Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's more the United States that's anti-sexuality (while pushing it so hard as well). That thought process is born from the Temperance Movement and then pushed in modern times by our rating committees (TV, movies, music, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's a leftover hangup from the absurdly religious roots of this country, just like the 40 hour work week. It will pass in a few more generations.
    I'm reasonably sure that already went away. Both sending hours far above it if the employer can claim OT exemption and far below it (per job anyway) if they can't.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Given how frequently sex is in every single thing we see or do on a daily basis, I am completely confused as to why anyone would think America, at least, has an aversion to sex. Does OP mean a different country?

Sexual repression seems to be more linked to puritanism, if anything.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance