Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm actually still really surprised no one is pointing out that his entire model says "women are only attracted to money"
    China is still very economically and politically driven in its matchmaking.

I'm actually still really surprised no one is pointing out that his entire model says "women are only attracted to money"
    Nobody ever calls China out because they hold China to a much lower standard than people generally hold the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This fits neatly into the category of, "ideas only an economist could love". I often find myself loving those ideas, but not this one - most men with normal minds and healthy levels of testosterone simply won't accept being cuckolded in their own home.
    It's not adultery if all parties are involved in the marriage.

Deleted
    I don't think it's just that, though it's probably part of it. I think it's also to do with the fact that, under law, the children are obligated to look after their retired parents. Typically that'll mean working men have to be able to afford to take care of two sets of parents and grandparents, which prices poor men out. Nobody wants their daughter to marry a poor man, because their own quality of life will partly depend on him.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-10-28 at 05:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    First Chinese people hate Japanese (other way true)
    one of main reason for single Japanese people because they have to work more the 12hr a day (both gender)

By the way, most Japanese people look down on Otaku (waifus shit).
    Don't get trick by anime/games.
    What better way to reconcile with one another than to fuck one another?

Bootyology is the answer to not just gender issues, but the answer to tensions centuries in the making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Absolutely this.

Leave it to an economist to come up with bullshit ideas like these. Though I have to admit, I've heard some "progressive leftists" spout similar stuff when it comes to future relationship models, which include stuff like "one partner per town" and then honestly thing this is something people would like..

- - - Updated - - -

Japanese women are equally at fault and fear to be degraded to house slaves if they marry. This would solve nothing, because that is essentially what china wants as well, and they wouldn't even get the rich ones but just the poor ones. Why would they do that?
    That's not true to in any stretch.

Both cultures have extended family structures. Plenty of married women enter the labor force in Japan, even after having children, because grandparents take up the slack in child rearing in the household.

The only thing preventing this cohabitation from being my best idea ever in bootyology is centuries of animosity between China and Japan. We get past that, and Chinese men and japanese women cohabiting would solve TONS of economic problems for both countries.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-10-29 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I imagine that might be a tad difficult considering how antagonistic Japan are. However who am I to argue with a PhD in Bootyology.
    It's a relatively young science.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They brought this all on themselves. Now if only we could convince India to stop breeding like rabbits for about 50 years, we wouldn't have so many over populated areas.

A society of cuckhold communist. What a "great place" China must be to live!

The biggest problem with Polyandry is that typically the woman is brought in and used as a sex slave for multiple members of a household.

There's also not the financial benefit that can be gained from Polyamory where one rich man can support multiple spouses and offspring. Instead it's typically a family that can barely support itself purchasing a wife for a brother that's then shared among them.

Deleted
    Shelly, if the men aren't related this is actually more harmful to them than anything. Imagine three guys marrying the same woman, they're all responsible for her and her children, yet none of these might ever be their own and they wont even be closely related to them. If the woman makes the calls about sex another conflict point is added in one or two eventually feeling neglected and as if they were not getting their due.

This whole thing is a recipe for disaster, too many conflict points etc.

@Bigzoo, you do realize that the whole "herbivore" and "sex is nothing but a hassle" attitude is shared by both genders in Japan, right? The Japanese women on large ARE the reason why the men act as they do over there. That being said, I'm fairly sure if you'd actively foster trading "their women" to the Chinese this whole thing would get bloody, fast.

Fornication isn't the solution to a lot of tension, it's one of the main reasons for it as everyone protects and monopolizes that they feel is theirs while also trying to make long fingers at everyone else's cookie jar.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2015-10-29 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mostly heard that the women there are DTF.

At the same time, theres a paradox going on there for the most part. Some of their women are neither in the labor force nor making babies. IDK what the hell they're doing apart from being an economic drain.

Deleted
    This may sound mean but:
    Selfpwnd.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Shelly, if the men aren't related this is actually more harmful to them than anything. Imagine three guys marrying the same woman, they're all responsible for her and her children, yet none of these might ever be their own and they wont even be closely related to them. If the woman makes the calls about sex another conflict point is added in one or two eventually feeling neglected and as if they were not getting their due.
    Essentially this. Sharing a car with my buddy? Alright, makes economic sense. Sharing a wife with him? There's little motivation for that other than one of us is having trouble getting laid. Yay, sex slaves?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    This thread just reminds me of the video on this page:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2272175.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    This is quite tragic. For me, finding a partner is the best thing, luckily I can pick and chose frome all around the globe. Can't imagine how my life would have been as a poor guanggun.

In Russia, there is about 12% more females? We don't hear about them do we? Guess men have it that much harder when they can't find a wife.
    Working at an airport I can confirm that those 12% travel across the globe as glamour prostitutes...arrive Friday, fuck a rich guy and travel back to Russia the Monday after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They brought this all on themselves. Now if only we could convince India to stop breeding like rabbits for about 50 years, we wouldn't have so many over populated areas.
    Might be better to stop all the towelheads from breeding like rabbits that are scavenging Europe dry atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    That wouldn't help the current situation at all, unless you want 40 year olds marrying 12 year olds.
    That's right.
    But that idea doesn't solve anything apart from the very current situation.
    After these 30M single men get a wife (or half a wife ?), what happens ?

- Will these "couples" have children too ? Will the woman get 1 child per husband ?
    That would increase the number of children. Do they want that ? (not discussing whether their 1 child policy is a good thing or not)
    If so, will the girls be kept, or will "cultural" preference thingy keep the imbalance grow bigger ?

If not,
    - how does that solve the imbalance in men/women ?

- how does that solve the fact that children are supposed to care for their elderly parents ? That's, apparently, the reason why he cares so much about the single men. They can't get children, so no one cares for them once they're old.

That's not really a solution. That's twisting the problem terms and rules until you can find an angle at which it seems like a solution. It's like the "9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month". So there are twice the women available, because each one counts double because she can marry twice ! Right ...

What about gay marriage being enforced ? No more single men !
    What about transgendering half of these 30M so they can marry each other ?
    These are ridiculous. But to me it seems only a bit more than what the guy is proposing.

He's tackling a consequence, and not the root cause of the problem. Marry several men to one woman all you want. You'll have to repeat and increase that, until there are, simply, more women.

And, of course, I'm not even speaking of the moral pov. Women being seen as sex slaves or material goods, guys leaving a burden of being single, but not really being in a couple (because except for the ideal case, some or all of the guys will feel left out ...)
    Last edited by Thrundi; 2015-10-29 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Essentially this. Sharing a car with my buddy? Alright, makes economic sense. Sharing a wife with him? There's little motivation for that other than one of us is having trouble getting laid. Yay, sex slaves?
    Imagine yourself a lowlife guanggun, who won't see pussy at all. You and your bro feels depressed, drink yourself to sleep, wake up, and see no pussy at the end of the tunnel. If you and him could share a wife, which at this point, a woman is all you can think off, would you not accept sharing instead of nothing?
    Sure, there will most likely be neglect, and fights, but this is normal in every relationship.

Sure as hell beat the alternative, having no wife at all ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am now hearing reports of China is going to end their one child policy and make it a two child policy?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Wait, why does one husband have multiple wives, while one wife is shared by multiple husbands?

Leave it to an economist to invent a "wife derivative". Short of wives? Just repackage the ones you have and sell them as 2 wives!

Next I expect to hear them suggest we just lower the interest rate on wives. They'll also invent the "wife option", "Quantitative Wife Easing", and "Wife Dark Pools".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.