View Poll Results: Should Raiding Trash Be Changed?

Voters
396. This poll is closed
  • Yes, there is too much trash.

153 38.64%
  • No, Its fine the way it is.

152 38.38%
  • There should be an option for raid leaders to disable trash after the first clear.

74 18.69%
  • I really don't care.

61 15.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo some of the trash are crazy such as the road between socrethar and tyrant, just tone down their power and i'm fine with it

Deleted
    I'm gonna sound like an old record...bring back TBC trash (not the MH waves, even though tuned down it would be fun to see a return of it). I enjoyed doing trash in some raids as long the trash between 2 bosses wouldn't take too long and is very different each pull.

The only TBC raids where I thought trash was too much was Black Temple at some points and Sunwell, other than that it was really fun.

Where's the "there's barely any trash, there should be more and harder" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see minibosses added in between normal trash. Even rare spawn minibosses like in the vanilla dungeons. That'd be a nice change.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    The trash adds the sense of adventure and immersion to the raids. Remember trial, it was a nice change as a one-off but it felt flat. I have tbh though, i've never been as pissed off with trash as i was during WoD. It was often ridiculous and some of them were more dangerous than the bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember SSC trash ?:P doing more trash then bosses haha.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    It may sound silly but I think they should change their drop table, they assume every player don't care, but I'm sure having a lot of possible non equipement loot like in Vanilla raids is better than having a single green and a grey item dropping 1/10 times. Surprises are part of the enjoyment.

I mean just compare :
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=81807/councilor-nouk
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=87910/gorian-rune-mender

to this :
    http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=14750#drop:0-13+1

Not sure what were their logic here.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-10-25 at 10:21 AM.

Trash in HFC is super nice. It's not easy, you need people to participate in clearing it, if half the raid is afk, you won't get far.

Trash shouldn't be super hard, after all it's just trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be much less trash mobs. Instead, there should be things like hidden traps spawning mobs, trap floors (like the ones in the tombs back in MOP) and so on.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    There should be much less trash mobs. Instead, there should be things like hidden traps spawning mobs, trap floors (like the ones in the tombs back in MOP) and so on.
    MoP raiding, those were the days. At least even the ToT Changing trash packs per week. Im just sick of these time wasting pulls that drop gear from time to time that no one needs anymore and never sells... When you get at least 75+% cleared in the mythic difficulty in any raid, your group is no longer gonna be patient with rediculous trash packs anymore >.>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trash adds immersion the instance. That said, I really don't think this expansion was that bad trash wise. Sometimes the pacing is off, meaning that one boss has an amazing amount of trash, while another doesn't. Usually this evens out over the course of the entire raid instance.

I was concerned that Mythic trash would be really terrible, but honestly, it wasn't that and it's basically a small step up from heroic trash, which is welcome.

Personally the only thing I would change is to have a long quest line that takes a 4+ of a final boss kill to basically disable trash in the instance if you so choose. Watching Khadgar for example proclaim that he has no time for this just to arcane barrage all of the trash in front of the first boss for example would be amusing.

Honestly though, with the existence of checkpoints being added in this expansion (and hopefully they continue to refine and keep using them) I see no reason to change how raids work. Being able to skip the first six or go straight to Mannoroth opens up a lot of flexibility. We are at the a point in a couple weeks where we will likely zone in, do Fel Lord, Xhul'horac and then just do Mannoroth and Archimonde. Best thing about those bosses after a long tier of doing farm is that they have little trash, drop the best loot and can be done relatively quickly.

I don't mind the amount of trash there has been in this expansion, but the trash has WAY too much health. Takes too long to kill and get to bosses. Also, some trash is harder than some bosses still... Trash drops need an increase, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well , there were 2 extreme experiments on this case in WoW - Mount Hyjal with waves of trash coming and coming , and TOC where were no trash at all - and since we dont see both of these recipes after , my guess that feedback was negative for each .

Trash should be there - else all raids are gona feel like brawling guild with different arena every tier . I personnaly wuldnt mind one arena like raid per 1-2 tiers as a bonus addition to the main tier raid - wont take as much resources to make it and will add more grp content to the game

It's fair enough that some people like trash but am I the only one who wants TOC style for every raid, im there to execute mechanics and do interesting challenging fights. I know plenty of people complained about no trash but they could easily make another no trash raid that didn't have other issues TOC had, its not the only reason TOC was bad.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't want people to consistently farm the complete raid, if the raidgroup doesn't really want to do it minor upgrades. Skipping wings should be what farmers do if they feel bored by too many trash/time wasted to get where they want to be.

Yet tier drops are too lucrative to skip them. They need to rethink the token drops imo. The first bosses in hfc are really just not that fun + all their trash.

only socrethar and tyrant wing is kinda bad in hellfire IMO

Nope trash is fine. Groups just need to learn how to do it better. That's a huge problem right now. Its obvious when I do dungeons and CMs with my raid, they never use CDs on trash.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Too few options in the poll! xD I would love more trash, like the amount of trash in BT was amazing Having trash be somewhat difficult and drop good epic items, is fun I feel like trash is needed, since without all the raids would look empty and sad. You need mobs/trash to create a living enviroment and give soul to an instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    My opinion:

I have literally no idea what everybody else looks for in a RAID. For me when I RAID, I want to do exactly that... RAID. Not spend 30mins+ on the mountains and mountains of trash that litter the halls of every raid. The gear is nice, especially since some people have BiS pieces from trash, which is where that option would come into play. The raid could vote to leave it on or turn it off, makes the raiding experience 99999% more flexible and time efficient depending on what raid groups want.

Just my opinion, pls no shoot kaze! o.O
    You say you want to raid, but if there is no trash, its not really raiding xD Raiding has always been about clearing out trash before a boss, and then do that again If you remove the trash, raiding losses its soul. The raids would be like huge prowing grounds Look at ToTGC and see how that went xD

i think that raiding should become a box with endless waves of trash at least 100 waves then you get a boss that drops nothing because you toons can all tank/dps/heal and gear dosent matter just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    As the first comment says, the poll is too biased thus I cannot give an answer.
    This. I want more trash, not less.