Poll: Should they return to the MoP-formula?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Let's see we went from mop which arguably had the most stuff ever in game to do to wod which clearly has the least stuff to do.
    Isn't a wonder why mop would be missed
    Actually technically speaking WoD has the most content. It's just it wasn't very good content. Most of it (if not all, really) was just grinding dailies. A lot of people have been saying that WoD has little to no content but the truth is there tons of content. People just choose not to acknowledge it because they don't like it. MoP just had rep grinds and scenarios. WoD pretty much has the same thing but a little bit more of it with all the garrison stuff and all.

But yeah I do miss MoP. And no I'm not one of those people who were bashing on it when it was the new upcoming expansion because "WTF this is a Kung Fu Panda rip off". I was actually looking forward to it a lot. I miss it though not just because of the awesome Chinese theme to it or the music or even the story but because classes back then had more than 4 spells to use. With WoD they oversimplified the classes to a point where it's hardly fun to play anymore. It's one of the biggest reasons why I can't bring myself to play again until Legion and depending on how good Legion is I may never return back to WoW. Gameplay in WoW feels so boring anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Gotta laugh at threads like this, given how much hate Pandaria had and how people were so sick of it... This happens every time, during the expansion people just want it over and later people are like "zomg xxx expansion was just so wonderful I wish i could go back".. Will happen with WOD too, mark my words.
    Oh yeah, you're right. I can't wait to see people having nostalgia trips and saying how garrisons weren't actually that bad or that they missed questing in Draenor or how they miss bonus quests that you find out in the world or something. It'll happen with Legion too and the next expansion after that and the expansion after that. I remember when MoP was this joke to everyone and how it was such a rip off of Kung Fu Panda and how the Chinese theme didn't fit WoW somehow. Now people miss it and feel nostalgic about it already. It's so ridiculous and quite funny.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-10-29 at 07:36 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Gotta laugh at threads like this, given how much hate Pandaria had and how people were so sick of it... This happens every time, during the expansion people just want it over and later people are like "zomg xxx expansion was just so wonderful I wish i could go back".. Will happen with WOD too, mark my words.
    The vast majority of players' hatred for Pandaria was based on surface level presentation. Other than that, a few people will grumble about "dailies" (which was a legit problem) but the list of legitimate complaints is quite short. But most people just couldn't get over the pandas themselves, and many of them still can't.

There's a lot I can say I like about WoD, but I could also list problems for days. It's a very troubled expansion and I will not look back on it as fondly as others. It is absolutely not comparable to Pandaria in terms of being an overall great expansion that just had PR problems.

Well we all saw this coming, because it happens every expansion.
    I never missed Cata and I seriously doubt I will ever miss WoD. It doesn't happen every expansion.

I miss LFR giving tier, it was something to do on alts

Deleted
    God no. Doing the Pristine farm for archeology achievments. God I hate that freaking continent!

I love padaria. It brought some fresh air with new characters and stories. The next 2 expansions are mostly reusing old lore. I am fine with Illidan, such a baddas character, trully deserves more story and redemption.
    Imho the entire lore in WoD was a crap, all characters got a just a bit of story with poor ending which all put together doesn't make a good story, hell not even a sandwich.
    The only hearthwarming piece of story in WoD were zone cinematics. Even those are just an idea from MoP (vale of the four winds - mantids attacking the wall, jade forest - sha awaken).
    I was looking forward to the next chapter of story in Pandaria which made me happy and I was afraid what the next chapter of WoD will bring and ended up disappointed.

Between Pandaria and WoD, Pandaria comes out on top for me. But I would rather we do not go back to Pandaria because there has been better and there is potential for even better things.

I disliked Pandaria but not as much as I disliked WoD.

So, no.

To this day I am surprised that Blizz did not continue the setup they had in 5.1. For me 5.1 was a perfect way to structure daily content. This was the Landfall patch where you would do a few days worth of dailies and then unlock a new piece of endgame story content. It was a really good way to keep people engaged in daily quests as well as provide additional story content at max level. Say what you want about Mists (and it had many flaws), but I, personally didn't unsub once during Mists. It did a better job of keeping me engaged between raids than WoD has.

MoP sucked, WoD sucks even more. TBC/Wrath was the shit.