Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    1. 3 tokens would buy the expansion from an in-game vendor. It would be a profit for them anyway over the regular sale since to get 3 tokens they had an income of 3 monthly subscriptions indirectly. A lot of people already don't pay for the monthly fee.

2. Mythic would be cross-realm with heroic-type saves from the start. The restrictions are more harm than good and in-realm guild trade isn't vital. As it is it mainly promotes transfer fees but the harm is more than the short term profit.

3. Mythic would flex restrictively only up to 2 players up or down. That way balance is kept approximately equal. Most guilds that are not ultra hard core have their nights ruined when only 2 or 3 members are offline.
    mythic changes doesn't solve the problems for the rest of 99% of the player base namely lack of new and engaging content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Who are these mythical "most" players that play the game with gold that you claim exsist?

Before auto-attacking people on every single post you have ever made (ok, with the exception of 1 or 2 posts a week) try to read the rest of the thread. I covered that. It is based on polls on this forum, and I have covered the bias or the statistical issues, before you mention them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    At present gold has nothing to do with anything but subscription time, which has nothing to do with launch content, but with retention after launch content, when people start wondering whether it's worth paying for the game with cash. We are talking millions of box sales and sub numbers that show the dynamic I mentioned for both MoP and WoD.

Yeah though I think it correlates to a large extend. Those that would not play at all now without a gold token means that aren't that eager to buy new expansions either. Compared to how eager they would be if they were eager to pay now at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I half-understand #1

If people don't value the game enough to pay for it (like we've been doing for the past ~9 years) why do they still try to play it? Surely there are other games in the world they they could play, as I have been doing for months.
    Which leads to me not buying that people don't have enough money to subscribe outside of the token, as the game was fine and more than healthy for the majority of it's existence before the token was introduced.
    Undoubtedly it's a little mix of everything but I dunno...

It's a bit expensive in some parts of the world. Even in the poorest parts of europe the monthly fee may be equal to a full day's job or 2.

Before auto-attacking people on every single post you have ever made (ok, with the exception of 1 or 2 posts a week) try to read the rest of the thread. I covered that. It is based on polls on this forum, and I have covered the bias or the statistical issues, before you mention them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah though I think it correlates to a large extend. Those that would not play at all now without a gold token means that aren't that eager to buy new expansions either. Compared to how eager they would be if they were eager to pay now at least.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a bit expensive in some parts of the world. Even in the poorest parts of europe the monthly fee may be equal to a full day's job or 2.

I have read the thread and it still doesn't change the fact you based that whole premise on faulty numbers.
    You can try to justify it any way you want but those numbers are faulty or flat out bad at best.
    Nice try though.

Your points might be taken better if you ever came out and said I would like to buy the next expansion with tokens.
    And then ask us here if that is a good idea and if anyone else agrees and maybe how many tokens should it cost.
    But claiming most who play the game pays with tokens and thus want to pay with said tokens for expansions is you taking a giant leap like you always do.
    It is what you want and that is all you speak for not everyone.
    If everyone pays with tokens who buys all these tokens?
    Claiming polls on his forum speaks for all and is a fact is a joke.

As for mythic again this is what you want(and have made multiple threads and posts on same topic so we get it) but again try to claim it fixes anything or all want it.
    Flex for mythic is a bad idea and against the whole reason mythic was set at 20 for attunement.
    Flexing it out might make it better for you but would destroy the whole idea behind being able to attune its difficulty.
    Then Nevermind the fact this effects 5% at max of the population.
    So who or what does it fix?
    Again you.

Adjusting and fixing things for the minor player base it might help is why wod is in the place it is.
    The only end game they worked on was raiding for this expansion and tried to force all into it.
    Nevermind the majority of the player base never raided or seemed to ever wanted to.
    And I base that off of true numbers not made up ones you claim as facts.

Good try again but why don't you ever just say your "fixes" for the game are "fixes" just for you.
    The majority of the player base could give a damn about mythic raiding and any more time and resources on it is wrong.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. 3 tokens would buy the expansion from an in-game vendor. It would be a profit for them anyway over the regular sale since to get 3 tokens they had an income of 3 monthly subscriptions indirectly. A lot of people already don't pay for the monthly fee.

2. Mythic would be cross-realm with heroic-type saves from the start. The restrictions are more harm than good and in-realm guild trade isn't vital. As it is it mainly promotes transfer fees but the harm is more than the short term profit.

3. Mythic would flex restrictively only up to 2 players up or down. That way balance is kept approximately equal. Most guilds that are not ultra hard core have their nights ruined when only 2 or 3 members are offline.
    I think your number one is great. Two and three are what is wrong with the game currently, imo. Too much focus on raiding. There need to be alternative end game paths.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

I'd love number 1 at least. I'm probably just gonna pay a guildie gold to buy it for me, but with tokens it would be even easier.

As for number 2 and 3, i think just doing away with the realm restriction would be enough to make getting a team less of an issue, don't have to make it pseudo-flex, with cross realm you could easily just pug 1 or 2 if needed instead.

GamesBeat: Has the recent launch of the WoW Token, which allows players to exchange in-game gold for cash-bought game time tokens, affected total subscribers?

Hazzikostas: Overall, it hasn’t been a drastic change in any way, which is great. It’s what we’ve hoped for. There’s no overnight change now that tokens are out there. There’s just some more options and some more flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you vastly overestimate the number of players that use tokens and care about Mythic raiding.

Furthermore the majority of players appear to play with gold now.

That makes it quite clear.
    You realize how this doesn't actually work, right? Good.

Studies of 40-80 samples or more for singular questions like that start producing reliable results according to conventional Statistics and we're having polls of about 150-200 samples here regularly. It could be said though that the type of sample must be unbiased. The crowd of MMO Champion is not exactly what pub servers have but I believe it's not severely different and for that type of question those results would not be that different elsewhere, if there were polls.
    You're taking samples from a niche group (mmo-champ posters) and then extrapolating data for the entire community from it. It is inherently biased.

If you are someone who frequents forums like these, you are already part of the minority and not the majority. Taking samples from here will only show what that minority supposedly does.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Where is the harm in transferring character once in a while?

It's very expensive for some people. Not all play from rich countries. In fact even for some wealthy people it adds up to a huge cost since they may have to transfer all their alts to play properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    because - it's easier. /rolls eyes[/I]

That's unfair. The reason it's unfair is because this game is filled with semi-hard core guilds that have their nights ruined when only 2 or 3 players are offline. It's purely unfair if you consider the fact the true hard core guilds don't have "better people" really, it's just that most people jump ship if they are benched but if you are in a hard core guild with high progress, there aren't many other ships to jump to, and that doesn't make them better at that part, just lucky.

#1 I'm all for, the last two I couldn't care less about because I will never be doing mythic anyways. I'm not sinking that kind of time and effort into this game again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    GamesBeat: Has the recent launch of the WoW Token, which allows players to exchange in-game gold for cash-bought game time tokens, affected total subscribers?

Hazzikostas: Overall, it hasn’t been a drastic change in any way, which is great. It’s what we’ve hoped for. There’s no overnight change now that tokens are out there. There’s just some more options and some more flexibility.

And we believed them. The marketing of Blizzard is never truly genuine on interviews and they admit it themselves when they say "you have to know what to say and what not to say". In this case the truth might be more sinister, since the game appears to all Polls in this forum to be filled with gamers that would not be subbed without the gold - even in rich America - but even that didn't bring the subs up by much, meaning there might be other problems keeping them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    niche group (mmo-champ posters)

MMO Champion's general forum is not that niche. Slightly more involved players than the official forums, yes, but not too far. Don't confuse the raiding forum and the class forums with this forum for instance, this forum isn't just mythic raiders.

Also the official forums do have exceptional players. I just noticed a Mage thread that had mythic raiders talking about their setups in all mythic bosses in July. Not even this class forum gets that easily.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Number 3 ruins the point of even field of balance. The reason for a fixed number is not because 20 is some magical number but because this way everyone plays fair and has the same challenge. If you can play with 18 or 22, top tier guild will find the best number for each fight and use that. The ones who figure it out will have an advantage.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Number 3 ruins the point of even field of balance.

I doubt that would be an issue for something restricted. Not even Blizzard would know what is better. I think of it more like 19 to 21 so semi hard core guilds can be comfortable by maintaining a roster of about 22 so when up to 2 or 3 are offline (the norm in 99% of semi hard core guilds) it would be fine. 18 to 22 would be excessive in my opinion, I wouldn't suggest that, 19-21 would solve most of the problem.

Deleted
    1# is Nice, but not needed.

2# should happen.

3# im torn. Its frustrating, but it defeates the purpose why we transition to mythic.

For me, the biggest change I could get was changing to 15 or 10 man (pref 10). I miss 10 man so much, the enjoyment i had was so High. I was alot closer with the people in the guild, and it felt like your own performance mattered more. I Also raid 2x a week only, and its hard to find a good core group who meet the criterias of a casual schedule, Semi-hardcore attitude. 11-12 of those is easier to come by Than 22-23.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    #1 - Won't revitalise the game at all but I'd still buy it because gold is worthless.

#2 - Yeah that'd be nice and would mean more people do Mythic but can't because of reasons. Still a very small number of people.

#3 - 20M is what they chose. Flexing it will make it work weirdly and will start the bitching of "you only did it with X so your dick is smaller" and of course finding an ideal number which changes per fight to figure an optimal way of cheesing the mechanics. You can argue that it should have been whatever number you like and I'm sure there's reasonable arguments for any of them but it would defeat the balancing of Mythic and create more pointless drama that nobody really cares about.

So none of these will revitalise a game but the first one is a fine idea.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Hardly. Except for #1, which doesn't have anything to do with the game itself anyway, these changes interest about 5% of the playerbase.
    This, definitely. Nothing regarding mythic will ever revitalize the game. If anything, the things that will revitalize the game will be

1) Less pointless content (garrisons) and more fun/rewarding content (even outside of raiding)
    2) Less solo hero jerkoff stuff, more social stuff (there's literally thousands of games where I can be the hero of a story with all the legendaries I can carry, and every single one of those games suits it better because they're not freakin MMOs)

Don't think any of these would do anything to help the state of the game. The game needs more avenues of content and end-game options than dungeon/raid/daily model but that's been true for a long time and BLIZ has barely made a move against it. Tanaan Jungle was a decent try, though, I would give them credit for a dramatic improvement over Timeless Isle but the item levels being higher than HFC normal was confusing .. dailies invalidating end-game raids?

It's a big challenge to offer players enough compelling and rewarding end-game content to keep them from being bored. But the big mistake was abandoning the expac in under a year. That hurt them bad .. shoulda stuck with WOD no matter what .. like they have in the past.

I'd probably patch in a chance at some higher quality gear or tokens to upgrade instantly to 695 right away (I mean you can buy them but who wouldn't like a chance to save themselves 20,000 crystals? -- Though this might further invalidate Tanaan for alts, since it'd mean less grinding but eh, I'd still prefer some mini bosses to fight.), from new world bosses that spawn across Tanaan. Make like simple mini raid bosses on maybe a 3 day lockout. (A week is too long for something like this.)

I would definitely love to buy the new expac for 70,000G or something, though. Then the game would become 100% Free2Play and I'd stay until the end of time, because making gold is so effortlessly simple to do.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2015-10-26 at 08:27 AM.