Deleted

Lightbulb Class-innate activity idea (new content omg!)

Got an idea for new content:

Do something unique your class have:

ROGUE: poison making = create your own poisons, set the doses, mix them together and discover new effects.
    HUNTER: pet caring = modify the appearance of your pet. Change its colours or skeleton. Teach him new animations. Eventually make him wear armor! (aesthetics only)
    MAGE: spellcrafting = customize the particles of some of your spells. That won't be easy! (limited graphical changes).
    PRIEST: inquisition = follow unique daily quests to discover heretics around Azeroth. Track them, find and punish them (no objective tracking).
    DEATH KNIGHT: necromancy = learn being a caster (switchable "spec", abilities from melee to range). (i'm sacrificing here my own necromancer class idea)
    DRUID: dreaming = create your own little Emerald Dream. (like your little instanced home, grow plants and edit terrain)
    SHAMAN: worldmending = follow unique daily quests to discover disturbed powerful elementals around Azeroth. Track them, find and threat them (no objective tracking).
    WARLOCK: demonic lab = create/discover/summon new demons or modify their body. Also choose the weapons for some of your demons.
    PALADIN: justice = avenge evil acts through daily quests! Investigate and find the true criminal, do not kill the wrong guy! (no objective tracking).
    MONK: training master = train your own student! Choose your pupil and train him/her till being an awesome spiritual monk. Make him fight vs other players' students. (AI only, you spectate)
    WARRIOR: superheroism = save innocent people around Azeroth from evil persons. Timed quests! (aesthetic rewards)
    DEMON HUNTER: felhunting = follow unique daily quests to discover demons around Azeroth. Track them, find and punish them (no objective tracking).

NOTE: this thing is not meant to be mandatory. Rewards are aesthetic only.

Get back some RPG! And chill out the rushing for balance only

Something like this would be fun.
    Give us something to do but not make a toon stronger so not mandatory.
    You are on to something here and have some cool ideas.
    Good thread OP actually might be a positive thread in here for a change.

This actually sounds pretty cool. Would give people more to do at endgame instead of raid and pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Something like this would be fun.
    Give us something to do but not make a toon stronger so not mandatory.
    You are on to something here and have some cool ideas.
    Good thread OP actually might be a positive thread in here for a change.
    Thank you! I've put some raw ideas, kickstarted the thread and expecting cool suggestion from the others

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    MONK: training master = train your own student! Choose your pupil and train him/her till being an awesome spiritual monk. Make him fight vs other players' students. (AI only, you spectate)
    so basically pet battles
    can i put my apprentice up against their pet team
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    so basically pet battles
    can i put my apprentice up against their pet team
    Seems like this thing is already getting out of control
    But hey, why not.

Anyway this idea comes from the fact I always loved spectate CPU-driven fights. There should be much work behind AI ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    ROGUE: poison making = create your own poisons, set the doses, mix them together and discover new effects
    We had this. They took it away because it was "too much maintenance". It was the start of the descent of the Rogue identity.

Sounds cool, but there's two big faults in it:

1 - It requires maintenance and balancing
    2 - It doesn't give any cash

No way Blizzard will implement anything like this at this stage. We're lucky if they dont remove our glyphs soon, because "everyone uses the same ones anyway."

Deleted
    I like the idea! I miss class-specific objectives and quests, stuff that highlights the RPG aspect of your character. Plus no quest-helper for specific optional content would be very cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Sounds cool, but there's two big faults in it:

1 - It requires maintenance and balancing
    2 - It doesn't give any cash

No way Blizzard will implement anything like this at this stage. We're lucky if they dont remove our glyphs soon, because "everyone uses the same ones anyway."
    What do you mean as cash?

Blizzard will always try to give new content. Garrison was probably a mistake (because they were mandatory) but the key of keeping players subbed is feeding them with something new (not mandatory).
    They will never remove glyphs dont worry ...they're even adding artifacts' talent trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I like the idea! I miss class-specific objectives and quests, stuff that highlights the RPG aspect of your character. Plus no quest-helper for specific optional content would be very cool.
    Thank you ^^ , exactly my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    We had this. They took it away because it was "too much maintenance". It was the start of the descent of the Rogue identity.
    Athestic only ... like Lightning poison. Makes your weapon have lightning. Or Sha-Skin, makes your weapon colored like a sha. I think the questing theme would go better with an Assassin type questline. Like the Legendary Daggers. You have instances spots in the world where you have to hunt down a "hit". The stealthier the better, or you get overwhelmed with adds, or teleported away or something. When you get to your hit, he would be a tough'ish solo battle. Perhaps tie that to collecting unique ingredients for weapon enchant mogs for rogue only.

You could really explore this idea to a large degree. There is a lot to be said about fleshing out classes to feel more important, thematically.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Athestic only ... like Lightning poison. Makes your weapon have lightning. Or Sha-Skin, makes your weapon colored like a sha. I think the questing theme would go better with an Assassin type questline. Like the Legendary Daggers. You have instances spots in the world where you have to hunt down a "hit". The stealthier the better, or you get overwhelmed with adds, or teleported away or something. When you get to your hit, he would be a tough'ish solo battle. Perhaps tie that to collecting unique ingredients for weapon enchant mogs for rogue only.

You could really explore this idea to a large degree. There is a lot to be said about fleshing out classes to feel more important, thematically.
    I leveled a second Rogue specifically to do the Legendary quest again. Then they took all our iconic abilities away and now I don't want to do it anymore because it can only be a washed down version of which used to be my favorite quest line in the game.