? If you are saying inquisitor, because you want me to try inquisitor healer, I will most likely do the inquisitor healer someday, just not right now, so I am saving that healer for later. I might also try the pub alts, so I can help the pubs as well. Thanks for the reply either way!

mercs have good tank healing and a lot of cooldown-based burst (useful for saving tanks and other high damage targets.) Their raid healing is not amazing but it's better than it gets credit for, if you have time to prep many group members with kolto shells (you can put them on everybody if you have time.) Feels a lot like holy paladin imo.

operative has the closest WoW comp: resto druid. You have a lot of raid healing potential via spammable hot but comparatively little burst/recovery.

sorc is kind of a combo of resto shaman and disc priest mechanics; their hot feels very similar to riptide (i.e. cast it and get a consumable buff for other spells), and they have the same bias toward a stationary stack clump. However, they also get a spammable shield and a prayer of mending style jumping heal.

also merc and operative have kind of a different healing model in that they're bound by energy, and maintaining resource regen is something they spend a lot of time thinking about. Sorc has to worry about regen too, but their resource pool is much bigger so they have a lot more freedom to spam for a while without worrying about it.