Thread: 'Like' button?

'Like' button?

Just wondering, is there a way to add a 'Like' button for posts (or am I missing that there already is one?)?

A lot of times, I'll read a post and agree with it, or think it's well-constructed or offers some good points, but to add a post that just says 'I agree with what that guy says' just pads the thread with fluff past which people need to scroll. By adding a 'Like' button, I can quickly signify my approval/agreement, without having to bloat the thread, or, more realistically, do nothing.

In terms of value to other users, for me at least, it would be useful to see how many 'likes' a post achieved when it was offering 'theorycrafting', number/log analysis, or playstyle suggestions. If I see a post has 6 'likes', especially if it identifies who those 'likers' are, and I trust those names and know they're usually right about stuff, I'd be more inclined to trust what that poster has said. When someone makes a suggestion or says something, and no one responds either way, I'm often left thinking 'did no one respond because it's obvious that post is wrong, right, or because no one knows what to think of it?'. If the 'math-wizzes' or those who play at the top-end can read something and think 'yep, that's a good thing', and can just quickly 'like' it, it's kinda like signing off on something, like having an editor proofread your work, or a professor check for errors or whatever.

Just think it would be a convenient way to help people keep the good/right ideas highlighted from the bad/wrong ones.

(the idea of a 'dislike' button isn't something about which I'm too sure, especially if it identifies the 'disliker', as it could lead to a lot of 'calling out' and arguments).

I'd dig a "like" button.