Deleted

Any up-to-date and accurate WW Guides out there?

Hey guys.

I was just wondering which of the WW guides out there is the most accurate and up-to-date.

The one in this forum seems very extensive, but it's been a few months since the last update. There's also one on Icy Veins, but that website isn't what it used to be in terms of accuracy, so I don't know.

I'm completely new to Monk, too, so I can't even go by gut feeling.

Would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is up to date, and there hasn't been any real changes to the class in several months so the main one here is still correct. Just because it hasn't been updated doesn't mean it's wrong.

If you notice anything wrong in the main guide then I can change it but it still looks correct to me.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    What I kind of miss in the guide here on the forums is some focus on the class trinket + 4p bonus, since that changed my gameplay quite alot.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    What I kind of miss in the guide here on the forums is some focus on the class trinket + 4p bonus, since that changed my gameplay quite alot.
    It changes how the class plays, but not the priorities. It certainly makes it faster but you still want to keep the same buffs up and use the same abilities for the most part.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

To be honest, it kinda changes some subtle things. Let only stuff like most of the time you wanna exhaust combo breaker-black out kick or chi explosion before using rising sun kick, whereas without 2pc we never had this incentive and could delay using combo breakers untill we were forced into jab or it would fade.

Many of the things we missed in 6.2 were due to the fact we thought our guide was still true for the most part and disregarded spreadsheeting stuff. Yes, the guide is mostly up to date, but no there isn't any addition done for 6.2 and some stuff might be misleading. Someone getting into 6.2 on a windwalker REROLL and looking for advice would be kinda lost when playing it because the first thing he'd notice are a bunch of procs he doesn't know how to deal with in the current patch.

For trinkets, talents and a few tips, I created a thread a while back. Not saying its perfect and I need to update A LOT of things on it. However it might help getting templates right for the new tier.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-tricks!
    Don't hesitate to criticize any mistakes I might've left, I'll try to update it by wednesday with the rest of mythic boss's and some better tips.

If we need someone to post how to deal with 6.2 trinkets and T18 boni for windwalker, I would be glad to do it if no one better at it than me has the time to.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses so far.

As has been mentioned, new trinkets and set bonuses can change priorities around a lot (Prophecy of Fear, for example, changed the way my Arcane Mage plays significantly), which is the main reason for me asking for a "recently" updated guide. I didn't mean to imply that any of the guides I've found so far are wrong or anything.